PDA

View Full Version : online pass

dang racoons
10-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Im considering renting this game but i was just wondering if ill have to buy a code to play multiplayer?

SideDish120
10-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Im considering renting this game but i was just wondering if ill have to buy a code to play multiplayer?
I think I read somewhere that you get a 7 day trial.. Or something along those lines. Then you have to buy it if you wanna keep playing(unless you buy the game, then you get a code for it).

StUnT66
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
can you use points to get the online pass? or is it just cash?

MadDogChad
10-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Late to this party I know, but you need a code to access multiplayer in this game? Am I reading that correctly?

I preordered anyway, but that seems "new" :confused:

Burnout x360a
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Late to this party I know, but you need a code to access multiplayer in this game? Am I reading that correctly?

I preordered anyway, but that seems "new" :confused:

It's included in all brand new, retail copies of the games.

Basically a way to profit from used game sales as it's about 6/$10 for a pass if you buy a used title and want to play online.

MadDogChad
10-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Aah...good to know, thanks Burnout.

...smart idea too, imo.

Burnout x360a
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Aah...good to know, thanks Burnout.

...smart idea too, imo.

Yeah, very sneaky way of grabbing some 's out of the used market buyers.

I'm not too bothered because i'll probably just buy the game new anyway if it's a title i play very often.

FIFA is a good example.

MadDogChad
10-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah...for sure; it is a sneaky way around getting more $$ with services like GameFly, etc.. Oh well, I purchased it anyway.

With all the games releasing back to back to back like Reach, MoH, and Black Ops, I just buy em, play em, & trade em in for the next...saves me money and I get the perks of purchasing the games anyway.

lil d 916
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
are you sure you have to pay to play online or is it like how bbc2 was where you just dont get all the content unless you have the vip code ? cause im playing online and it said nothing about a fee

Lone Soldier x7
10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
You can still play without the code online. It's like BC2 VIP pass where you would need it to get crap DLC for free.

blee717
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
The Bad Company 2 and Mass Effect 2 VIP passes aren't part of their "Project Ten Dollar" idea. Project Ten Dollar is a way to promote buying new games as opposed to used. The idea is if you buy it used, you get a 7 day trial and after that, you have to pay $10 (800 Microsoft Points) to play any longer. It's in fine print on one of the developer's blog and the Medal of Honor website.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
10-10-2010, 11:07 PM
the pass does not give u access to online play. The pass only gives you extras and im guessing will work like vip on bfbc2 , you can still play online without having the pass.