PDA

View Full Version : Why I dont play Golf

BloodyBunnies
03-22-2006, 05:00 AM
Just got it from gamefly went online made my Golfer and played in a tournament...and well 1 round i managed 101, i cant put in this game and the power levels are stupid I move the marker it says 64% so i take the club back a couple times to where 64% would be(theres no wind or a slight breeze across) and where does the ball go? 20yds pasted the friggin cup, WTH :mad: Oh I'll keep playing though just to see my guy break some friggin clubs in half :rant:

Minty
03-22-2006, 08:31 AM
why did you rent this game then?? seem spointless if you dont like golf games- and youll only get a few hundred points from it without being good

and 101 is terrible :eek:

3 putting every hole and you shouldnt go above 90....

the main part of the putting is the slope of the green- go back and do the putting challenges and pay attention this time ;)

DaveWilma07
03-22-2006, 08:55 AM
It must be said, the game takes a little getting used to when playing for the first time. I remember I found it difficult to hit the ball straight and accurately. Once you spend a little time on it and understand the game mechanics, it shouldnt be so difficult.

Minty
03-22-2006, 10:34 AM
and another point- dont play online against people till your average is sub 65 and you heva full power stats, cos you wont have a cat in hells chance lol

Waaaaaaaak
03-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Minty's right. You need to have a little patience before you go online, spending time maxing you're stats. Otherwise you'll be annihilated and probably never play the game again.

Not an ideal game for renting I'm afraid.

BloodyBunnies
03-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I needed to rant, I do like golf, but im used to the links golf where theres a path drawn for when you putt. I do plan on buying this, rent to own through GameFly. I'm sure with time I'll get better doubt i'll ever see a sub 60 round in with this one unless i get very good a putting and landing my approach shots better.

Minty
03-22-2006, 05:10 PM
play the putting levels and it will show you that there is still a line on tiger woods....

BloodyBunnies
03-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I know there is one when you Press A but this its not there when you aim until you press A again

Minty
03-22-2006, 05:34 PM
yeah, you actually have to learn to putt on this game. the one thing thats an improvement over links

DaveWilma07
03-23-2006, 07:48 AM
You may have to learn how to putt, but hole in 1 is a walk in the park lol. All mine have come from gamebreakers! ;)

Minty
03-23-2006, 10:07 AM
yeah i used them for the holes in one. have got 3 without since tho lol

CrazyCougar
03-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Eh I think saying learning to putt is a huge overstatement. Once you get fairly good at the game overall, not saying you need to shoot 50's, but an average of 60, you'll be sinking putts from 80 feet with ease. Tiger Woods putting isnt much in the way of difficult in my opinion.

Now Links 2001 for the PC, that is learning how to putt!!! LOL!