PDA

View Full Version : Much respect EA

Xxtrue2dagamexX
10-09-2010, 03:51 PM
EA just gained so much respect from me, don't wanna spoil the game for anyone but thank you EA for the props.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-09-2010, 03:59 PM
By this do you mean the game is awesome?

Xxtrue2dagamexX
10-09-2010, 04:05 PM
It is, but no I mean what they say about soldiers at the end.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Oh. Well I hate you lol how'd you get it early?

Xxtrue2dagamexX
10-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I live in new York Chinatown is a beautiful thing

mosin360
10-09-2010, 06:36 PM
The game itself is not awesome but the service at the end is a nice salute from EA who is making money off them and their actions. Lets see EA give some of that back via charity.

EA: Thanks for doing the fighting and allowing us to use your experience to make a video game and get rich.

Vets: We have people who could use some help now.

EA: *whistles to the bank*.

Xxtrue2dagamexX
10-10-2010, 03:14 AM
The game itself is not awesome but the service at the end is a nice salute from EA who is making money off them and their actions. Lets see EA give some of that back via charity.

EA: Thanks for doing the fighting and allowing us to use your experience to make a video game and get rich.

Vets: We have people who could use some help now.

EA: *whistles to the bank*.

Let me ask you, did u serve? If u did then u will know that a thank you is always welcomed especially from all these companies that say they use soldiers xp for research on a game. I wasn't talking about the money aspect of it. Because the government owes soldiers more than what EA does.

NaK Quinn
10-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Soldiers arnt hero's, there are soldiers that do herioc things. However, just because you have a gun and wear a uniform doesnt make you a hero. I dont feel like the "war" in the middle east is about protecting my freedoms either, so noone of that "we are fighting for you" bullshit. Your building a foreign army and giving them supplies paid for by the US tax payers. Pushing back an invading army is one thing, protecting foreign interest is another. The real hero's are the people that go above and beyond to help someone in need, not because its thier job or because its what they were trained to do, but because they saved another human being. Killing another human isnt herioc, its barbaric.

Xxtrue2dagamexX
10-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Soldiers arnt hero's, there are soldiers that do herioc things. However, just because you have a gun and wear a uniform doesnt make you a hero. I dont feel like the "war" in the middle east is about protecting my freedoms either, so noone of that "we are fighting for you" bullshit. Your building a foreign army and giving them supplies paid for by the US tax payers. Pushing back an invading army is one thing, protecting foreign interest is another. The real hero's are the people that go above and beyond to help someone in need, not because its thier job or because its what they were trained to do, but because they saved another human being. Killing another human isnt herioc, its barbaric.

You live in the USA & you can honestly sit by your computer & write that! Did you have family aboard the planes or the towers? I did, where you afraid to go outside ur house and go to work, buy food, go to the movies. The USA was not the only country there great Britain, australia was also there. The fact that you can write this shows the freedom that soldiers give you freedom. We didn't go there to build a army, we went there just to say we're not afraid, you won't scare us, you won't fuck with the USA or it's ppl. Nobody signs up to kill we sign up to defend like when you get married have kids your job is to defend them from what may be harmful to them & if they do get hurt find the bastard that did it, well that's what we did. They should have been gone from there 4-5 years ago. But idiots like you vote for a retard as president and thats what happens. Lives lost, money lost, time that could be used to spend with family lost but that's just the price we pay for you the American citizen to live worry free & have the freedom that gives you the right to say what you just said. This would be another country you wouldve been hung by your tounge in public .

Suki
10-10-2010, 09:43 AM
ok i agree with the fact that just because u wear a soldiers or firemans uniform it doesnt make u a hero these ppl are being paid to do there job, the job they chose as a career to persue knowing full well what that job involved. For me the word hero gets thrown around way to much at the moment which imo belittles the real hero's that have actually gone above and beyond. If i am walking down the road as a soldier and i am shot or lose a limb that is very tragic and sad but to then say i was a hero seems odd to me becasue what herioc act have i done.

stuhp
10-10-2010, 10:48 AM
If i am walking down the road as a soldier and i am shot or lose a limb that is very tragic and sad but to then say i was a hero seems odd to me becasue what herioc act have i done.

Simple: you took one for the team. That's pretty heroic to me. :)

RYARNI
10-10-2010, 11:38 AM
How many times must I read about Soldiers blowing their own trumpets on forums, seriously.

Hey Im a Vet, a Vertinary surgeon and I saved a hamster today.. i just thought id share that, oh and well done EA.

MadDogChad
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Sorry...but I cry bulls**t on anyone who turns this conversation into some philosophical debate about vets & prior service members being "heroes" or not.

Anyone who swears their life to protect a nation's freedoms - if they go to combat or not - and for *whatever reason* we go to combat, is still a person who gives more to their country and its citizenry than any 'Average Joe' ever will; this is why vets are heroes, because vets are *willing* to do the things and sacrifice the creature comforts (like hot meals, beds, showers, their lives, on and on) that regular citizens aren't willing to give up to keep their countries free.

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines don't play politics, we don't get to choose where we go or who we fight...we just fight...and we should *always* go into a fight to WIN. Service members aren't politicians, we're instruments of war...that's it.

Not trying to lecture or be on some 'soapbox'...but this shouldn't become some moral conversation about those who serve (and yes, I am a vet). If EA wants to thank vets for our service...I'll take that. I have yet to see any kudos from IW on a CoD game...so right on to EA imo.

DeathDealer v3
10-11-2010, 06:10 AM
love this game