PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? [Spoilers]

silencedlight
10-08-2010, 03:07 AM
http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/RolePlaying/~r343394/Fable-III-with-Preorder-Bonus-Content/ (http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/RolePlaying/%7Er343394/Fable-III-with-Preorder-Bonus-Content/)If you read the GAME preview, it states you have to choose between killing a rowdy bunch of people and your childhood sweetheart and that this would effect the game throughout.

Both acts of evil but one must be commited. Do you save your followers or your love.

Basically, do you gain the trust of the people but lose the love of your life. Or kill many innocents to save just one?

It doesn't mean that you'll turn out evil or good either way, but it will likely favor certain areas of interest.
I'll way up the 'likely' benefits and negatives.
Save the people:
Easier to make the people loyal and friendly
Easier to make the people understand you
Easier to get money/taxes from them (MORE MONEY)
Opens up more opportunities in the city
Won't get pelted by rotten fruit while wandering through the city
Harder to get a decent wife
Harder to have a happy family
Harder to create a family
Family will be greedy and have many wants

Save the sweetheart:
Family will be loyal
Family will not have many obnoxious qualities
Wife might be hot and not ugly and obnoxious
Children will be amazing
Family won't want many frivoulous items
Family will help in the City
People will not trust you
Harder to get know the people
People will betray you
People will pelt you with manure covered rotten fruit
People will set dogs on you in the street
Little kids will be instructed to set your man parts on fire

What would you do?

Also note that if you try to become good or evil, who would be best for you?

Also, please reply on what you think will happen depending upon yur choices.

Captain Urahara
10-08-2010, 04:40 AM
I know I answered this before. Might have been here, may have been another forum . . .

Anyway, I'd save the people. I'm virtuous, and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

PyreBall
10-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Save the people on the first playthrough. I always pick the good ending on the first run.

H2O
10-08-2010, 09:03 AM
can't answer. It completely depends on the circumstances and why i'm being forced to make such a choice.

It actually says," killing the rowdy rabble's ringleaders" or "letting Elise die" so to make the choice i need to know what the threat to Elise is.

If it's the king saying kill them or i'll kill her i'd want to try to save them all by taking the king out right from the start, even if it meant me getting killed as well. I'm not likely to be given that choice though as it'd make for a very short game. :p

Toams07
10-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I dont really know yet
Depends on how good-looking the sweetheart is...

GOVERNATOR T101
10-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I dont really know yet

I agree!!! lol

R e A L ii T y
10-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I dont really know yet

Haha... So very true my friend! We'll just have to wait and see! :)

ToTaL EclipsEz
10-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Tricky one tbh, depends how much of a connection the game builds between me and my childhood sweetheart :P

Toams07
10-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Tricky one tbh, depends how much of a connection the game builds between me and my childhood sweetheart :P

I dont care about the connection between me and him/her, I just wanna know if he/she looks great.

iJon72
10-08-2010, 08:42 PM
well before i saved my family and dog, 1 because i still needed some achievements and 2 it would be weird without it =/. so i dont know yet will decide when i get there but prob save my childhood sweetheart ;)

Lord Montymort
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Well, seeing as how I, in real life, just got engaged to the Girl who has been my Girlfriend, Best Friend, and my whole world, since I was just 13 (I'm 21 now), I would have to pick "Save the Sweetheart", because I would do that in real life, no one is as important as her to me, I couldn't even imagine choosing other people over her, and don't feel I could do it in a game either.

Toams07
10-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, seeing as how I, in real life, just got engaged to the Girl who has been my Girlfriend, Best Friend, and my whole world, since I was just 13 (I'm 21 now), I would have to pick "Save the Sweetheart", because I would do that in real life, no one is as important as her to me, I couldn't even imagine choosing other people over her, and don't feel I could do it in a game either.

Gratz man.
But I myself wouldn't make a connection between real life and my Xbox-life ..

ToTaL EclipsEz
10-09-2010, 05:38 PM
I dont care about the connection between me and him/her, I just wanna know if he/she looks great.

Lmao fair enough :L :L

KeepEmRolling
10-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I would choose love, with no regrets.

Grado
10-10-2010, 03:22 AM
its all your persective....saving her and killing them might be a good choice to some people / killing her and sparring them might be a good choice to some as well

Chargrin
10-12-2010, 02:50 AM
DEATH TO THE GIRL! I knew all along she was cheating on me.... :mad:

Stormcougar
10-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Save the sweetheart...revert a save and save the people. Who says you can't eat the pie and ....hmmmm however that saying goes.

Toams07
10-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Save the sweetheart...revert a save and save the people. Who says you can't eat the pie and ....hmmmm however that saying goes.

lol great idea:p

amagama14
10-15-2010, 12:43 AM

To me she is actually not too bad for a fable NPC...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100817231308/fable/images/a/ab/Elise.png

:AR15

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/AMAGAMA14.png

GamerForLife86
10-15-2010, 02:31 AM
I would save the people, who really cares about family in this game!!

EMP
10-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Save the people and on the side get some STD's from some prostitutes FTW!!! lol :woop:

Toams07
10-16-2010, 05:30 PM

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100817231308/fable/images/a/ab/Elise.png

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/AMAGAMA14.png

Indeed, but if we're fighting all the time its useless to keep her alive;)

Vigor
10-16-2010, 07:05 PM

Very nice looking

Wee Kez
10-17-2010, 11:48 PM

^thats what is was thinking while reading the replies. thats how i completed fable 2 without 3 play throughs :)

Toams07
10-18-2010, 08:33 AM
thats how i completed fable 2 without 3 play throughs :)

Like many did;)

giantsfan940
10-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Defying all logic, I would probably save the girl. Again, it stems back to real life: watch your girlfriend die or watch a couple strangers die? Logically, one would think that helping the protest leaders would make the game much easier in the long run, and therefore make the one girl insignificant, but I guess Molyneux's doing his job because it's really a tough call. In conclusion though, I'd go with the girl. It'd be nice to have an attractive wife in fable for once, plus I was such a martyr in Fables 1+2, I wanna be a little selfish for once :)

Toams07
10-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Defying all logic, I would probably save the girl. Again, it stems back to real life: watch your girlfriend die or watch a couple strangers die? Logically, one would think that helping the protest leaders would make the game much easier in the long run, and therefore make the one girl insignificant, but I guess Molyneux's doing his job because it's really a tough call. In conclusion though, I'd go with the girl. It'd be nice to have an attractive wife in fable for once, plus I was such a martyr in Fables 1+2, I wanna be a little selfish for once :)

:whs
sounds most logical

Trikke
11-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I believe there's an achievement for getting married 6 times and kill 2 wifes?

I think the question's answered: there are plenty of chicks out there, so why would I care about Elise?