PDA

View Full Version : Preorder anything from Amazon? HEADS UP

Hoborg
10-11-2010, 03:28 AM
This includes those who use Prime. Be very careful if you're pre-ordering through Amazon. I preorder both Enslaved, Castlevania, and MOH and last week I was supposed to get the two former games but when I came home from class there was a note from UPS saying they couldn't deliver because no one signed for it.

I don't know about your setup but you really need to be careful about that. According to their shitty signature policy, I would have to pick up the fucking package 20 minutes away or wait until I could sign for it which would be 3 days into the week on a Friday. That's not the point of using Prime.

I stopped using Amazon as a result. Just be careful, they never said someone had to be home - I expect to the package to be left on the porch.

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Huh that's odd I've never had to sign for a Amazon package that's a video game.

DPayne
10-11-2010, 05:01 AM
I don't have Amazon Prime, but I order all of my games from Amazon with release date delivery and they arrive on time with no hitches. It may be because the delivery men are so scared shitless of my doberman's that they just put the games at the end of my driveway and drive off.

qpRELENTLESSqp
10-11-2010, 05:39 AM
i order all my games from amazon and have never had issues. if i'm not home they usually just leave it outside my door

DOOKH8R
10-11-2010, 05:43 AM
You sure you just haven't picked a setting/preference somewhere that requires signature for delivery.

StolenPaper18
10-11-2010, 05:47 AM
You sure you just haven't picked a setting/preference somewhere that requires signature for delivery.
I always thought it was either this...or if your package is over a certain price, they need a signature.

ConfusedGeek
10-11-2010, 02:40 PM
just fyi, in the end, its upto the driver to leave it or not.

i live in a secured apt building, and its always a hit or miss if any delivery driver will leave the package.

i got a feeling if they are only delivering to me, they wont come up and just leave it. or if the ups driver is new.

fedex is a real pain, and the a1 service that amazon user is really a pain.

FlyBoy120586
10-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I always thought it was either this...or if your package is over a certain price, they need a signature.

I think if the order is $100 or above they need a signature. When I got the GTAIV limited edition from Amazon I didn't have to sign for it, and it was like $80-90 (don't remember exactly).
Personally I have never had any problems with Amazon's shipping policies, but when I got GTAIV they sent me the PS3 version even though the order said the 360 version. So I finally got to play it a week later... no big deal.

Alktrio3
10-11-2010, 08:23 PM
yeaaaaaaa if an order or package is over a set amount you need to sign for it. your mess up not amazons

good job kid

davezpsp
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
yeaaaaaaa if an order or package is over a set amount you need to sign for it. your mess up not amazons

good job kid

Not always true.... I ordered Neon Genesis Evangelion on Blu (just awesome BTW) with next day shipping, I waited at home all day waiting for ups to show. Around 7:00pm I decided I had waited long enough and I called ups via their number on the site and it redirected me to my locale, only to find out they were closed!
I was pissed cause I paid an extra 10 just for next day and it wasn't gonna show! So I went and hit McD's drive-thru (less than 5min from my house) and I return home to find a "Sorry we missed you" note! WTF?!?!? I was gone 12min! There was another number "If you need your package today......" You betchore sweet bippy I called, They told me I would have to come down and go in the warehouse doors and yatta yatta yatta....

Needless to say I got my package and they got a piece of my mind, I tell you what.

P.S. My total was about $35 (25 for the Blu+10 for shipping)

ITD Soldierboy
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Only thing I've ever had to sign for was my LED Tv I bought back in August. I never have to sign for anything and this includes Halo Reach Legendary Edition, Halo Reach Console, the bigger Kindle(cost around $450 since I got accessories for it) and this also includes plenty of games I've ordered with release date delivery. Oh AND I'm an Amazon Prime member(Student Account if that means anything).

It might be a setting you have or maybe amazon may classify the town you're in as a bad neighborhood and requires signatures(not even sure if this is possible, but who knows?) In fact, all the companies just kinda toss our packages on our steps and leave. No ringing the doorbell, or even really making a sound. My friends and I like to call the UPS guys ninjas since they somehow get the package at your door in our area without even making a sound.

newbsicle
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Maybe that's just ups. Normally when I pre-order from amazon fedex ships the game over night and leave it on my doorstep.

jcantu000
10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
This includes those who use Prime. Be very careful if you're pre-ordering through Amazon. I preorder both Enslaved, Castlevania, and MOH and last week I was supposed to get the two former games but when I came home from class there was a note from UPS saying they couldn't deliver because no one signed for it.

I don't know about your setup but you really need to be careful about that. According to their shitty signature policy, I would have to pick up the fucking package 20 minutes away or wait until I could sign for it which would be 3 days into the week on a Friday. That's not the point of using Prime.

I stopped using Amazon as a result. Just be careful, they never said someone had to be home - I expect to the package to be left on the porch.

I pre-ordered MOH from amazon and was expecting it to be delivered today. I waited around for awhile then decided to check the tracking, apparently UPS messed up and never got it shipped out from Ky. So, I sent my wife to bestbuy and pick it up. I'll be shipping the pre-ordered one back to amazon when it arrives. I've had good luck with amazon, and in an email to them, I told them that it wasn't them to blame but UPS.

mattjv2099
10-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Depends on how ghetto your doorstep is. Do you live in an apartment (UPS won't leave pkgs at apartments without signiatures)? Have you filed claims with UPS in the past for damaged or missing packages? IF you have then they won't leave packages. Duplex? Not supposed to leave packages at duplexes. None of these reasons? House for sale? Then maybe driver discretion.

If it requires a sig due to the dollar amt of the items then that would be AMAZON's policy and not UPS'. Because that is too little of an amt for UPS to care about.

Yes I work for UPS, bla bla bla.

ConfusedGeek
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Depends on how ghetto your doorstep is. Do you live in an apartment (UPS won't leave pkgs at apartments without signiatures)? Have you filed claims with UPS in the past for damaged or missing packages? IF you have then they won't leave packages. Duplex? Not supposed to leave packages at duplexes. None of these reasons? House for sale? Then maybe driver discretion.

If it requires a sig due to the dollar amt of the items then that would be AMAZON's policy and not UPS'. Because that is too little of an amt for UPS to care about.

Yes I work for UPS, bla bla bla.

\
u may work for them, but apparently not in the real world.

in the real world the drivers will leave packages at your apt door if they think its safe, no matter what the cost of the package. they do it all the time for me and my neighbors. i order from amazon all the time and usp (if its the normal driver) will just leave it at my door.

my building does have security.

hey, even fed ex does it most of the time.

though ups didnt deliver it today, i came home today with moh waiting for me at the door. now i wish it wasnt. ea servers.

mattjv2099
10-12-2010, 10:50 PM
\
u may work for them, but apparently not in the real world.

in the real world the drivers will leave packages at your apt door if they think its safe, no matter what the cost of the package. they do it all the time for me and my neighbors. i order from amazon all the time and usp (if its the normal driver) will just leave it at my door.

my building does have security.

secure buildings are, for the most part, ok to leave packages at. all packages worth over 5,000$ require a signature anywhere. A ups drover won't leave something worth 5,000$ at the pope's house without a signature.

I am a driver for UPS. Most drivers bend the rules to make their own lives easier and their day go quicker and more efficient. But the minute something goes wrong and the driver has to take it in the ass then he goes back to doing things by the book. And then the customer gets pissed off because they don't get what they want anymore... ect...

Metabolic XBA
10-12-2010, 11:09 PM
My local UPS guy just throws packages at my door and leaves lol

xDevilDawg64x
10-13-2010, 01:30 AM
I never have to sign for anything.

Rolyatkcinmai
10-13-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm a Prime member and receive 7-10 packages a week from Amazon and have never had to sign for anything.

GreenMegaZord
10-13-2010, 02:45 AM
I also use amazon prime and have never had to sign for anything. Also....ups never delivers my package. Its ALWAYS Fed-Ex....ALWAYS. And this doesn't sound like amazon to me. They are usually on point all the time. Ive yet to have a problem with them. But anyway...hope you get your packages soon man.

G4M3RC0P
10-13-2010, 04:04 AM
You have to drive a whole 20 minutes?!?!? Quit yer bitchin'.

thechadperson
10-13-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm a Prime member and receive 7-10 packages a week from Amazon and have never had to sign for anything.

same here. ive never had a problem with amazon.

hell today i even got my 20 dollars for pre ordered MOH, it says its supposed to take 2-3 days but i got it before i got the game.

then i got fallout NV for 10 dollars

nastymastadaddy
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
ive had problems with release date delivery. i pre-ordered 2 games in the past for release-date-delivery and both games showed up 2 days after release date. I sent them some very angry e-mails.