PDA

View Full Version : First Time

FallThrone
10-10-2010, 02:13 AM
I have never played any medal of honor before, but this game looks sick so I want to get it. It looks like it has a lot of online achievements. Any input on how long or difficult these will be to obtain. I don't play games online unless I have to for achievements. But I always hear people complaining about cheaters and how annoying MW online is. Is it going to be something like that? Thanks for the input.

stuhp
10-10-2010, 02:33 AM
I have never played any medal of honor before, but this game looks sick so I want to get it. It looks like it has a lot of online achievements. Any input on how long or difficult these will be to obtain. I don't play games online unless I have to for achievements. But I always hear people complaining about cheaters and how annoying MW online is. Is it going to be something like that? Thanks for the input.

Modern Warfare was made by Infinity Ward. The multiplayer for Medal of Honor is being made by DICE. It's gone through its beta, so any sense of cheating might have already been caught for the consoles and PC (outside of modding, of course).

I played the beta on the PC - if the final product's ranking system will be anything similar to beta on the PC (and console), then ranking up would take no time at all. BUT, I will note that for some reason the jump from second highest rank to the highest is painstakingly high, though that might have been because the developers had plans on determining the time it took for some players to get to just below it (and then adjust the final rank from there) - and getting to that rank took no time at all. The PC beta went on for less than a week. Average players were hitting that rank for one class within that time.

I say this because chances are the most difficult online achievements would be the ones that ask you to rank up - in which case, those will only take time. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

EDIT: The only online achievement which you may need to worry about is High Achiever - place in the top 3 ten times. You'll have to be quite the (team)player for that.