PDA

View Full Version : Lower standard than the carbonated apps?

Wratty
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
More expensive than the others at 3.99 but id say the build quality isn't as good and the loading times are terrible! At the moment anyway!!

BLQQDCQRE
10-11-2010, 04:43 AM
More expensive than the others at 3.99 but id say the build quality isn't as good and the loading times are terrible! At the moment anyway!! Who cares, As long as it comes with achievements.

Wratty
10-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Who cares, As long as it comes with achievements.

Umm... I do?

RY1987
10-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Umm... I do?
you actually care when theres achievements to be earned.aslong as theres achievements then price loading time etc is insignificant. talking of loading times if its slow does that mean its a large file size? as i am getting a 8gb phone and wondered how many xbox live games it would store. i wont be putting any songs or photos on it so anyone who would like to make a rough guess at how many games could i store on 8gb

[Waggly Bean]
10-27-2010, 09:48 AM
you actually care when theres achievements to be earned.aslong as theres achievements then price loading time etc is insignificant.

Errr... Not for everyone.

You have to have more money than sense if you seriously believe that. Personally, I'd be a bit annoyed if the quality of these games was generally lower than say the iPhone versions, being as from what I hear the iPhone versions seem to be on the whole cheaper.

Sure achievements on the move is brilliant and a sure selling point, but it really doesn't render everything else insignificant. I can't imagine many people would buy this phone just for achievements if the games were all reported to be absolute rubbish, but that's what your post suggests you would do. Which is pretty crazy! :rolleyes:

RY1987
10-28-2010, 01:19 AM
;3667284']Errr... Not for everyone.

You have to have more money than sense if you seriously believe that. Personally, I'd be a bit annoyed if the quality of these games was generally lower than say the iPhone versions, being as from what I hear the iPhone versions seem to be on the whole cheaper.

Sure achievements on the move is brilliant and a sure selling point, but it really doesn't render everything else insignificant. I can't imagine many people would buy this phone just for achievements if the games were all reported to be absolute rubbish, but that's what your post suggests you would do. Which is pretty crazy! :rolleyes:

i know i would not be alone buying it though so thats fine with me.i have little money and even less sense but so what i enjoy getting achievements.im hoping quality of the games is quite low meaning the file sizes will be low meaning more games wthout having to delete any. talking of this,do you know the file size of any games as 8gb on a phone seems like nothing as my ipod touch 32gb filled up fairly quickly with mostly just games.im hoping the file sizes are more ipod touch based and not xbox live arcade based as average ipod touch game is like 20mb or 30mb although some are over 200mb but some xbox 360 arcade games can be over 2gb,so buying a phone for just 4 games really would be a waste of money as i already have a perfectly good oring phone,only reason i want windows 7 phone is achievements nothing else.no zune or facebook or camea or all that rubbish.

[Waggly Bean]
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Your question has already been answered in at least two threads! :rolleyes:

People are saying the files seem to be between 50 and 100MB. So if you do the math, you could get anywhere from around 80 to around 160 games on it.

Of course, that's assuming that all 8GB is useable (space taken up by OS?), and that games will remain as small as that (possibly not if XBLA games are anything to go by!)

For now, just go with the idea that you can probably fit a lot of games on it. :D

RY1987
11-01-2010, 12:26 AM
;3672717']Your question has already been answered in at least two threads! :rolleyes:

People are saying the files seem to be between 50 and 100MB. So if you do the math, you could get anywhere from around 80 to around 160 games on it.

Of course, that's assuming that all 8GB is useable (space taken up by OS?), and that games will remain as small as that (possibly not if XBLA games are anything to go by!)

For now, just go with the idea that you can probably fit a lot of games on it. :D

i haven ow almost decided on the vodafone lg optimus 7 25 a month with the 99 one off payment.but the only queston i have left is has anyone tried windows messenger on a windows 7 phone and is it free to access as ive always been told only three have free msn which is why ive stuck with them for so long