PDA

View Full Version : Great Game, Barely Any Replay Value.. Not going for 1k

spikedzombies
10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
soooo its an awesome game. One of the best single player games ive played in a very long time that wasnt an RPG..

Only problem is there is no replay value other than getting some of the achievements you missed the first play.

So with that being said.. Ill be finishing up this last play on easy to get all the ones except the Mask Collector and Tech Collector.. I still believe that 46/48 for 900 is a great score.

I just cant see myself go through the game a 3rd time to find the rest of the masks and orbs.

I will admit I wish they would have left the door open for a sequel.. but since its based on Journey To The West I doubt there ever will be.

Does anyone else think they copied the DOG robot from Half Life 2?

Ligerblaze
10-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Ive been interested in this game but was worried about the replay value like you said. Do you think the price will be dropping pretty quickly because of that? Im still looking to get it, but i dont want to drop a lot down on it if it'll be down to 30 bucks by christmas!

spikedzombies
10-08-2010, 02:59 AM
IMHO there's no replay value past the achievements..

so its more of a rental or bargain bin holiday special.

ViVaGordito4evr
10-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah, the camera is really annoying at first, but I got used to it after a while. Otherwise a nice game, but agree that replay value is low unless you're trying to 1K it.

Cheers,

:drunk

Quickdraw
10-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Yeah I agree, I made the mistake of buying this on a whim. It's decent I guess, the camera complaints are very justified which makes the combat too clunky for me, the game looks and sounds really good, but I would not call it a great single player game.

Barely a bargain bin buy for me. I thought Tomb Raider: Legend had the worst camera of all time until I played this.

this will go down quickly i think but i don't regret buying it, its a very good experience, camera angle on the first boss was just poor i could barely see what i was doing at some points.

TylosaurusRex
10-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Whatever happened to replaying games because they were fun?

Zaku77
10-10-2010, 01:35 AM
I just beat it and I can't wait to go back and get the random achievements I missed, upgrade everything, and find all the orbs. I guess it depends on the person. Replaying it specifically for hunting orbs and being a god on easy is a different experience than the initial play to enjoy the story on hard. I'd say it has plenty of replayability.

MastrMeatWad
10-10-2010, 02:24 PM
exactly, why not replay games cuz they are fun, a ton of old games, 8 bit nintendo for example had no replay other than just playing to play. kmart has a 25 dollar gift card with purchase of this game for the next 2 weeks, great deal-and you get to support a new IP, which is important in todays age. i like to support games, new Ip's that are good to send the message that the risk involved was a good one. Support this game and get the gift card from the big K. just saying. I have over 50 dollars in gift cards from kmart kind of like buy two get one free.

M4EOzzy
10-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Whatever happened to replaying games because they were fun?

This. The game is great, sure it has it's issues, but none outweigh it's story and cinematic style and pacing. You replay this game not because you necessarily want to discover something new you didn't see before, but because it's a great story well told. Just like you'd rewatch your favorite movie.

I had been iffy on the game, but based on reviews, and the talent involved in the making, I definitely made the purchase (if for no other reason than to support the developers and hopefully make the game do well enough to garner a sequel), fortunately, it's a great ride.

I'd actually say, because the story and characters are so compelling, that it does have good replay value.

Oh...and I want a Cloud! Those sequences are pretty awesome.

SallyNasty
10-10-2010, 11:43 PM
soooo its an awesome game. One of the best single player games ive played in a very long time that wasnt an RPG..

Only problem is there is no replay value other than getting some of the achievements you missed the first play.

So with that being said.. Ill be finishing up this last play on easy to get all the ones except the Mask Collector and Tech Collector.. I still believe that 46/48 for 900 is a great score.

I just cant see myself go through the game a 3rd time to find the rest of the masks and orbs.

I will admit I wish they would have left the door open for a sequel.. but since its based on Journey To The West I doubt there ever will be.

Does anyone else think they copied the DOG robot from Half Life 2?

How wonderful for you - i am going for 1k because i think it is a ton of fun.

Bajan Elite
10-11-2010, 02:57 AM
I probably won't replay it a third time after I've beaten it on Hard but there are a lot of other game that i want to play and are still playing like Super Street Fighter 4, FF 13, Naruto, Star Wars: FU2, CoD black Ops, Vanquish, Mod Nation Racers, AC:Brotherhood...you get the idea. Its a pretty good game and while the ending gives no indication for a sequel Ninja Theory has already stated that just because they are doing DMC doesn't mean they might not do a part 2 to Enslaved.