PDA

View Full Version : X360A World Championship - Post-Race Bahrain

x13radx
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Rather than cluttering up the sticky thread, I thought id just open a new thread. My mic still hasnt arrived from GAME yet, but hopefully I should have one for next week.

As for the race, it was a bit calamitous at the begining, everyone was flying off, especially me as I forgot we had fuel wear and braked about 50 yards too late :). I was in 10th for the first 2 laps, but everyone else decided to pull up on the side of the track and read the newspaper (seemingly) and before I knew it, I was in 2nd place around 5+ seconds behind Pined in first.

Me & Pined both came into pit at lap 8 (or 9....) and I was right behind him coming out the pits. Daenius overtook us both, but then Pined seemed to take Daenius off and then as I was trying to take advantage, Pined then forced me into the kerb (I think I was holding the racing lane) and he just nudged me too far and I rocketed accross the track into the sand.

After that, I was able to catch Daenius who I believe came into pit the following lap and then it was a battle between me and LFC for 4 or 5 laps. When he would spin off, I would spin off, and when I would spin, so would he. This happened 2 or 3 times, until eventually I believe he made a mistake somewhere then it was just a case of not being stupid and seeing if I could catch Pined.

With around 7 laps to go, I was lapping quite faster than Pined, and also recorded my fastest lap of the race, a 1:53.921, but a dodgy spin out towards the end of lap 22 put end to my chance of finishing in first.

Now, on turn 17 when I was just behind LFC, I saw you spun out as me and you were turning into the corner. Did I hit you? If I did, I am sorry. I slowed down early to try and leave space, but as I turned in I noticed you had slightly overshot into the kerb a little bit and there wasnt much I could do. I dont think I hit you, although my driving may have influenced you to spin. Sorry if it did, I assumed you would take it slightly slower and nipped infront, but was not the case.

If I hit anyone else, I apoligize, however I dont remember ever hitting anyone else, maybe apart from giving Pined a little niggle here and there early on. :)

pined5551
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
If I hit anyone else, I apoligize, however I dont remember ever hitting anyone else, maybe apart from giving Pined a little niggle here and there early on. :)

Niggle's says you, Shunts says I, lol. Yeah it was a bit crazy but the time after the pit didnt seem like that from my view. Pretty sure i never hit Daneus, he just broke far to late and i turned in early to avoid and may have cut across you. Oh well, not sure anyone had a completely clean race. I had 3 quite bad spins during the first 10 laps that put me in 6th. Overall, great racing.

daenius
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Good race, since you already opened up the thread, I'm going to take the opportunity to make some announcements:

After speaking to the other guys, I have decided that f1Davii and Fifty Two will be kicked from the championship, effect immediately.

Fifty Two disconnected two weeks in a row and f1Davii didn't show any etiquette during the race, crashing/swerving/spinning into everybody that was in his way.
We really don't need this kind of attitude in our races, thank you.

After talking it over, we have decided that from next week on, everybody will have his own car that he will use throughout the championship.
The car performances are set to equal, but as many of you probably know, every car has its own characteristics, making it nearly impossible to perform at a consistent level if everybody has a different car each week.

Please feel free to let me know which car you would like to have/feels best for you.

The list until now:

Pined x360a | Force India

xI BR4D Ix | McLaren

MytH FTW | Ferrari

LFC2k6 | Renault

|| Mr Dizzle || Williams

Daenius | BMW Sauber

Noddee1984 & o H i T M a N z | Mercedes & Red Bull (pick you preferred car)

As for the rest, please let me know your preferred choice.

Since we have lost 2 racers and 1 spot was open from the get-go, there are now 3 spots open for any interested drivers, please let me know if you are interested.

All the race results, times and preview for next Sat/Sun will be in the X360A Championship Thread here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263904

Please don't forget to reply and let me know which day (Sat or Sun) is better suited for you for next week's race.

Cheers, d.

x13radx
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Niggle's says you, Shunts says I, lol. Yeah it was a bit crazy but the time after the pit didnt seem like that from my view. Pretty sure i never hit Daneus, he just broke far to late and i turned in early to avoid and may have cut across you. Oh well, not sure anyone had a completely clean race. I had 3 quite bad spins during the first 10 laps that put me in 6th. Overall, great racing.

Well, as I came out the pits, I slowed a little to let him past (as did you) and then next thing I know you both go off and I see bits of debris flying towards me. I then was in the lead for a few seconds but then I flew into the sand across the track. Oh well, it definitely was not on purpose.

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Now, on turn 17 when I was just behind LFC, I saw you spun out as me and you were turning into the corner. Did I hit you? If I did, I am sorry. I slowed down early to try and leave space, but as I turned in I noticed you had slightly overshot into the kerb a little bit and there wasnt much I could do. I dont think I hit you, although my driving may have influenced you to spin. Sorry if it did, I assumed you would take it slightly slower and nipped infront, but was not the case.)

To be honest I'm not actually sure if you did or not. I know I was so much concentrating on where you were on the track that I stayed a little to narrow and I think my rear left tyre caught the apex. I immediately took my foot off the pedal but I span.

I'm not actually sure if I got a nudge or not. I'd like to have seen a replay but I'm still confused myself!

Was a good tussle though, had I kept that pace up, 3rd would have been mine easy :(

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
By the way, when you said i slowed to let him pass, do you mean when we were in the pits. Coming away from my pit crew my car reffussed to accelerate, that;s why you were so close to me coming out the lane. It was odd, lol.

EDIT: Also post race discussions can take place in the Championship thread. It matters not how many comments get made, it was sticked so it could all be in one thread. So starting all these threads after each race is a little counter productive, lol. So long as Daenius has enough room in his comments for all the info and standings to remain at the top its fine to discuss away as much as you like haha.

daenius
10-10-2010, 08:40 PM
All I remember is everybody pretty much wiped out in the first corner, Pined crashed into me from the right side and put me on track again, letting me stay 2nd behind him haha :)

I can't remember how I overtook Pined for 1st (did you spin out?), all I can remember after that is pushing for the life of me to get to the first corner before you 2 guys - you were just coming out of the pit.

On turn 3, I hit the brakes far too late and Pined gave me a little shove from behind, but I guess I would've spun out anyway.

I absolutely admire Pined's consistency, it's making him the hardest driver to beat.

Great race.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I absolutely admire Pined's consistency, it's making him the hardest driver to beat.

Great race.

Thanks Daenius :p

And the first time you got by would be when i parked my car horizontally across the track and ghosted and lots of people went past, lol. I remember frantically trying to put it in reverse to get off the track to let everyone by without incident, only to find out it gets ghosted, lol.

Tobes v1
10-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey guys. I wouldn't mind joining this Championship, if that's okay. I can make either Saturday or Sunday afternoons/evenings if that's when you're normally going to do races.

I would also love to be in a Ferrari :)

x13radx
10-10-2010, 09:32 PM
To be honest I'm not actually sure if you did or not. I know I was so much concentrating on where you were on the track that I stayed a little to narrow and I think my rear left tyre caught the apex. I immediately took my foot off the pedal but I span.

I'm not actually sure if I got a nudge or not. I'd like to have seen a replay but I'm still confused myself!

Was a good tussle though, had I kept that pace up, 3rd would have been mine easy :(

Me too. Im a bit hazy as to what happened. All I remember is seeing your front wing to my side and then as I accelerated out the apex you spinning out behind. I never remember hearing a smashing noise or feeling any nudge/shunt to my car, but I dont know. I too would like to see a replay.

By the way, when you said i slowed to let him pass, do you mean when we were in the pits. Coming away from my pit crew my car reffussed to accelerate, that;s why you were so close to me coming out the lane. It was odd, lol.

EDIT: Also post race discussions can take place in the Championship thread. It matters not how many comments get made, it was sticked so it could all be in one thread. So starting all these threads after each race is a little counter productive, lol. So long as Daenius has enough room in his comments for all the info and standings to remain at the top its fine to discuss away as much as you like haha.

Ah, that explains it. Your car went "invisible" and I could have droven "through" you, but decided not too as I didnt want to risk messing either of us up heading into turn 1.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Ah, that explains it. Your car went "invisible" and I could have droven "through" you, but decided not too as I didnt want to risk messing either of us up heading into turn 1.

Nice one thanks. I have no idea why it wouldnt let me accelerate normally. I was just on the limiter the whole time thinking WTF! COMON' BRAD IS RIGHT THERE ARGHHH!!! LOL!

x13radx
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Nice one thanks. I have no idea why it wouldnt let me accelerate normally. I was just on the limiter the whole time thinking WTF! COMON' BRAD IS RIGHT THERE ARGHHH!!! LOL!

Hehe, I was remaining calm as the last thing I want to do is ram anyone off, as my driving can be a bit, erm....eccentric at times, especially if im under pressure. Although, inside I was sort of launching verbals at you :D.

x13radx
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Agreed. I was 20.3 seconds behind Pined at the end, yet I was having 4 or 5 good laps where I would lap 1 or 2 seconds faster than him. But on the other hand, I had 1 or 2 laps where I would spin or lock my brakes and lose the 2 seconds I had gained, plus another 3 seconds from the mistake.

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Agreed. I was 20.3 seconds behind Pined at the end, yet I was having 4 or 5 good laps where I would lap 1 or 2 seconds faster than him. But on the other hand, I had 1 or 2 laps where I would spin or lock my brakes and lose the 2 seconds I had gained, plus another 3 seconds from the mistake.

I think on lap 9, I came just up to Pined as I moved into 2nd. I'd gone 'most all 9 laps without a spin or incident and was just behind him.

My problems came when I pushed harder to try and get him, I span once. Then came the problems with the guy crashing me. Them my battle with you and pit lane penalties.
I managed consistent 1:58 times, but that's still a little slow.

x13radx
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I think on lap 9, I came just up to Pined as I moved into 2nd. I'd gone 'most all 9 laps without a spin or incident and was just behind him.

My problems came when I pushed harder to try and get him, I span once. Then came the problems with the guy crashing me. Them my battle with you and pit lane penalties.
I managed consistent 1:58 times, but that's still a little slow.

I had a brief spell where I was setting 1:54's, and also set a personal best of 1.53 something or other, but I would say 1.58 was my average late on, especially when my front left tyre started to blister on the last 3 or 4 laps.