PDA

View Full Version : Enslaved: Sleeper Hit Of The Year!!!

JohnnyBoosh
10-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Have to say this game was great. I loved everything about this game. The acting and story are immense, Serkis is a mo-cap genius and really suits this character.

The character journies throughout the story are brilliant, with the story of Trip the real gem in my opinion and really felt for the character throughout the game....and some really funny lines throughout the game too which had me laughing....

The art direction in this game is so swell and really reminds me of The Cauldron levels in the reboot of POP. The post apocalyptic earth scenery is so colourful.

Which leaves the gameplay, I thought the gameplay was really enjoyable, the camera can be a slight annoyance but nothing that had me going nuts. Controling and fighting with Monkey was a blast....anyone enjoy the cloud lol and boos fights were quite cool.....

Would recommend this game to anyone who likes platforming games with an excellent cast of voice actors, good gameplay, great art direction & very good story......

Enslaved has been my sleeper hit of the year......

Anybody else agree?

EvaSoQuik4eva
10-10-2010, 12:20 AM
I absolutely agree. The voice acting is great, good story line, pretty tight controls. The camera can get qwirky at times but not enough to take away from the experience. I have sent a msg to all friends to check out the demo. I am hoping the game gets enough attention to warrant DLC.

JohnnyBoosh
10-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I absolutely agree. The voice acting is great, good story line, pretty tight controls. The camera can get qwirky at times but not enough to take away from the experience. I have sent a msg to all friends to check out the demo. I am hoping the game gets enough attention to warrant DLC.

I am the same, the ending was a real trip (excuse the pun). I have been telling friends they should pick it up.....I would like to see what they could do with DLC.....Second playthrough me thinks....

Quickdraw
10-10-2010, 12:39 AM

back of the comic i got says check out the pigsy dlc, so i guess theres least 1.

its a good story and decent voice acting. camera is odd some points true controls don't seem so bad not play enough to get uset to them yet, i wouldn't call it a top notch sleeper hit, i would go with pretty awesome story driven adventure.

i read on another post it had a pretty closed ending, but if it does very well they will find a way to make a new game. just hope its not going to be like avatar 2/3 which i heard were coming out after the first one i didn't see a point in a 2nd or 3rd lol.

GamingEconomist
10-10-2010, 12:58 AM
On my scale this qould be an 8 out of 10 for

1) News dystopic setting
2) Believable characters and action
3) smooth gameplay
4) Length is totally ok

Hoborg
10-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Very memorable sci-fi saga. Reminds me sort of Fallout.

Shame no one bought it, buncha fps fags the lot of them

ansotica
10-10-2010, 07:33 AM
it seems that I have to give it a look then :)

Danteire
10-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I think it will be a sleeper hit, but not get much sales. A lot of people are going

"Oh it looks great....but Generic Game Sequel #7 is out too so gonna skip Enslaved"

And others are saying it looks nice but has bland gameplay, which I would argue a LOT of recent GOTY winners have suffered from but its been ignored due to shiny graphics and hype. Meh, their loss I suppose.

Daluca 47
10-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Yea i agree. i hope it gets some awards at the end of the year and abit of recognition so its sales will hopefully pick up.

ruslan74
10-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Enjoying it so far, my only niggles are the semi-fixed camera mode makes looking for tech orbs a bit of a chore in some locations and no lock on available for specific targets during fights. Otherwise its a pretty flawless game. :)

DENAz666
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I think it will be a sleeper hit, but not get much sales. A lot of people are going

"Oh it looks great....but Generic Game Sequel #7 is out too so gonna skip Enslaved"

And others are saying it looks nice but has bland gameplay, which I would argue a LOT of recent GOTY winners have suffered from but its been ignored due to shiny graphics and hype. Meh, their loss I suppose.

lol thats so true

I loved it personally, only halfway through, but its amazing so far. Love all the old school Monkey references! :D

marzipanninja
10-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Guys and gals the game is immense.

It is a shame that many wont buy it due to other titles coming out. But weve done our part by buying it and letting others know how bloody good it is.

Hope there is dlc, hopefully it does sell well enough to warrant a sequel.

nobodieshero
10-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Fantastic Game. I am definitely going to try and spread the word.

banej
10-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Didn't realised the game's that good. will definitely check it out.

LThompson6
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I loved it, amazing game.

Eliasmcfly
10-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I very much enjoyed the story and gameplay. Just like the review stated its a little slow on the gameplay at first but then soon picks up. Amazing story that makes you feel for the characters as you watch them both grow. Done really well.