PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Help and Tips

Mr Arrow
10-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Lake Challenge Help

90% of the challenges are easy but here are some tips that I learned (the hard way) that may help.

-------------
Fish catching challenges:

Monster fish can be caught multiple times [although they will move around to different spots]
Monster fish count as a different species [even if they are not] in challenges where you have to catch 5 different species.

The season and time of day affect the type of fish available to catch. If you need to catch a fish less than 5 pounds, check to make sure they are available. If you have stripped bass, large catfish etc, catching a small fish will be harder. Restart these challenges with different settings. [See Monster guide for help]

The Lake Mead challenge to catch a fish in all the fishing spots. Do NOT do this challenge at noon. There are 26 spots at noon but only 18 in the morning and evening! Also FIND ALL THE SPOTS before you start the challenge, this will help when time runs short. After many attempts I did this in the evening and finished with 12 minutes to spare!

Generally I found MUCH better fishing near the shore than the middle of the lake.

---------------
Casting Challenges;

The ones that require you to cast 5 times consecutively (without missing):
If you know your cast is going to miss, quickly hit B before the lure lands. This will avoid starting over.

Hit the Rings:
Make sure you select the longest casting rod, reel and large lure [this helped me with the distance ones]
On the far rings, line the tip of the rod just to the outside right of the casting circle, then cast.
--------------------
Got any other tips.....let us know so we can all benefit

Sweaty Bretty
10-31-2010, 06:04 PM
How do you do the even catches challenge on lake casitas?

SWAGGART
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the tips Arrow I'll use them with my armoury lol.

NRGY Ranta
11-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the information, I'm just starting out with the challenges so I think it will be most helpfull =)

Btw is there any way to mark or see a challange? I've having a hard time finding all when I'm out driving in the boat ;D

If you'r having trouble getting a perfect hook etc with the fishing rod try switching to a controle instead.