PDA

View Full Version : For using one profile on two consoles would this work

Stewie1987
10-10-2010, 10:04 AM
If I copied it to my memory stick then made a copy on my laptop to put one copy on each xbox
Would that be all I would have to do or would I have to do anything else

I do know that I have phrased that like a retarded monkey but I'm in a rush so if no one understands I will rephrase when I get back

iBlessing 09
10-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Just copy it onto the memory stick so you have a copy on Xbox 1 and the memory card then move the second copy from the memory card onto Xbox 2. However, if you have to use the computer to do it for some strange unknown reason then yes it'd work aswell.

Agent Aero
10-10-2010, 10:07 AM
You can't use one profile on two consoles. You can move your profile to different consoles by recovering your gamertag or transferring them with memory stick but it's impossible to 'split' your profile.

iBlessing 09
10-10-2010, 10:25 AM
You can't use one profile on two consoles. You can move your profile to different consoles by recovering your gamertag or transferring them with memory stick but it's impossible to 'split' your profile. Does he mean his saves or his actual profile?

Stewie1987
10-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I meant my profile one console will only be really playing a few games

Tahae T
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
if you download you profile to the other console - you will have two copies in total, one on each console. But in order to play on xbox live the one you download your profile to will only be allowed. The other will say your gamertag has been recovered on another console.

If - you play offline tho ( do not try to connect to XBL) then you will be able to use both acc's.

I have a copy of my profile ofline at a freinds which i use for private matches on cod when i go over, as i cannot be arsed with downloading it every time i visit.

bigbear2face
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
A friend of mine doesn't even keep a profile on a harddrive/console he always has it on his memory card or a usb flash drive. That way no matter what console he is playing on and no matter whether he is offline or online he will always be playing with the same profile and not losing any achievements.

Now as far as keeping a copy of your profile on multiple consoles goes. All you have to do is copy your profile from one onto a memory card or USB flash drive then take that memory device to the other console and copy it to that. Or you can just play with one profile on XBL then go to the other console and "Recover Gamertag" (assuming the second console is online). The profile will now be saved to the second harddrive/console.

Lets say you want to play on XBL all the time with both consoles. After playing on one console the next time you use the profile on the other console you will have to "Recover Gamertag" if you want to play online. This will overwrite the profile on the second console with the achievement and online activity information from the profile on the 1st console. However, gamesaves of course will not be transferred.

Now lets say you are using one console on XBL and the other you never plan to connect to XBL and you operate under this arrangement for a few weeks/months. You then decide that you want to go online for some reason with the profile on the 2nd console. Again you will have to recover your gamertag AND YOU WILL LOSE ALL ACHIEVEMENTS YOU GAINED ON THAT PROFILE WHILE PLAYING OFFLINE.

Basically just remember that, if you play while connected to XBL, your profile will ALWAYS be automatically updated with Microsoft. And whichever profile is last updated with Microsoft (the last one used while on XBL) will be considered your official profile of record by Microsoft and XBL. Not only that but the last console/harddrive that that profile was associated with will be the console/harddrive of record.