PDA

View Full Version : I don't get why this game is being sold as stand alone software...

Grimcicle
10-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Every single retail configuration of the Kinect hardware includes this game.

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=295776
http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=305572
http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=306610

So what's the point of selling the game on its own? As far as I know, the game requires Kinect to play, and if someone has Kinect, they'll have already been given a free, bundled copy of this title anyway.

revenge7777
10-11-2010, 04:39 AM
My guess is because just incase people break their copies and need to buy new ones. Just like when the wii came out wii sports was going for 70-80bucks due to people breaking the game and could not replace it.

HatTrick190
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I got a reservation card at target. not even sure if it comes with it

nappster187
10-26-2010, 02:59 AM
none of those links show the game being sold on its own...

where is it sold stand alone?

NITRO 187
10-31-2010, 05:10 PM
I got a reservation card at target. not even sure if it comes with it If you reserved the camera,it comes with it,every Kinect camera comes with it.There are also demos of like 4 of the other games too.

Magespower
11-05-2010, 01:20 AM
It's sold as a stand alone because people in the kinect beta did not get it and I guess if you break your copy and want a new one.

upindat
11-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Yea pretty dumb is you ask me. I wonder how many of these are on the shelves?

Bubbi DK
11-05-2010, 08:13 PM
It's sold as a stand alone because people in the kinect beta did not get it and I guess if you break your copy and want a new one.

Not true..
The Kinect beta testers have gotten the game today as downloadable version..

But yea, it's prolly sold to those who break it, or those who buy Kinect used, and some how didn't get the game with it.

MangledRex
11-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Perhaps it just means they will have a diff bundle for xmas... sensor + kinect sports or something

mccloskey14
11-06-2010, 01:40 AM
I asked my friend who works in a game store and his reason was because its in case someone breaks their disk, or buy the kinect used and for the silly parents who have no idea that its in the bundle already :P

a hippyslayer
11-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Yeah I would just say in the cases where they could get some extra cash. If they didnt have it as stand alone then there only be as many copies as there were Kinects and at some point people would be missing out. On a note, I got a Kinect for the fun of it but my GF loves the game so it was a good buy but some Netflix recognition would be nice

nastymastadaddy
11-07-2010, 12:10 AM
i agree no netflix recongition but they have it for ESPN. Their are way more poeple using netflix.

H3ALY
11-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Not true..
The Kinect beta testers have gotten the game today as downloadable version..

But yea, it's prolly sold to those who break it, or those who buy Kinect used, and some how didn't get the game with it.

I've got a DIGITAL COPY as i was beta testing so i would need to buy the game in a singular if i wanted to play at a friends without humping my console around. Also i would imgine the "Bundle" will change down the line maybe even dropping the Game+ Camera Deal.

mistermoravec
11-14-2010, 02:55 AM
I know its late now...but what was the criteria for being a kinect beta tester? Did you have to work somewhere, or were xbox live users randomly selected?