PDA

View Full Version : This game is driving me nuts

Paul Canniff
03-22-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm in Santa Monica, and all the missions are extremely annoying.
I'm on the one where you have the grind around the pier and jump back onto the dock. Problem is whenever I try to jump off the rope I ALWAYS fall into the water, there doesn't seem to be any solution. I tried doing it in reverse, starting on the right side instead of the left, but it doesn't count apparently.
How am I supposed to make that stupid jump?
And the walkthrough for this game SUCKS, it is too vague.

Winwood
03-22-2006, 09:10 AM
I had the same problem. I did a few more sponsor challenges and jumped later on - go round once and just grind off te edge to see exactly where the rope ends and time your jump for here :D

Good luck

G4M3RC0P
08-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Or you could use the "perfect grind" cheat if you're in to that sort of stuff

Anubis
10-04-2006, 08:50 AM
For most of these its worth doing sponsor challenges a the shops to improve your stats, it makes a huge difference.

KindCandy
02-19-2007, 02:26 PM
i am not gona even rent it or borrow from a friend or any Girl friend lol

Zef
02-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Please don't bump old threads, especially when you don't add anything to it.

If you can't make the final jump then wait on the rail for longer. Sometimes you won't get as much distance if you jump too early, so wait a little longer and you may get the distance you need.

I think for this challenge I got as much speed as possible so that I could get further before needing to use focus. If you can keep it going as long as possible you should easily be able to get all of the way around, then nail the last jump.

Do you even need to get onto the pier again? I remember landing below it and it still counted.