PDA

View Full Version : Defeating the DShK is ridiculous!

Venomized
10-07-2010, 06:51 AM
I have to defeat the DShK under 2 minutes, and my objective is to supress it so my team destroys it, but my team won't even move up! The first time they did, but I got killed >.>, but now they just sit back and do nothing, like it is glitched! and I have been glitched several times in this game where I had to go back to last checkpoint. But this time last checkpoint won't work. I am thinking about restart mission, but ughhh!

Anyways just had to rant. I'm making an achievement guide, so that is why I am bothered. I don't want to pass this part until I figure it out. So Far I have all the singleplayer achievements that can be obtained before this level, minus 1.

Venomized
10-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Okay, so it isn't that hard. (I decided to take a long break cause I didn't feel like replaying the level right away). But when I came back I restarted the mission, and it wasn't glitched anymore and I got the Ach =)

bLaKgRaVy
10-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Sweet, good to hear. I took a look at your guide; good work so far. The game itself doesn't look that hard achievement-wise, but every bit helps. Thanks.

kahluafan
10-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm going to assume you have a legitimate copy?

jwmc1971
10-09-2010, 02:53 PM
well , how the F did you do it ? dont just say it worked dude , stuck here too . thanks .

mosin360
10-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Shoot the gunner of the MG whenever there is one and then shoot anyone who shows themselves. Move up as you can. Simple.

Venomized
10-11-2010, 03:42 AM
As bthe guy above posted. Thats what I did and what I wrote in the guide (bu7t more specifically). To the other guy, yes i do, but I'm sure it doesnt affect u so pointless question

Painkiller Q8
10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Yes it is super ridiculous !!

I tried it many many times, and each under 2 min !! f*^%king no achievement !

its the only one left for the single player :(

Mister Rooster
10-11-2010, 09:27 AM

Probably not as the ISO was leaked a few days ago.

MightyPeter
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Probably, as quite a lot of stores started selling it a few days ago.

Hidd3n Shadows
10-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm stuck here too, i've died prolly 10 times tring to do this, my team would never move up and I can NOT kill the gunner, i've put 100 rounds into him and he just sits there. Hopefully after while it will work right.

undergr3nades
10-13-2010, 03:47 PM
This is how I got it:

as soon as I approached the section with the gunner at my 12 o'clock, there would be roughly 4-5 enemies spawning on my left, two enemies spawning on my right on rooftops, and an enemy far back. I moved up to the first wall on the left (used shotgun to expire the men there) then shot the turret baddy until a emblem appeared above the turret showing that it can be accessed. when the enemies spawn on the left side, one will run up and man the turret, in which you just rinse and repeat. I'm unsure why you couldn't kill the gunner. I would put possibly 10-15 bullets into his groin area, worked everytime.

psychoticpeople
10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
i just kept firing the whole time gunner or not and they moved up fast so try that just ask them for ammo and they give you like 1000 saw rounds

upindat
10-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I beat it on my second try. i moved all the way to the right behing the wall and just keep unloading on the gun. Worked like a charm!!

kak2sjak
10-14-2010, 01:37 AM
during my first life on that mission they move up and i can kill the guy on the dshk...if i die, he is invincible and they don't budge....WTF

TheMan70
10-14-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm stuck here too damn stupid guys wont move!!!! wtf??? i keep shooting the dska and i killed everything else but they just wont move!! its pissing me off!!!!!

newbsicle
10-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Just fire at the gunner like you're asked to do by your squad. If you're having problems you can always throw it on easy like I did and still get it. Missed it my first time and just went back on easy and got it.

Balc0ra
10-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm stuck here too damn stupid guys wont move!!!! wtf??? i keep shooting the dska and i killed everything else but they just wont move!! its pissing me off!!!!!

Keep firing at it. There will be an icon above his head when he is in cover. A white cirle with some blue dude in it. When that shows, the gunner is in cover. Then just shoot the other guys there so that your team moves up faster. When the icon blinks its about time to fire at it again.

TheBorkinator
10-15-2010, 04:48 AM
I've found that once you get the objective to suppress the gun, you can NOT die. When you die during that objective, the gunner becomes invincible.

Chrushev
10-15-2010, 05:47 AM
this is the hardest one for sure for single player

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-15-2010, 07:27 AM
I have to defeat the DShK under 2 minutes, and my objective is to supress it so my team destroys it, but my team won't even move up! The first time they did, but I got killed >.>, but now they just sit back and do nothing, like it is glitched! and I have been glitched several times in this game where I had to go back to last checkpoint. But this time last checkpoint won't work. I am thinking about restart mission, but ughhh!

Anyways just had to rant. I'm making an achievement guide, so that is why I am bothered. I don't want to pass this part until I figure it out. So Far I have all the singleplayer achievements that can be obtained before this level, minus 1.

had same issue, just ended up restarting the level and got it first try then on. it seems like once a checkpoint is loaded and u die, reloading that checkpoint triggers the glitch.

for a while there, my DshK was invincible as well, and the AI would not move from their spots. thats kind of a bad glitch they havent caught tho, im also running thru on hard, so it was more frustrating wondering what im supposed to do and if im doing it right.

massive183
10-15-2010, 08:45 AM
i got this 1st time on hard but my brother got so stressed out with it lol

brkensilens
10-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Had the squad "stuck" thing happen a few times, seems if you run ahead of Mother sometimes he decides that you are still behind him and stops to wait no matter what you do he just sits there, reload last checkpoint worked to fix everytime

Cable Player
10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
So I have to start this freaking level again because my team won't move up...
Great..

Edit:
Was a peice of cake when it worked properly. Thanks :)

TRICKY1976
10-17-2010, 08:39 PM
YouTube - Medal of Honor: Manic Suppression Achievement Guide

draven667
10-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Okay, so it isn't that hard. (I decided to take a long break cause I didn't feel like replaying the level right away). But when I came back I restarted the mission, and it wasn't glitched anymore and I got the Ach =)
Where is the link to the guide? Couldnt find it and for some reason search has stopped working. Havent started single player yet, getting online done first so havent got a clue what your talking about but wouldnt mind having a look at the guide so i know what im up against when i do start it. Thanks.

draven667
10-17-2010, 09:51 PM
I found it.:rock

Barad
10-17-2010, 10:20 PM
I've completed the game twice already and don't have this stupid achievement :/ Can anyone confirm if you can stiil get the achievement if you die and have to start from the last checkpoint?

sjmleicester
10-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I also got the glitch where the gunner/ enemy wouldn't die. If this happens you need to restart the whole mission rather than reloading the checkpoint

Don't forget to regroup with the rest of your team once the flare is in place and you are told to. Apart from this glitch which can happen occasionally it is a fairly simple achievement. If you do die I would recommend restarting the mission though and trying again which I know is a pain.

Also do it on Easy.

SOTG Ace
10-18-2010, 03:36 AM

The inside xbox guys put up a video on how to get this achievement pretty easy. Basically you have to move up in order for your guys to move up. All while surpressing the dshk and killing the guys shooting at you. Then once the smoke is popped, run back and surpress the gun so your crew can make it back to the regroup area. I used my iPhone to time myself, I made it in just over a minute (1:09).

x BIG DOM x
10-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Just keep supressing the gunner and then take out other enemies when the icon starts flashing supress the gunner again and move up when you can.

Halme
10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I've completed the game twice already and don't have this stupid achievement :/ Can anyone confirm if you can stiil get the achievement if you die and have to start from the last checkpoint?

Yeah, I died twice and still got it.

FoxA83
10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Yep I can confirm that. I died at the first try... just because I didn't know what happende... lol. After the game restartet from the last checkpoint i just shot an d moved forward to next wall my team moved and I got the achievement. I actually had the feeling that it lasted more than 2 minutes... but hey... the hours run in war a little different i guess...:uzi:

ConfusedGeek
10-18-2010, 01:41 PM
hmm, it took 3 tries but i got it once i figure out who killed me the first two times.

i used the rooster teeth method. stood behind cover behind a wall shooting at the gun, only once in a while checking the right at the rooftops. they got me the first 2 times but the third i got them.

SneakyofSneaks
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I didn't have an issue with it, just hid right by the start and popped the guys on machine when they spawned.

isw42
10-19-2010, 05:38 AM
I had the glitch happen to me. The first attempt I was able to get the suppression icon to appear, but I got killed by the dudes on the roof. Every attempt after that, the gunner was invincible. I shot over 1000 rounds at him and he was not going anywhere. The whole time my team is shouting at me to suppress the gunner, which I am clearly doing but the glitch is preventing any progress. To all the people who are like, "Just keep shooting the gunner..." - fuck you.

Regardless of whether or not you are going for the achievement (i.e. if you are just trying to beat the level), this glitch is stupid and makes playing completely pointless.

DENAz666
10-19-2010, 06:23 AM
No probs for me, but i guess i just got lucky:) the AI in this game is appalling at the best of times

Deathrow THUGS
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanx a lot very useful.

Dowgle
10-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I got this the first time i played through on hard difficulty without even realising, so easy.

TrueKilla360
10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Ya mine glitched to first time.. the gun wouldnt surpress no matter How much ammo I put on it.. restarted mission and lookylooky.. no problems and achievement

bwfcskillsinhd
10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
even playing on easy this is tricky.when ever some one is on the mg gun take him out.i noticed doing this made my guys push up faster.also uve got to be damn quick on the trigger.3/4 guys on the left 2/3 guys on the roof to the right 4 in the middle and at least another two high right and at all times move up with your team.frustrating also coz youll not know if its popped till after the checkpoint meaning if you miss it level needs starting again

dfeeney13
10-19-2010, 11:05 PM
i have tried this several times even on easy and I timed it under 2 mins and still no pop!!!

Tom Pladgett
10-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Got past this point twice on medium difficulty, and on second time in under 2 minutes... now I'm playing it on hard, and the Dshk could not care less if I'm shooting 500+ rounds at it. Definitely has a glitch of some sort. Can not suppress the guy at all.

DeafSunchaser
10-20-2010, 04:22 AM
fucking hell! this and the 30 buildings is fucked for me! wank of a game tho, dunno why i still play it!

Big Killa C
10-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Glad I'm not the only having an issue with this. I beat the game on normal without really trying for 2 minutes. Now going through on hard and cannot even beat it at all. I CANNOT supress the gunner. He WILL NOT DIE. I am standing right below him on the left side unloading and nothing is happening. Forget the 2 minute achievement I just want to beat the damn level. It looks like the gunner is standing about 6 inches away from the gun itself but still shooting it. GLITCH. I guess I will have to restart the level completely. Not hard, just annoying.... :mad:

Reqqu
10-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Got it in first try, just keep on shooting DShK and if your team is not moving, there is enemy guy firing at them, just pop that guy with your SAW and continue to shoot DShK. Put difficult to easy, naturally.

Tom Pladgett
10-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Okay, tried it about a dozen times from that same silly checkpoint and the bloody DShk was totally immune. Then, restarted the whole level, played to the same part without dying once, and suppressed the gun easily.

So, it has to be some sort of bug.