PDA

View Full Version : Mic Issues With Account

ARZ
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
My wife has her Live account and 50% of the time she uses it with a microphone, it won't work.

She will plug in and it'll work for about 2 seconds then stop. We can trade headsets, change controllers, etc. and it doesn't matter - the thing won't work with her account, but will be fine with any other account.

She has a valid gold account and all her settings seem normal, but I'm at a loss. Just checking to see if anyone on here has had the same issue or any ideas before I spend half a day talking to MS support.

Thanks!

SSJ3
10-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Does the headset work for you?

iBlessing 09
10-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Try recovering the account.

Majica8
10-09-2010, 11:16 AM
I get this sometimes when playing games. Usually it happens when I've let the controller turn itself off, then turned it back on while still playing the same game. I have to unplug the headset, quit the game, turn the controller off then back on and restart the game. Solves the problem for me. Probably not related to your issue at all but could be worth a try anyway.

ARZ
10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Yes - the headset works with me, and it does the same thing with 4 different headsets I have. Doesn't work with her account, but works fine with any others.

Yes, I've tried the exit game, reconnect headset, etc as well...and, as you suspected, it doesn't seem to work either.

I haven't attempted the account recovery yet - which was my next step. But she's freaking out when I try it...afraid it will screw up her saved games and account information. It will not mess up any of her saves, correct?

Again - thank you all for your replies. It's much appreciated.

CONKER1182
10-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Yes - the headset works with me, and it does the same thing with 4 different headsets I have. Doesn't work with her account, but works fine with any others.

Yes, I've tried the exit game, reconnect headset, etc as well...and, as you suspected, it doesn't seem to work either.

I haven't attempted the account recovery yet - which was my next step. But she's freaking out when I try it...afraid it will screw up her saved games and account information. It will not mess up any of her saves, correct?

Again - thank you all for your replies. It's much appreciated.

Before you recoving your wifes account if shes gotten any achievements offline sign in to Xbox Live so she doesn`t lose her most recent achievements.