PDA

View Full Version : alonso never pits

Nanbag
10-07-2010, 02:59 AM
wtf!? i know this because im always ahead of him and then he jumps me when im in the pit lane, and then i never catch him even though im posting quick lap after quick lap...

its not just the one time this has happened its happened multiple times throughout this season.

i guess codemasters went for realism here, cheating scum in real life and the game is no different.

Shelton
10-07-2010, 03:30 AM
wtf!? i know this because im always ahead of him and then he jumps me when im in the pit lane, and then i never catch him even though im posting quick lap after quick lap...

its not just the one time this has happened its happened multiple times throughout this season.

i guess codemasters went for realism here, cheating scum in real life and the game is no different.

Well, there is an issue with flashbacks. If Alonso was going to go into the pits and you used a flashback, the game thinks he has done his pit stop. Therefore he will stay out. If you don't use flashbacks, I have no idea.

daenius
10-07-2010, 07:05 AM
I think it'll even happen if you don't use a flashback, it's a well-known glitch that some of the AI drivers just don't pit.

it's ridiculous, I know... I had this happen to me multiple times in career mode.
Webber was first in a dry race and didn't pit, he won the race. Then some of the AI drivers in the backfield didn't pit, it's really frustrating... hopefully this will get fixed soon...

xLMx1994
10-07-2010, 07:16 AM
I think it'll even happen if you don't use a flashback, it's a well-known glitch that some of the AI drivers just don't pit.

it's ridiculous, I know... I had this happen to me multiple times in career mode.
Webber was first in a dry race and didn't pit, he won the race. Then some of the AI drivers in the backfield didn't pit, it's really frustrating... hopefully this will get fixed soon...

one race i had yesterday, only me hamilton and sutil pitted everyone else didnt. i came last with sutil and hamilton just in front of me.

Nanbag
10-07-2010, 07:25 AM
ah right, didnt know if it was a known glitch or whether it was just my game cocking up.

any ideas as to when a patch is due?

was racing online in gp mode earlier and some guy post a lap under a minute on monza...absolute joke. he said the time that came up on his screen was a 1.22 but the game just decided it was sucha good lap it knocked off 22 seconds.

xLMx1994
10-07-2010, 07:26 AM
ah right, didnt know if it was a known glitch or whether it was just my game cocking up.

any ideas as to when a patch is due?

was racing online in gp mode earlier and some guy post a lap under a minute on monza...absolute joke. he said the time that came up on his screen was a 1.22 but the game just decided it was sucha good lap it knocked off 22 seconds.

as far as i know they havent said how long the patch will be but the sooner the better becuase the bugs ruin such a great game

Nanbag
10-07-2010, 07:36 AM
i personally dont mind a lot of the bugs because its stuff you dont see mostly and well the lap time one only happens every so often.

the one bug that gets to me is the frame rate going around certain corners on certain tracks and the game locks up for a second or so, very frustrating when you are trying to do a quick lap, especially in the final sector of monaco with that fast chicane, ive destroyed many a vehicle after the games frozen and then let me fly into the second part of the turn at 160mph

xLMx1994
10-07-2010, 07:19 PM
i personally dont mind a lot of the bugs because its stuff you dont see mostly and well the lap time one only happens every so often.

the one bug that gets to me is the frame rate going around certain corners on certain tracks and the game locks up for a second or so, very frustrating when you are trying to do a quick lap, especially in the final sector of monaco with that fast chicane, ive destroyed many a vehicle after the games frozen and then let me fly into the second part of the turn at 160mph

the bugs really frustrate me. the pit lane one is really annoying. what lap time one are you talking about? the one online where lap times get time taken off of them, or the one about AI lap times being fake.

defiant4eva
10-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't mind the online Qualifying time glitch, I preffer to start at the back of the grid. As more often than not. Most of the front cars are taken off track, by idiots not braking or braking to late.

The AI not pitting is a real pain, especially on expert. It's not just Teflonso, De la rosa, Trulli and Liuzzi are known culprits.

Am not sure if this is an known glitch or my mate was just unlucky. We were racing online and he started on prime, he pitted at his pit stratergy lap which was set for options. His pit crew decided to fit another set of primes. so he had to pit again, so as not to get a tire rule penalty, but this time they fitted inters. I laughed as I took the win.