PDA

View Full Version : Why should I buy Fable 3 ???

Agent JFG
10-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I would like to ask the various member who read this and are fans of Fable to give me some reasons and some insight into why I should (or shouldn't) buy Fable 3. First off, I'm only doing this because I'm not currently flowing with extra cash. Normally, I would just reserve the game and not care if I liked it or not afterward.

But anyway here we go. To help anyone who replies understand me let me start off by saying I loved the first Fable. Even now I can enjoy playing it. The time jump into the future for Fable 2 & 3 wasn't great in my opinion, but we can't change that so I won't rant about it too much. Fable 2 had many disappointments for me, most of which are the reasons why I'm hesitant in buying Fable 3. Some of these reasons include:

- Easy to break the Economy by either glitches or trading with other people and no patches to fix them.
- Slow buggy issues when too many NPCs are nearby.
- Co-op was restricted to one screen for both players.
- Infinite magic & ammo was ridiculous, especially in a game where its easy to make a lot of money in which to buy them.
- Anticlimactic ending with no boss fight.
- Sub standard graphics

Those are my biggest issues with Fable 2. So if anyone would like to comment their opinions I that would be great. I'd love to buy it and complete the Trilogy, but I don't want to spend money on a bad game. If there any recent videos that talk about the new features in Fable 3, I'd love to see it. I'm mostly worried that Fable 3 won't look great graphically compared to Fable 2. But yeah, please feel free to respond. I look forward to reading some replies.

EMP
10-11-2010, 03:53 AM
The coop is improved no longer sharing one screen and followed up by the person joining brings along there own character, skills and dog. Improved combat system with better graphics and map's with larger areas of whereabout you can roam. Plus the cast of people such as John Cleese, Stephen Fry,
Jonathan Ross, Simon Pegg, Ben Kingsley and others. Even though there is a limited edition I'm going to buy the standard edition I hope this helps :drunk

Captain Urahara
10-11-2010, 06:10 AM
+Lionhead has stated that it is harder to earn gold now
+Co-op isn't restricted to one screen anymore, you can use your own Hero and dog, etc.
+Looks like the ending will be much more climatic
+Fantastic voice-cast
+Removal of clunky/slow menus

-Still infinite ammo and magic
-Graphics mostly the same

?Unknown how easy it will be to break the economy
?Unknown about slowdown, but looks better

Ligerblaze
10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Based on a few of your concerns like graphics and slow-play, id say wait a week or two after release, and check out some reviews/gameplay videos. That way, it'll also have a small price drop for a used copy. Could turn out that its worse than Fable II and you can pick it up for a very small price come christmas time.

I think, overall, if you're able to enjoy the story and look past some of the flaws, you should pick it up at some point. I wouldn't just pass on a game like this, but maybe pass on a midnight release.

Grado
10-11-2010, 05:27 PM
better graphics co-op is improved you cant boost for all abilities and money in fable 3
pure awsomnes

Toams07
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
* its the greatest RPG game there is
* they improved A LOT since Fable 2, like co-op, grphics and a more interesting story

LTC PUDIE 42X
10-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I like to think that Lionhead is one of the best Devs for understanding what there players want "Fable 2s DLC was ideas taken from there form members" and that they learn from mistakes and do there best to not repeat them, as you can tell many features address issues players had with Fable 2 as posted above but theres also many new exciting features aswell to keep it fresh for returning fans.

verte200
10-12-2010, 12:13 AM
thanks I actually wanted the same question answered not that I hate fable 2 too me it should improve on coop and ending stealing would also be a plus

Chargrin
10-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Between amazing voice cast, improved graphics, better story, the touch system, the weapon morphing system, the new 3-D pause screen, etc. etc., this seems to have the making of an amazing game! I in particular am looking forward to the story of the rebellion and to the achievment hunting. As was said in an earlier comment, wait a couple days till reviews are circling, if they say its good, get it. If they say its bad, dont. If they say its amazing and there's already people who are planning on getting legally married within the game, then run to Gamestop Charlie, and don't let anyone stop you till you get there!

PyreBall
10-12-2010, 03:30 AM
The major downside to the Fable series is that Molyneaux has a tendency to promise the world and then only deliver half of what he had in mind due to time or financial constraints. However, it's still damned difficult to deny that Fable games are just plain fun. Fable III, simply put, looks to continue the fun part of the equation. We have to hope that Peter Molyneaux has managed to put together the game he keeps telling us about without having to cut out too much.

Stormcougar
10-12-2010, 07:19 AM
They have made 2 winners...thats good enough track record for me to buy the third on name alone.

tmg100
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
If you thought you'd give kingmaker a try like me, ive already got 40,000 gold, so earning gold unless prices for things are insanely high will be easy!

Snowwwwy
10-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Pretty sure Im gonna be getting this game. I probably wont get it as soon as it comes out, nor do I think I will keep it, but I will try it out for sure. Cant wait for it. Loved the second one so Im hoping this third one is just as good :D

Toams07
10-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Loved the second one so Im hoping this third one is just as good :D

It wont.
It'll be better

N3xus Gam3r
10-14-2010, 08:57 AM
It will be the best,

2 weeks cant go any faster :'D

Jellybean468
10-14-2010, 02:51 PM
A game doesn't have to have perfect graphics for it to be an AMAZING game. Sure, graphics can be lovely, especially when you look at the likes of Final Fantasy XIII and Halo Reach but by looking at the likes of Assassin's Creed, Fable and Dead Rising games as well as Fallout 3, it shows graphics don't make a game.

EMP
10-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Sure, graphics can be lovely, especially when you look at the likes of Final Fantasy XIII and Halo Reach but by looking at the likes of Assassin's Creed, Fable and Dead Rising games as well as Fallout 3, it shows graphics don't make a game.
Assassin's Creed has actually pretty good graphics...btw all the games you mentioned are amazing...

Toams07
10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
A game doesn't have to have perfect graphics for it to be an AMAZING game. Sure, graphics can be lovely, especially when you look at the likes of Final Fantasy XIII and Halo Reach but by looking at the likes of Assassin's Creed, Fable and Dead Rising games as well as Fallout 3, it shows graphics don't make a game.

Assasins Creed = great graphics
Fable = great graphics

No, graphics dont make the game, but when reading (p)reviews I often read how they talk about the graphics, so they are important.