PDA

View Full Version : Supposed to get the first dlc free.

beezee_boi
10-10-2010, 10:57 PM
How do i download the first dlc free I put the code in to get it for free when I first go the game but is there any special action that needs to be taken in order for it to download now or is it automatic?

TsarBlandi
10-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Im assuming you put the disc in already...

Anyway go to the Guide menu, and then to Redeem Code... enter code... download... play... gasp....cry... be dissapointed...ah well new one is out 2moro... woot!

beezee_boi
10-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Im assuming you put the disc in already...

Anyway go to the Guide menu, and then to Redeem Code... enter code... download... play... gasp....cry... be dissapointed...ah well new one is out 2moro... woot!

I already put the code in when I got the game on launch. and i tryed to download but it said it was going to cost points so I re - entered the code and it says it has already been redeemed (the code has been redeemed)

ozgoon56
10-12-2010, 02:17 AM
I already put the code in when I got the game on launch. and i tryed to download but it said it was going to cost points so I re - entered the code and it says it has already been redeemed (the code has been redeemed)

I'm sure I've seen other posts where if you redeemed the code before the DLC was released you got a theme or something like that. Have you any other Alan Wake downloads that could have been redeemed from the code? I don't know if there's a way around it so you might want to search for other threads on the issue.

el_pieablo
10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
I waited till I completed the game before putting the code in. That way I was sure that it was going to work, I think it the card with the free dlc it says to wait till its out anyhow.
I have also been told that there is an expiry date on the code, not sure bout that though

beezee_boi
10-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm sure I've seen other posts where if you redeemed the code before the DLC was released you got a theme or something like that. Have you any other Alan Wake downloads that could have been redeemed from the code? I don't know if there's a way around it so you might want to search for other threads on the issue.

I haven't got anything to my knowledge thinking about contacting microsoft to see what to do.

tunaleg
10-24-2010, 01:03 AM
I can't believe how many dummies used the code before the dlc came out. Serves them right for being so impatient/illiterate