PDA

View Full Version : Boss chases and hard difficulty

Hoborg
10-11-2010, 05:07 AM
I can confirm that there is a huge difference in changing difficulties when it comes to the boss chases starting at lev 9: wasteland.

I tried to collect the final orbs during that stage which I can also confirm is IMPOSSIBLE because you run out of time. I tried it at least 15 times. So, it's not true that this game only requires one playthrough.

Just so you know. Happy orb hunting.

TheLegendOf1977
10-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah found this out aswel. Started on easy and thought i could mop up the remaining orbs on hard, but to get all the orbs on the chase levels on hard you'd have to play those levels multiple times getting different orbs each time...
O well, bach to those levels for a third time...

Jlzrd
10-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah it doesn't help that the controls seem to become really stiff during these chase sequences either. When you're free to move about in other levels it feels great floating around, but it's a real pain here. Made even more annoying with the fact that it's physically impossible to get all the orbs in one run through, and even then they're hard to see on repeat playthroughs until you remember where they are... and even then if you mess up and Trip is killed the orbs reset after the checkpoint loads.

...so yes, it's annoying :P

Aprosa
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
does this mean the boss runs slower?? i couldnt get to the dog and rino within the time limit for the achievements

Mr Plan
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
If you play on Easy either they run slower or the boosts give you more speed. On Easy you'll catch them within the time limit with no problems.

cassetto
10-17-2010, 07:00 PM
in hard mode even the gears, flames, etc are much much faster....

Aprosa
10-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks for your reply, gonna try those achievements today after work!

DRAV3N UK
10-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Totally agree with this, couldn't get close to the 35 & 36 second rule for achievements on Hard mode, switched to Easy mode and first go, no problem. Difficulty certainly makes a difference.