PDA

View Full Version : This game is a masterpiece

HeatGuyStu
10-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Such a shame this will never get the sales or praise it deserves. A truly brilliantly crafted game. That is all.

Jediboy
10-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece, but it's way better then the first Space Invader game that came out a few years ago...

I played it for about a week straight, I need to go back and work on the challenges, think I stopped somewhere around the mid 30's. Also need to do the music thingy for that chievo...

GordoJones88
10-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Space Invaders Infinity Gene is indeed a very good game.
Space Invaders Extreme is also a very good game.

However, so far Infinity Gene has 1500 people on the leaderboard after a few weeks of sales.
This is very very very low sales that you rarely ever see in any arcade game.
I believe an arcade game needs more than 10,000 sales the first week
if it's ever going to break even for the developer in the long run.
It is a total failure and big disaster in terms of sales.
The sales are so low, you probably won't see another Space Invaders game on XBLA/PSN ever again.

Did you know this was a successful iPhone game from last year?

sepulturas666
10-12-2010, 03:45 PM
The sales are so low, you probably won't see another Space Invaders game on XBLA/PSN ever again.

:(

Just as expected before the game was released on XBLA/PSN. Yeah man, it's a shame, cos the game is pretty damn good.

BigApple3AM
10-25-2010, 07:16 PM
They picked a really crappy release date. It came out the day after Halo Reach, and I imagine a lot of gamers were only playing that game that week.

It also came out on the same day as 2 other xbla games, one of which was a shooter! The other was a from a very popular franchise, Sonic.

Releasing a game the same week as a MAJOR release is a bad idea and releasing an xbla game the same day as other xbla games is a bad idea and they did both!

I am loving the game so far though. I bought it and all of the above games. That was a good week for me.

WilRonward
11-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow... I only just found out that the game was already released!

I was pretty excited when I saw the trailers at the time of E3.
But I didn't see any advertisement for the game, online or on the XBOX dashboard... :confused:

No wonder it doesn't sale...! I'm off to try the demo!

Bones007
03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
I agree. Killer game.