PDA

View Full Version : Past DLC may possibly get harmonies and keys updated

RealistIdealist
10-08-2010, 07:36 AM
A picture in RockBandAide shows that DLC by Pearl Jam now has harmonies, with this it may be possible that other songs will be updated or that they may get keys added:

http://rockbandaide.com/8762/pearl-jam-dlc-has-harmonies-in-rock-band-3/

Personally I'm hoping to be able to sing background on Boston and The Who songs while also playing keyboards in those older ones too. This may just be for Pearl Jam so that's why I said "possible" and not "will".

SebastianSB
10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
This news does NOT reveal any chance of having keys added. If keys are on a song then it will not work in Rock Band or Rock Band 2, so none of the current songs have keys. If the Pearl Jam songs have harmonies then that means the songs have always had harmonies and HMX just never said anything about it. Songs with harmonies but no keys or pro guitar do work with Rock Band and Rock Band 2 (Green Day).

RealistIdealist
10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
That's why I said possibly, if the harmonies can be added then the keyboard may be added, that's all.

TwistedFate
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
That's why I said possibly, if the harmonies can be added then the keyboard may be added, that's all.

They have already said that SOME older DLC will be updated to the new format with Pro/Keys/Harmonies. They have not said when or which songs they will be.

Harmonies were not added to Pearl Jam, they were always there. RB3 just allows you to use them. This is not an update to the DLC, but an update to the system that uses the DLC.

mikachu93
10-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Harmonies were not added to Pearl Jam, they were always there.
This is what confuses me. I've been saying "no harmonies on any tracks except for the Green Day tracks" because I could have sworn on my life that Harmonix said so. Maybe I misunderstood something a dev said, or simply came to my own conclusions without even realizing it, but I was so convinced that Green Day was the only band. After seeing this, I have to wonder:

1. Why hide it? They were willing to tell us so many other things.
2. Why Pearl Jam? Is this because of the rumoured game?
3. Are there any other bands with harmonies? You'd think someone would've found them in the files, though.

I hate fueling the Forum Hype Machine, but some questions just need to be answered.

TwistedFate
10-08-2010, 09:22 PM
This is what confuses me. I've been saying "no harmonies on any tracks except for the Green Day tracks" because I could have sworn on my life that Harmonix said so. Maybe I misunderstood something a dev said, or simply came to my own conclusions without even realizing it, but I was so convinced that Green Day was the only band. After seeing this, I have to wonder:

1. Why hide it? They were willing to tell us so many other things.
2. Why Pearl Jam? Is this because of the rumoured game?
3. Are there any other bands with harmonies? You'd think someone would've found them in the files, though.

I hate fueling the Forum Hype Machine, but some questions just need to be answered.

I have never seen where HMX said that only GD songs had harmonies.

1. To hide details of upcoming releases. To stem the tide of "Patch RB2 for harmonies!" demands they would inevitably get. Maybe a project fell through. Some companies keep things hidden to be discovered/released closer to release date to keep the interest high. Many a reason comes to mind why they would keep that to themselves.
2. Maybe they were test songs. Maybe a PJ project fell through after tracks were created. Maybe knowing PJ has a strong following, HMX made this is a surprise bonus. Again many potential reasons come to mind, the truth of which will probably never be known.
3. Queen, Boston, B-52's, REM, Styx....

RealistIdealist
10-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I could've sworn that I heard that only Pro Drums was being added into DLC songs and only GD vocals were getting harmonies.

mikachu93
10-09-2010, 01:00 AM
3. Queen, Boston, B-52's, REM, Styx....
To rephrase that last question, are there any other bands with harmonies charted in the files? Obviously a rhetorical question either way. I'm surprised no one found these sooner, since people have been dissecting these music files for months now.

TwistedFate
10-09-2010, 03:11 AM
To rephrase that last question, are there any other bands with harmonies charted in the files?

Yeah, I was already on my way to darts when it hit me what you probably meant.

MattyG1983
10-09-2010, 05:49 AM
I think that would be great if they went back and added-on to old DLC. More bang for our buck :)

TwistedFate
10-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I think that would be great if they went back and added-on to old DLC. More bang for our buck :)

You do realize you will have to pay to get the improved DLC, right?

RealistIdealist
10-09-2010, 03:37 PM

Do we have to pay for the updated Pro Drums?

TwistedFate
10-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Do we have to pay for the updated Pro Drums?

Pro drums have been charted in since very early on. They are a part of all but the earliest songs. We didn't have access to them because RB1 and 2 didn't allow you to. Now that we have Pro mode, the cymbal icons will automagically appear on your lanes in RB3 for most DLC.

mikachu93
10-09-2010, 04:45 PM
iTunes charges $1 to $1.29 simply to listen to a song.
Harmonix charges $1 to $2 (very rarely $3, on the Network) to listen to the song and play along on vocals, guitar, bass, and drums.

I'd say that's some bang for your buck right there. ;)

To add to that, only Pro guitar and Pro bass will cost extra. They've said that keys, Pro keys, Pro drums, and harmonies will be included in all post-RB3 tracks (when applicable) for no extra charge.

SebastianSB
10-09-2010, 07:18 PM
To add to that, only Pro guitar and Pro bass will cost extra. They've said that keys, Pro keys, Pro drums, and harmonies will be included in all post-RB3 tracks (when applicable) for no extra charge.

The topic is updated DLC, not future DLC.