PDA

View Full Version : Codemasters managed to get the pit garage positions reversed, lol.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Ok, in this game Virgin have the last spot on the pit lane as they are the newest team (bunched with Lotus & HRT). In real life Mercedes have this spot, as it is awarded to the winning constructors team from the last season - Mercedes foramlly being Brawn for those not up on F1 - (its the best garage, something that would show if it wasn't for the pit lane lollypop man bug in this game, lol). Likewise Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren are all down that end of the pit lane in real life. In the game its all backwards...

Nice one Codemasters hahahah. I can't belive I only just noticed this. It was only when i saw Schumacher coming out the pits today in Japan that i thought, WTF! he's just come out Virgin's garage ahhaha, lol.

mark21667
10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Was this during your first season? Do the pit boxes change in line with standings every season?

pined5551
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I haven't noticed to be honest. If they didnt think to put them in the right order to begin with then i doubt they thought to make them changeable depending on season results.

tgas416
10-11-2010, 02:40 AM
who cares there pit boxes....

xLMx1994
10-11-2010, 06:38 AM
who cares there pit boxes....

yh, with the pit lane bug i prefer it how it is. im at mercedes atm so i only get the pitlane bug if everyone comes it at one time, and i havent got it yet.

ansotica
10-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Was this during your first season? Do the pit boxes change in line with standings every season?

no they stay the same.

massive183
10-11-2010, 09:03 AM
mine has changed i have been at the end and now at the front

bridgeybmx
10-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Ok, in this game Virgin have the last spot on the pit lane as they are the newest team (bunched with Lotus & HRT). In real life Mercedes have this spot, as it is awarded to the winning constructors team from the last season - Mercedes foramlly being Brawn for those not up on F1 - (its the best garage, something that would show if it wasn't for the pit lane lollypop man bug in this game, lol). Likewise Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren are all down that end of the pit lane in real life. In the game its all backwards...

Nice one Codemasters hahahah. I can't belive I only just noticed this. It was only when i saw Schumacher coming out the pits today in Japan that i thought, WTF! he's just come out Virgin's garage ahhaha, lol.

actually from what i can tell your wrong because the first pit garages are for the teams who came top of constructors and virgin is the very last one :S

Nathan LS27
10-11-2010, 05:42 PM
yeah im sure if win the constructors you get the first pit box not the last

xLMx1994
10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
yh but at suzuka mercedes were last in the pitlane.

pined5551
10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
actually from what i can tell your wrong because the first pit garages are for the teams who came top of constructors and virgin is the very last one :S

So why did Mercedes (Brawn) have the last garage in Japan at the weekend then??

xLMx1994
10-11-2010, 07:32 PM
So why did Mercedes (Brawn) have the last garage in Japan at the weekend then??

finally someone who has actually watched F1 and therefore knows what they are talking about. if you had watched F1 at the weekend you would have known that they got the pitboxes the wrong way round (codies that is) not that im bothered about it, i prefer it how it is.

Nathan LS27
10-12-2010, 10:44 PM
finally someone who has actually watched F1 and therefore knows what they are talking about. if you had watched F1 at the weekend you would have known that they got the pitboxes the wrong way round (codies that is) not that im bothered about it, i prefer it how it is.

Yeah i watch it every week clever clogs but to be honest the pit lane order doesn't really cross my mind when i'm watching a race.

Will have to keep an eye out in korea to see whats what, doesn't really bother me in the game though.

xLMx1994
10-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah i watch it every week clever clogs but to be honest the pit lane order doesn't really cross my mind when i'm watching a race.

Will have to keep an eye out in korea to see whats what, doesn't really bother me in the game though.

yh i dont normally pick up on things like this, but as i did straight away, i thought is more obvious than it actually was. i only really noticed it when i saw schumi come into the pits and go to the very end, as im with mercedes now in career and i did a few races in between qualy and the race on sunday so was used to the merc pits being at the beggining

Nathan LS27
10-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Don't want to call anyone out on this but maybe its just a suzuka thing, I found this on Youtube:

YouTube - Michael Schumacher Pit Mercedes GP Silverstone 2010

Clearly you can see schumacher getting in the car and when it pans out you can see Mercedes have the closest pit boxes (as you would enter from the right of the screen at silverstone) to the pit entrance, so honestly I dont know what is going on with the order at suzuka!

pined5551
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I think we should just see what's what at Korea. This is confussing me even more now haha.

pdean52
10-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Common practise is that the best constructor from previous year gets the first garage in the pit lane, the worst the last. However, to complicate matters the order can be different at each track (first garage being at start/end of pit lane depending on track) but I've never figured out why this is. It's probably the case that the "first" garage in Japan is at the end of the pit lane.

I don't know if anyone else remembers this but there was a massive hoo haa a couple of years back after McLaren were disqualified from the constructors championship when found with Ferrari car schematics. In the following year they were the "last" garage in the pit lane which actually ended up giving them an advantage as Ron Dennis proclaimed that the could leave the pits without switching the limiter on. After a complaint from FOM they were moved to around the 5th or 6th garage and nothing was said again.

Hope this clarifies things a little in this thread.

pined5551
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah it does a bit, thanks. I remember that! Just goes to show both those teams aren't quite as resepectable as they come across. RED BULL ALL THE WAY!! :D

pined5551
10-23-2010, 03:52 AM
OK, so how it works according to the commentators in Practice session 3 in Korea just now. As we all knew it is in order of the results of the constructors championship from the previous year. The reason Japan was different others was because at the start of the weekend Mercedes get the priveledge to say what end of the lane they want, then it gets organised accodingly based on results from last year. Sorted, lol.