PDA

View Full Version : what is the number next to a player?

mitchcraft1980
10-11-2010, 07:31 AM
you know when you are looking at a players profile they have like a number next to their name maybe a orange circle with a 3 ,1 or whatever in it ?

Minty
10-11-2010, 07:39 AM
The number of years that person has had Xbox Live Gold.

mitchcraft1980
10-11-2010, 07:52 AM
ahh thanks

Strato Streak
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Oh man thanks for clearing that up, its one of those questions that has been nagging me forever!

I always thought it was something to do with the remaining months left with a gold subscription....which doesn't really make any sense, but then again, why would MS want to show everyone's Xbox live 'age'?

Burning Revolver
10-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I thought it was like a ranking or levelling system depending on how many points you had, like if you have over 50k you reach level 2 or something like that.

The fact that it's a total of how long you've had XBL Gold is kind of odd if you ask me.

mitchcraft1980
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I thought it was like a ranking or levelling system depending on how many points you had, like if you have over 50k you reach level 2 or something like that.

The fact that it's a total of how long you've had XBL is kind of odd if you ask me.

i thought it was that also

ShaneForWax
10-11-2010, 12:18 PM
The number of years that person has had Xbox Live Gold.

Are you sure it's only gold? I'm not sure I've had gold for 3 years. I've been an Xbox LIVE member for 3 years tho.

Pootcrum
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I am reasonably certain its a gold subscription, not just connected to Live.

ShaneForWax
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Well then it obviously don't count WHOLE years. Because my live has stagnated a few times.

Qonok
10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Anytime your Gold reverts to Silver it will reinitialize the counter when you restart Gold. It isn't "total" time but "consecutive" time that you had Gold, so to say. It is an incentive/reward by Microsoft for keeping your Gold up.

snipingheadshot
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Anytime your Gold reverts to Silver it will reinitialize the counter when you restart Gold. It isn't "total" time but "consecutive" time that you had Gold, so to say. It is an incentive/reward by Microsoft for keeping your Gold up.

That's not true. My gold ran out for several days and when I upgraded to gold again, it was still at 2 years. The counter is for how long ago you became a gold XBL member, but it only appears if you have gold (or something like that). My number changes on the same day every winter and I have gone back to silver several times.

Pootcrum
10-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Yeh I think there is some period whereby you can be silver between old subscription running out and new one starting and it will still count it as consecutive. At most I have only ever had a few weeks on silver, and my counter is still going.

beezee_boi
10-12-2010, 01:04 AM
I can't let my live go to silver I start getting stomach pains and shaking ahh it's terrible j/k but yeah they said (microsoft) that is was for consecutive years whether they told the truth or not I don't know ... They are kinda mischevious

Burning Karma
10-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeh I think there is some period whereby you can be silver between old subscription running out and new one starting and it will still count it as consecutive. At most I have only ever had a few weeks on silver, and my counter is still going.
It's definitely a short period, whatever it is. When initally connected to Live on Gold, it was during the summer of 2008. Yet I only have a 1 by my name. I let it lapse for a few months until Christmas of '08.

gamerguy69
10-12-2010, 02:04 AM
It's not consecutive it's cumulative. Want me to grab a dictionary? :p

You DO NOT get reset to 0 if/when your subscription reverts to Silver for ANY amount of time.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=972162&lcid=1033&category=xboxlive

I'm currently at 3 and I've seen a LIVE friend with 5. I believe the highest current "rank" may be a 7.

I've gone Silver for months at time since I've had my 360 beginning in December 2006.

Pootcrum
10-12-2010, 04:46 AM
Well its not a matter of using the wrong word, its actually a misunderstanding regarding the nature of the number then isn't it, I thought it meant that I have had Gold for 3 consecutive years, not 3 cumulative years.

Burning Karma
10-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Well its not a matter of using the wrong word, its actually a misunderstanding regarding the nature of the number then isn't it, I thought it meant that I have had Gold for 3 consecutive years, not 3 cumulative years.
Same here. Good to know that it is cumulative, though.