PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live prices?

subpwn
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure all of you have heard about this, no doubt. But i'm really pissed off by it. I don't use any of these extra features yet i'm being charged extra?
I will be getting a PS3 soon, because all i do is play CoD anyway. (bit of halo and gears every now and then.)

Who else will be changing consoles? Or coping with the new prices? (Even if it is so small)

Also i'm still keeping my xbox

iJon72
10-07-2010, 07:19 PM
correct me if im wrong but are you saying you are buying a ps3 because you dont want to pay a little bit extra for live?

i got squeezed
10-07-2010, 07:22 PM
You don't use any of 'these extras'. Stop playing xbox if you don't like what there doing, the price change is not going to kill anybody just couple bucks., Xbox has many other gamers who pay and they don't care if you go buy a PS3, and they already have billions of money, and you are not going to make them lose much.

subpwn
10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
correct me if im wrong but are you saying you are buying a ps3 because you dont want to pay a little bit extra for live?

Yes, my income isn't amazing at my age, barely anything, so i don't want to cash out so much money every year.

Besides think about the long run, microsoft is going to use this as motived to raise prices on other things.

You don't use any of 'these extras'. Stop playing xbox if you don't like what there doing, the price change is not going to kill anybody just couple bucks., Xbox has many other gamers who pay and they don't care if you go buy a PS3, and they already have billions of money, and you are not going to make them lose much.

I don't like what they are doing and i AM leaving, and who is talking about other gamers?

The Ultrafiend
10-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure all of you have heard about this, no doubt. But i'm really pissed off by it. I don't use any of these extra features yet i'm being charged extra?
I will be getting a PS3 soon, because all i do is play CoD anyway. (bit of halo and gears every now and then.)

Who else will be changing consoles? Or coping with the new prices? (Even if it is so small)

I don't watch the BBC but I still have to pay for a TV license. I don't watch UK Food but I don't get any money off my Sky package for it.

By your own admission, the extra charge is very small. So small that you'd probably have to be paying it for half a decade before you've matched the cost of this PS3 you're rushing out to buy. You're pissing on your shoes to spite the toilet here buddy.

iJon72
10-07-2010, 08:12 PM
You're pissing on your shoes to spite the toilet here buddy.

lol but seriously is this just a thread saying that you are leaving? are we supposed to persuade you to stay. its up to you what you do and up to you what you think

KAG1092
10-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Your income is very low, so you'd rather pay for a PS3 than for two years worth of Live Gold?

Huh.

kyboy
10-07-2010, 08:32 PM
the new prices arent that bad, think about it.. instead of 50 bucks a years for live, its 60.. which equals to about like .83 cents more a month.. an the espn thing.. you dont have to use it if you dont want to, jus like netflix.. an for you to be able to use espn3 on your xbox, your isp has to have espn3.. its not a big deal.. an how much longer do you think ps3 is gona be free for? not much longer, after seeing how much microsoft makes jus on the gold packages.. an live is the best online gaming console there is.. i love my xbox, an im not goin any where lol :woop:

SSJ3
10-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Why not use the 200 it will cost you for a PS3 and get 2 years of gold?

MeowZaK
10-07-2010, 09:26 PM
The prices are not even that much. Fair enough I don't use Facebook or Twitter on the Xbox but the price we pay is still worth it!

Starstrukk X360A
10-07-2010, 11:02 PM
It amuses me when people say they're gonna buy a PS3 because of the price increase.
It'll take a long time before you end up saving money from that big purchase.

TacticalTodger
10-08-2010, 12:03 AM
The yearly fee isn't even going up that much and in the UK it's not even being rose plus you can normally buy some cheap copies from ebay like 10 cheaper than retail

DOOKH8R
10-08-2010, 12:06 AM
You know why is cost so much-because its worth it.

BigMo763
10-08-2010, 01:22 AM
So, to avoid paying an extra $10 for Xbox Live you are going to spend $200 on a PS3? Wow... You would need to pay the extra $10 for 20 years to match the $200 extra you will spend on the PS3.

But hey, its your call...

Burning Karma
10-08-2010, 02:57 AM
I can't afford $10 more a year so I'mma go buy a PS3 herp derp.

Yeah, I was a little ticked when it was first announced. Still am a little peeved. Am I going to switch to exclusively playing a PS3? No way. Live is the premier online service for consoles.

gamerguy69
10-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Yes the prices are going up by $10 although, myself, I have never paid full price EVER for a Gold Membership. Who exactly does that? :p