PDA

View Full Version : Music on my Zune won't play on my xbox?

Smiles90
10-07-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has gone ahead and asked this before, but oddly enough the search function isn't working for me...

Anyways, I wanted to know why some music on my Zune HD isn't playing when I try to play it on my xbox. I googled it and It says that only mp3 or mp4 file formats are recognized. Well, I figured that if my Zune can play it then my xbox should be able to play. That's not the case and I'm getting a error message, "Try playing it on the xbox dashboard and status code blah blah." So is there any reason why this is happening. If Zune can play it and MS is talking about how Zune is so compatible with the 360, I think it should be able to play everything on the Zune... Thanks for any ideas or replies of "i'm SOL." I was really hoping to listen to some flyleaf on my surround sound...

EDIT: I just checked the file properties and I tried a new band. I'm thinking it's not the format because it's not playing some MP3 and MPEG-4 songs.

rvlution
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Do you have the optional update?

Smiles90
10-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Yes, I do. Unless there was another one in the past month or so.

rvlution
10-08-2010, 04:26 PM
It's the only update. Idk what to tell you because I also have a Zune HD (stick together man lol) and it works fine. All of my music is from either the Zune marketplace or from CD's I rip.