PDA

View Full Version : review/first play through stats and cheeves.

bryandhargrave
10-08-2010, 11:47 PM
to those who have finished, no need to read.

for those of you thinking of buying...

6 hours got me 170 gamer points (i missed one, but its glitched anyway). 69000 shots fired. if you play the game right and buy all the upgrades first, there is only one grinding achievement and that one is a walk-away-and-come-back-to-it-done achievement.

its really fun. and funny. i laughed throughout the entire game. it changes up enough that it is never boring. for 15 bucks, i feel like i got my moneys worth. by beating the game not only did i get 6 hours of enjoyment, i got a premium theme, 2 avatar awards, and extra levels of splosion man.... not to mention a couple of funny interviews with the voice over cast.

buy it.

crazy W01f 816
10-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I played the demo and I wasn't too enthusiastic about the gameplay. It basically consisted of just holding the trigger to shoot constantly with poorly done platforming IMO. Glad you enjoyed it though. :)

bryandhargrave
10-09-2010, 01:17 AM
yeah, thats a lot of it. it changes views a lot and next thing you know its playing like aegis wing and then duck hunt on crack and a few others. i think sometimes it just feels good to play a game thats fun, basic and light hearted instead of more halo, cod, gears and left 4 dead.

soooooo, edit.... if you need a break from "hardcore" games, this is the perfect break.

nateeasy
10-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the input man. Im going to pick it up. Its so nice to see games that include themes, gamerpics and avatar awards. Much better than games charging 240 points for them. Just needed something to pass the time to Fable and Fallout come out.

guillermo316
10-09-2010, 02:11 AM
i really want to get it but i don't have any hard drive sapce, so sigh!

Annalie
10-09-2010, 04:24 AM
i really want to get it but i don't have any hard drive sapce, so sigh!

So then delete something... games your done playing etc....

XBL Unreal
10-12-2010, 12:24 AM
87210 Shots fired and I believe my time is 4 hours and 48 minutes.

Mad Serg
10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
70000 shots and 6 hours, 170 gamerscore and the game goes to trashbin. Good start, but medium miidle and shit end ( black-and-white manga, omg ). Gives some good emotions, but no point in making 200 in it - too boring. Buy, finish, delete - this is my advice.

MEMANIAsama
10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Good start, but medium miidle and shit end

I would flip this around, I think Nanoc's Comic was probably the weakest of all the comics because it just seemed bland.

Zappa Power
10-14-2010, 04:07 AM
I think the satisfaction level this game can give varies greatly depending on a few things. First off, if you have a decent sense of humor, you'll probably dig it. If you grew up playing games like this (Contra) and can pick up on the movie references (Total Recall and whatnot), you will get even a bigger kick out of it.
OR If you can appreciate how it really feels like a game made by gamers. Essentially, every indie game should feel like this. But this game breaks down the 4th wall every chance it gets.
At the same time though, I can't recommend this for someone who likes their games super easy. There are parts where you will die... A LOT. Unless you're a cat, I suppose. But if you're a cat... Get off the Xbox. It's for people.

jackofblades
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
how did you get the smily mask?

GR4V1G0R3
10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
can't remember if it's one of the bonus's you purchase from the upgrade shop, or for finishing the game (it's been over a week, i'm lucky if i remember yesterday to be honest)

buy all 6 items from the bottom section of bonus's (i know the most expensive is the splosion man levels) i think its one of the other 5, but as i say, i can't remember

MEMANIAsama
10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Beat the game.

Radical Dylan
10-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Get the Mask for beating the game.

And I think you meant "buy all the BONUSES first", Not upgrades. If you buy the upgrades first, you will be stuck with no money. The bonuses give the bonus multiplier after every level. But if you are going for all the achievements, you will have plenty of money by the time you shoot all the shots required. Unless of course you just tap down the trigger and don't play.

francisrossi
10-29-2010, 10:45 PM
The Manga levels are swines. I miss things and die because everything's black and white. Trying to jump the tyres and shoot all the enemies on what I think is the last level is pissing me off too. I have all the upgrades, but they don't seem to have done much other than give me an achievement.