PDA

View Full Version : EA Online Pass pricing

Capt Jawbreaker
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
I plan on buying this second hand on the day I pick up COD:BO ( please no debates on which multiplayer is best ).
How much are the online passes so that I can go multiplayer.

Thanks

Suki
10-06-2010, 06:25 PM
why would u buy two very similar games on the same day seems odd buy moh when it comes out then play it till cod bo comes out.

Burnout x360a
10-06-2010, 06:25 PM
$10 which is about 6

Capt Jawbreaker
10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
why would u buy two very similar games on the same day seems odd buy moh when it comes out then play it till cod bo comes out.

It falls on my monthly pay date ( near ish ) - I am a sucka for DICE so it makes sense I buy MOH when I have spare cash.......and that day is COD:BO launch day.

Ahhhh I have plenty enough MSP to pay for my 6 Online Pass....is that 800MSP ?

AMIGA KID
10-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Regardless of wether or not EA are charging people to buy an online pass is right or wrong (personally i think it's disgusting). Games developers are becoming more greedy by the day. They are bringing out games that are very short and take very little time to complete and within a week are releasing a download content at a premium to the customer. I share the majority of my games with my son and will now have to buy him an online pass for this game, EA servers have to be the absolute worst with going off on a regular basis yet they feel that they are doing nothing wrong with charging you more again. I buy DLC if i enjoyed the game and felt i had gotten my money's worth. So many games fall short of this mark. So what with buying 2 xbox live 12 months subscriptions and new games I am now expected to pay more on top just to get what should be free from the getgo. It will only be a matter of time before other companys jump on the band wagon and we again the customer will suffer. Worse thing is we put up with it "bent over a barell with our pants down"

littlejay
10-07-2010, 05:16 PM
used it will be $55 and it's $10 for the pass.
might as well get it new if you are buying it. i plan on doing the gamefly thing so it's still cheaper for me :p

korous17
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Wait a second. It costs money to play this games multiplayer?

Burnout x360a
10-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Wait a second. It costs money to play this games multiplayer?

Only if you buy the game used in which case you have to pay a one off 6/$10 to access online features.

Brand new copies have a code included.

korous17
10-11-2010, 06:14 PM
What if I get it from gamefly? So much cheaper haha

fear30x
10-12-2010, 02:48 AM
yup i getting my Rental from gamefly. dont want to waste money on another Ea games unless i R R R Really must have it for MP plus gamefly i can get it for $42.00 as of today oct 11

massive183
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
800 MS points this really does suck though about the code thing

fallout frank
10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
To all those saying you must pay to play online you are misinformed, the pass for this game is like the bad company 2 pass, were you get access to extra content (maps) you can play online, and obtain all achievements just fine without the online pass. Hope this helps some of you

pikmin34
10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
To all those saying you must pay to play online you are misinformed, the pass for this game is like the bad company 2 pass, were you get access to extra content (maps) you can play online, and obtain all achievements just fine without the online pass. Hope this helps some of you Thank you wouldn't have bothered renting if the opposite was the case.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
To all those saying you must pay to play online you are misinformed, the pass for this game is like the bad company 2 pass, were you get access to extra content (maps) you can play online, and obtain all achievements just fine without the online pass. Hope this helps some of you
Not true if its like the EA sports game where it does cost $10 if you play it used.

fallout frank
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
how can you say not true i am playing the game now and can confirm 100% it is not like the sports games, online is accessable without the code, the code just gives you extra stuff just like bad company 2.

Gun-Nut
10-12-2010, 08:12 PM
how can you say not true i am playing the game now and can confirm 100% it is not like the sports games, online is accessable without the code, the code just gives you extra stuff just like bad company 2.

Glad to know its more of a VIP Code then an Online Pass since 4 of my family in the house play 360 and I'm sure would like to play some MoH Online when they get the chance to play the game!

Has EA since put out a none Sports game since the Online Passes? who said they would apply to anything other then Sports games? I mean you can't really put out "DLC" for a Sports game.

Redrum4
10-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Wait a second. It costs money to play this games multiplayer? YUP!! If you rent this from blockbuster (day 1 you might get mucky and have a code inside), GF or any other rental or used game you HAVE TO PAY 800 MSP (10.00) to play this online and now its unplayable, also its for ONE gamertag .. so if you share a 360 or have a kid etc they need to buy a pass // ONLY NEW COPIES include a ONE TIME ONLY CODE... UNBELIEVEABLE EA is greedy and sadly the games have not been great, point blank .. sad and totally not happy being bent over for access to online .. i have kids and another account no one but me can be used .. I OWN THIS Fing GAME.. Oh wait no i dont thanks EA

Redrum4
10-12-2010, 10:53 PM
how can you say not true i am playing the game now and can confirm 100% it is not like the sports games, online is accessable without the code, the code just gives you extra stuff just like bad company 2. Thats a lie .. you cannot play this without entering the online pass .... the code also gives you 2 shotguns .. you are confused or lying

fallout frank
10-13-2010, 12:35 AM
check my achievements you idiot i have no code as i have borrowed the game off a mate untill the weekend, if i back out of online it asks me to put the code in to gain access to extra content just like bc2 did, as you said you get 2 shotguns the code is not required to access any online features of the game at-all, nor is there a time period in which you have to enter or buy the code. Online is free you just miss out on two shotguns "WOW" and proberbly future dlc, again, just like bc2

fallout frank
10-13-2010, 12:42 AM
This is the exact message off the game

"Activate online pass to access bonus content
Select redeem online pass code below to enter you code and get the additional features at no extra cost!"

Notice the words bonus content, not online features as was the case with fifa 2011

When i am prompted with this i simply press the B button and play online :woop: so dont make me out be a dick what would i possibly gain from lying

Nikke84
10-13-2010, 01:03 PM
EA sent me a review copy, these doesn't include any codes and I'm playing the game online with no problem just like fallout frank. The EA Sports game is another story, but this game is not like those.

upindat
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Might as well get it new man!! not going to be saving alot!! I do suggest you try ebay. Always find a good deal there!! Just make sure the codes are not used!!

Jarimy123
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
I can also confirm that the guy stating you need the code is a complete moron.

You DO NOT need the code to play online. The code gives you access to more maps while playing multiplayer.

I bought the game new yesterday, and my buddy rented it from a local Family Video. He DID NOT have the code, I did, and we definitely were playing the game online in, in multiplayer, for 2 hours.

undergr3nades
10-13-2010, 03:42 PM
when I input my code, I received an M24 Sniper rifle, and access to download a new game mode.

the "store" for in putting the code was similar to the VIP club on BC2.

you DO NOT need to input a code to play online. the CODE is OPTIONAL.

psychoticpeople
10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes its 800 points. but isn't it against the achievement "rules" to make it so that you cant get the full 1000 unless you buy the dlc