PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are going to buy Windows Phone 7 Just for achievements?

BLQQDCQRE
10-11-2010, 04:31 AM
I know I am. I don't even need a phone. This is a first, a new, and a bad ass feature. I just want it on the go. A phone in my pocket that carries achievements? How Fuc**ng cool is that.

Who else is going to buy this phone for achievements. I'm sure there is tons of features regardless of the games/achievements, I can care less for them. I want games with achievements on my phone. EPIC!

DejitaruRyuu
10-11-2010, 04:56 AM
my current phone is nearing the end of his life. So I need a new one anyway.

however it also depends on the price. and from what I found so far that is going to stop me. I'm not going to put down around 500 for a phone.

Wratty
10-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I know I am. I don't even need a phone. This is a first, a new, and a bad ass feature. I just want it on the go. A phone in my pocket that carries achievements? How Fuc**ng cool is that.

Who else is going to buy this phone for achievements. I'm sure there is tons of features regardless of the games/achievements, I can care less for them. I want games with achievements on my phone. EPIC!

It's certainly influenced my purchase!!

Typeonegativ71
10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I've been using a Samsung Synch for the last 3 (4?) years that is near the end of its life so it is about time for an upgrade anyway. That said, I definitely am going for a Win 7 phone this time around--without the Xbox live integration I would have probably passes on them though.

the_b1ues
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
do the achievements definatly link to your gamertag for everyone to see on your xbox live profile?

Starstrukk X360A
10-11-2010, 09:21 PM
do the achievements definatly link to your gamertag for everyone to see on your xbox live profile?

They do. Your LIVE gamertag is used on the phone. So whatever achievements you earn on the phone is synced up to the gamertag.

Anywho, I definitely want one, but I just got my LG Xenon a year ago. My run for phones is every two years (due to contracts and whatnot with AT&T) so next winter I'll get either an iPhone or a Windows Phone.
Both are epic, personally.

Wratty
10-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Check my gamertag :eek:

[Waggly Bean]
10-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Check my gamertag :eek:

Oh nice! I see Rocket Riot, Bejeweled, Hexic Rush and Flowerz.

Achievements-on-the-move aside for a moment, what's your opinion on the actual games so far?

I have to say I'm very interested, but don't want to end up spending loads of money on this phone to find that the games are all quite lame. :rolleyes:

Wratty
10-15-2010, 07:52 PM
;3609574']Oh nice! I see Rocket Riot, Bejeweled, Hexic Rush and Flowerz.

Achievements-on-the-move aside for a moment, what's your opinion on the actual games so far?

I have to say I'm very interested, but don't want to end up spending loads of money on this phone to find that the games are all quite lame. :rolleyes:

I've got to say they're varied and good!
Just been playing a lot of the Star Wars Hoth tower defense game and really enjoyed it.

Twin blades graphically looks amazing and plays pretty well but I keep jumping accidentally thanks to the touch screen!

Rocket Riot is really addictive and works real well on the screen.

I personally believe it will become the place to be for gaming soon, thanks to the popularity of the iPhone and also Microsoft's relationships now with publishers. Future is bright!

RY1987
10-30-2010, 02:30 AM
I've got to say they're varied and good!
Just been playing a lot of the Star Wars Hoth tower defense game and really enjoyed it.

Twin blades graphically looks amazing and plays pretty well but I keep jumping accidentally thanks to the touch screen!

Rocket Riot is really addictive and works real well on the screen.

I personally believe it will become the place to be for gaming soon, thanks to the popularity of the iPhone and also Microsoft's relationships now with publishers. Future is bright!

apparently there is at least 2 threads commenting on the file size of the windows phone 7 games but i cant find them. does nayone know of any file sizes.so far all i know is earthworm jim is 85mb.i know most are under 100mb but as i am not interested in every game and the contracts are 2 years i really dont want to be stuck with a phone that is full up half way through the contract.also is the full 8gb available to use or is half of it taken up by the operating system as usual

MILINKYO
11-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Im getting one at end of month because my upgrade is due and wont cost me anything and chevos ate a nice bonus

Sphearis
11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I will, if I can get a cheap one, my main phone is a HTC Desire and I don't need anything else than achievements on the go.

Or maybe if they release a live enabled Zune HD 2, I was pissed of at MS because I bought my Zune HD because I thought the games on it would be live enabled.

But that's ok now as I realized it's by far the best PMP I've ever had.

DayV3d
11-11-2010, 06:36 PM
just got my htc hd7 today, but not all xbl services are available in germany right now, cant chat with friends or edit my avatar.

my old one kinda got old, and i mean this kind of old:
http://www.guvenlikprogram.com/images/nokia-8310-1.jpg

:)

Jahman7
12-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I didn't get this phone just for the achievements, but I'm VERY glad I got it and can use it to acquire more gamerscore. It's pretty awesome!

luuwat
01-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Well lol I haven't cared for aphone in 10 years but when I heard about wp7 I waied and waited and did not want an iPhone. Thank god I did wait the phone itself is awesome plus I am on a cheap contract anyway lol. Its sad to buy a phone just 4 achievement but I was due a new one since I've always had junk phones!