PDA

View Full Version : Self Gamesaving

Monkeyman 8322
10-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Now I know that gamesaving is frowned opon and worthy of a ban (FYI gamesaving is where you use someone elses gamesave to unlock achievements for you. In case you didn't know) but what about self gamesaves. Ages ago this arrised with me and i considered it but decided against it for personal reasons. But whats your oppinion on it? Is it ok or should it be treated in the same light as normal gamesaves.

What is Self gamesaving

Well I will use an example of my case to explain it, basically its where you had an old account completed some achievemnts on the game and then got a new account, this is all before the game update to stop gamesaves kicked in. Then on your new account you load up the game for the first time and you have your old game save, so you could load it up and get the old achievemnts and keep playing on your new account.

This appeared for me with Lego star was OT where I had done it on my White Wolf 2312 account then booted it up for the first time on this one and i could have used my old save. I didn't you can check my achievements but I could have.

So what do you think? I probobly could have explained it better but you should get the jist.

Brutalsleeper
10-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah I get the gist, I guess it's not as bad as proper gamesaving but it's still wrong for two reasons.

1) it's still gamesaving.

2) it's impossible to distinguish from actual gamesaving.

So if you wanna keep the cheevos, you've gotta keep the gamer tag.

Monkeyman 8322
10-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Now its to much effort for someone to do but its just the old saves. But now most people go delete there old save probs really rare to come by

Seany Show
10-09-2010, 11:21 PM
I think you'll find its called SPGing. Known as second profile glitching, which is also highly frowned upon. Can be a bannable offence if found to be doing this on purpose. This was mostly used to gain the Seriously achievement in Gears of War.

Monkeyman 8322
10-09-2010, 11:25 PM
nope just read up on it thats where you need two profiles and what not here its just an old save that you played on an old account thats still useable not meaning to glitch or needing the old profile.