PDA

View Full Version : Do Exclusives Warrant a Console buy?

Pez
10-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Bonjour homies. Question for y'all.

As some as you may know I no longer own an Xbox 360, choosing instead to bat for Sony's side. If you didn't know this, I've not got that shit in my sig for nothing yo.

Anyways, after coming back here from one of my disappearing acts, it's making me want to get a 360. :p Which brings me to ask you the question I should've really asked you prior to typing out three useless paragraphs. Well, two and a half; the first is a pretty shitty excuse of a paragraph.

Do the current exclusives along with the upcoming ones warrant the purchase of an Xbox 360? I feel like I'm missing out not getting to play Halo: Reach, Alan Wake and shizzle like that.

Who knows, if I do get one you may well be privileged enough to game with me. ;)

On a completely different note - It's good to be back. How are you? :cool:

Pootcrum
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
In short, yep.

Pez
10-11-2010, 01:22 PM
In reply, you da man.

Gun-Nut
10-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I would have to say Yes I mean if you have the money to afford a 360 and its exclusives game every now and then there is no real reason not to pick one up.

I have a PS3 just so I can play the exclusive games that come out on the platform and its great! I just choose to stick with my 360 when it comes to multi-platform since its what I prefer.

Ligerblaze
10-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Well i guess i'll start out asking - why did you switch in the first place, instead of just owning both?

Then i'll ask, do you have the funds to buy something which you may not want, again, in a few months after you've finished the exclusives? Or will you also be using it for arcade and online, which would make it more useful?

I bought a PS3 for the exclusives and I feel it was a bit of a waste, but some aspects of it are nice (playing with other friends online). I dont think I would do it again, though.

Pez
10-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Well i guess i'll start out asking - why did you switch in the first place, instead of just owning both?

I have two minor problems. At least I see them as problems. I'm a massive impulse buyer. I tend not to think things through when it comes to purchases, which is why I'm trying to build some substance behind getting a 360 again.

I also like to mix things up a lot. I got bored with the 360. In fact I got bored with gaming. So I sold it and took up doing other stuff. I've now been re-enticed into the realm of gaming and still in trend with my need for change I want a 360 as well as a PS3. :p

You don't need to ask, I'll tell you, I'm a fecking weirdo.

Then i'll ask, do you have the funds to buy something which you may not want, again, in a few months after you've finished the exclusives? Or will you also be using it for arcade and online, which would make it more useful?

If it were to be bought it would be being used for just about all that it offers. The main reasons are that I don't like the feeling of not being able to play the good games I don't get for the PS3, and it's a nice change of gaming scenery right there on my doorstep should I feel the need to.

If I'd have thought the funds to be an issue I'd have never asked for the advice/opinions of you fine people. :)

guillermo316
10-11-2010, 01:50 PM
i guess but i would save an buy both

Ligerblaze
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I also like to mix things up a lot. I got bored with the 360. In fact I got bored with gaming. So I sold it and took up doing other stuff. I've now been re-enticed into the realm of gaming and still in trend with my need for change I want a 360 as well as a PS3. :p

Haha, didnt have to tell me that, i can already tell :p.

If you like to mix it up and be able to play all the new cool games, then go for it. You probably know from experience to be careful with the used consoles, though. If you haven't been in the "know", you should check out the new Slim console as well. Might be worth a purchase, i'm not sure.

Pez
10-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Haha, didnt have to tell me that, i can already tell :p.

If you like to mix it up and be able to play all the new cool games, then go for it. You probably know from experience to be careful with the used consoles, though. If you haven't been in the "know", you should check out the new Slim console as well. Might be worth a purchase, i'm not sure.

You're supposed to tell me I'm not a weirdo and perfectly normal! Cheers for the vote of confidence though! :p

I'm considering the Halo: Reach edition if I can still get my hands on a new one around here, at least then I'll get a copy of Halo: Reach and a second controller too.

Grant SK
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes.

PS3/Wii exclusives are the sole reasons I own Sony's/Nintendo's respective consoles. All my multiplatform third-party games are for Xbox 360. If I'm not playing Mario Kart or Uncharted, then those two other systems collect dust.

GrindPantera95
10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I've had my 360 for a nice amount of time so when it comes to other consoles it's normally strictly for exclusives. Especially since I have a higher tendency to get cross-platform games on the 360.

Br0kenAssass1n
10-11-2010, 05:27 PM
In answer to your question, yes. Alan Wake alone would be worth you spending your hard earned pennies and re-buying a 360.

Now onto the insults and nastiness for being so silly for selling such a majestic console. Ah, who am I kidding? I can't be mad at you. Get a 360 you bum!

I mean that in the nicest way, 'cos you know, calling someone a bum is almost affectionate around these parts.

rman0099
10-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Personally, I think the exclusives are more than worth it. ESPECIALLY Alan Wake. I haven't had a story of a game enthrall me like that for a LONG TIME if even ever.

As for the Halo Reach edition XBOX......good luck!

Hmm...not sure why the hyperlink isn't colored....just click for a link

DanTheManGum
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I have two minor problems. At least I see them as problems. I'm a massive impulse buyer. I tend not to think things through when it comes to purchases, which is why I'm trying to build some substance behind getting a 360 again.

If it were to be bought it would be being used for just about all that it offers. The main reasons are that I don't like the feeling of not being able to play the good games I don't get for the PS3, and it's a nice change of gaming scenery right there on my doorstep should I feel the need to.

If I'd have thought the funds to be an issue I'd have never asked for the advice/opinions of you fine people. :)

Absolutely buy another one. I dont own a PS3 but thats purely from a funds standpoint. If Kingdom Hearts 3 is exclusive though I'll be peddling plasma like a madman. Own both and KEEP them. As you said funds arent a problem and you may get that gaming itch again. Its always good to keep your consoles. I kept my 360 for almost 5 months before I actually decided to play it anymore.

Starstrukk X360A
10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Buy another one. I play all three consoles and it's nice to have that ability to try exclusives on more than just one platform.
As for games that are multi-platform, you could weigh your options (some consoles have better DLC, for example.)

WillScot55
10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I think it does
As much as I love my 360, i'd give anything to play 'Heavy Rain'

Eminent
10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Um yeah but I think you should sell the PS3 towards the Xbox 360 :D

iBlessing 09
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes they definately do Reach is amazing.

Danteire
10-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Do get a 360, but dont sell the PS3. Having access to all consoles is great as then theres no jealousy for games you cant play.

Plus, while the PS3 has a better slew of disc based exclusives (its true, dont bother geing your pants in a twist guys) the 360's XBLA lineup blows the PSN out of the water.

TuMaBlAcK
10-12-2010, 12:35 AM
I got my ps3 slim 120GB like a month ago off craigs for $200 and I'm liking it so far put all my movies and what not on the hard drive which I upgraded to a 500GB for only $50 and IMO Halo Reach was ok for me tried it at a friends house ended up selling my copy for $45 and Heavy Rain was way better than Alan Wake again IMO and I'm waiting on GT5 for PS3 already pre ordered always loved Gran Turismo since my ps1 so it was a no brainer and free online and web browser is always a plus. Just picked up a Bronze DSi XL W/ Pokemon Heart Gold from criagslist for $100 which was a steal and currently hooked on it LOL.

crazy W01f 816
10-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Ehh, only for Nintendo's exclusives. The PS3, IMO, still doesn't have enough good exclusives to justify a purchase.

Grant SK
10-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Plus, while the PS3 has a better slew of disc based exclusives (its true, dont bother geing your pants in a twist guys) the 360's XBLA lineup blows the PSN out of the water.

QFT. Sony has a ton of awesome exclusive titles.

And yeah, XBLA is much better than what PSN has to offer.

SassyLee571
10-12-2010, 12:45 AM
That is the reason why I have all 3 consoles don't want to feel like I'm missing out on anything.

beezee_boi
10-12-2010, 12:53 AM
The halo reach console is alright. I just can't wait to see if they're going to be coming out with a bundle for Gears of War 3. Which being a bettin man I would put money on but that is probably too far out of your timeline though, so yeah if you can find a brand new halo reach console that is reasonable go ahead. Plus make sure to set it on top of your ps3 like a bully giving a little kid a dirty taco. j/k

rvlution
10-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Not unless someones buying lol