PDA

View Full Version : X360a Grand Prix - Week 1 Bahrain - Reaction thread

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Just as an idea we could have a thread for discussing each race after its conclusion. Any racing incidents that need clearing up, any thoughts on the race settings, car performance. Or just general banter :)

Week 1 - Bahrain.

Results

I'll wait for Daenius to post the results as I didn't see who came 3rd/4th.

Overall I had quite a good race by my own low standards.
However qualifying bugs crept into the race again. Mr Dizzle was awarded a 1:36 lap time which was impossible to beat and myself, I qualified in 5th, but was forced to start from 10th even though I was not awarded a penalty.
Anyone else have issues?

Pined in his usual, irritating style, stayed first through the majority of the race with very consistent lap times.

The race for everyone else however, was a little overshadowed by many driving incidents. I can only speak for myself on this point, but I was on for a 2nd/3rd place finish. My race strategy of staying on the prime tyre until lap 18, then swapping for the final 7 laps proved a big success. But yet again I was hit with a double drive through penalty, even though I did not apply power on either run through the pit lane.
This was only trivial by this point though as I had been repeatedly spun off through no fault of my own, the pit fiasco only moved me from 5th to 6th.

Now I don't like pointing fingers, but after hearing complaints from at least 2 other drivers I think it was a little more than coincidence. But after much discussion after the race we have decided to remove the player from future events.

We have also decided in future, we will be sticking to a single car each week. These will be posted later.

In general, I can only be happy with 6th really, but after looking to be on for at least 4th for 18 laps of the race I'm a little disappointed.

Anyone any thoughts? Or is this just a stupid idea? :D

daenius
10-10-2010, 08:03 PM
brad just ninja'd you ;)

you should post this in his thread so a mod can close this one :)

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm sure this can be merged into one thread, though how to ask for that to be done I don't know.
He always has a way of sneaking infront of me that one!

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:15 PM
EDIT: Also post race discussions can take place in the Championship thread. It matters not how many comments get made in that thread, it was sticked so it could all be in one thread. So starting all these threads after each race is a little counter productive, lol. So long as Daenius has enough room in his comments for all the info and standings to remain at the top its fine to discuss away as much as you like haha.

Pined in his usual, irritating style, stayed first through the majority of the race with very consistent lap times.

In general, I can only be happy with 6th really, but after looking to be on for at least 4th for 18 laps of the race I'm a little disappointed.

Haha, thanks LFC :D

Also, i did feel like i was a little undeservant (if that's a word, lol) of first place when i initially took it. But i think it would be fair to say my consistency was what kept me there and lead to a 20 second lead from 2nd place, even with the last 3 laps being spent on 'Cruise' mode on the engine settings. I think i even heard some one say 'That Pined has really slowed down' LOL! This would be why. I was very worried i was about to run out of fuel and snail to the finish with smug competetors giving me the finger as they passed hahahaha.

Fifty Two
10-11-2010, 06:30 PM
yea sorry about d/c last race. i just got wicked pissed off and just turned it off in a fit of tantrum. ill try not to let my temper get in the way anymore.

if possible id like to get another go for next week but if not i totally understand.

daenius
10-11-2010, 08:05 PM
yea sorry about d/c last race. i just got wicked pissed off and just turned it off in a fit of tantrum. ill try not to let my temper get in the way anymore.

if possible id like to get another go for next week but if not i totally understand.

sorry, but no.

this is the same thing you said last week and I gave you another chance. you blew it, you're out.

Fifty Two
10-14-2010, 02:29 AM
ok, cool =(

Fifty Two
10-14-2010, 02:31 AM
oh hey if u ever need anyone to race with online let me know.

ill be on whenever just send me an invite. doesnt have to be for the championship but just for fun too.