PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have *serious* tips on not getting annoyed?

Mr Snipey
10-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Do you guys have any tips on how to not get f*cked off while playing Halo/COD online, or anything in fact?

TacticalTodger
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Well chances are if you get annoyed and people pick up on it, they will find more reason to piss you off. I'd turn off the microphone for a start.

Ligerblaze
10-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Try playing with friends where you guys can just talk and have a good time / work together. Other than that I'd say either turn your mic off or just take a break and chill out. Those games can get frustrating, and if you're not having fun, just turn it off.

Or you could make YouTube rant videos. Those are good too.

Grant SK
10-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I'd turn off the microphone for a start.

This.

CoD/Halo are annoying enough without some kid mouthing you when you're having a less than decent game.

Take a break after a bad game. Move onto something else and come back to it 30 minutes later. That works wonders, and it's a fool-proof method of not smashing your controller against the wall.

Pez
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Embrace it without becoming violent, much more satisfaction when you get one over the thing annoying you. Sticking it to the man, man. :cool:

I find shouting stuff tourettes-style while gaming is a sure-fire way to not only entertain yourself, but relieve the anger too. :D

Less so satisfying if you happen to smash a controller or snap a headset.

GrindPantera95
10-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Turn off your mic so if you do burst out nobody shouts you down for it. I'd say rotate your playlists, it adds variety and playing a bit of firefight in Reach or TDM in MW2 instead of say Team Swat or Search & Destroy consistently can relieve a bit of anger.

i NatrlKilla i
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Launching the controller and mic at the wall may calm you, but be careful, it can annoy family members :)

Seriously though, I usually put the controller down, and walk away, or give it to my brother. Both seem to work. Also, try not to play if you're already a bit stressed, because (for me anyway) you tend to get frustrated quicker.

True I Skill
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Dont talk trash down the Mic, it normaly makes all the players in the match want to kill you more and makes the game very competitive. Meaning getting killed will feel bad. Only play for fun not for the win.

I found a good way to Not break my controller when i get angry at a game, Instead of just throwing it down on the floor and taking your anger out on it. Just gently throw it up into the air, instead of getting mad, Make sure to catch it and by the time you catch it you've had time to think about how much a new controller would cost and how stupid taking your anger out on it would be. I've got a habbit now of throwing my controller into the air and catching it whenever i get annoyed on a game.

Apart from that just dont play the game, Games are suppose to be fun, if the game makes you mad just dont play it.

SKIBADABOMSKI
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Either quit and play something else or become obsessed and be so dam shit hot that no-one can touch you.

Then again I shouldn't be giving advice when only last weekend I head butted my PSP.

Bleeding Star
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
No mic helps and I generally mute anyone that talks whether they sound annoying or not

I also don't give a crap, seriously its a game, win or lose it changes nothing
There are far worse things I could be getting annoyed about

Maybe thats just me though

KeepEmRolling
10-11-2010, 03:56 PM
1. Play with friends
2. Mute your mic
3. Stop playing the game if it's no longer fun. Play something else or just take a break

Pez
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Then again I shouldn't be giving advice when only last weekend I head butted my PSP.

Hahaha that's brilliant!

I remember doing the same with PS2 controllers. :cool:

fuzzycat240
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Okay, you guys have helped him with his "not getting annoyed" problem. But do you have an answer for me. I keep getting guys that send me friend requests that just want to have cyber-sex with me. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Mr Snipey
10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm seriously thinking of taking a shit in the Reach case, wrapping it up and sending it back to Bungie.

Didi Mau
10-11-2010, 04:37 PM
If I ever find myself getting stressed at a game I just grab a cider and go watch a film instead; when I return I'm typically doing better than I was before, and if I'm not then I just give up for the day. That said I don't play games where the online is more than two people, so I don't know just how aggravating they can get.

Okay, you guys have helped him with his "not getting annoyed" problem. But do you have an answer for me. I keep getting guys that send me friend requests that just want to have cyber-sex with me. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

You could aways set your voice and text privacy settings to friends only, that way you'll still be able to recieve friend requests but not standard messages. I don't know if that prevents messages being sent INSIDE a friend request, but normally people send an additional message after the FR anyway (and if you don't recognise them, just delete the message before opening).

Grant SK
10-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I'd say rotate your playlists, it adds variety and playing a bit of firefight in Reach or TDM in MW2 instead of say Team Swat or Search & Destroy consistently can relieve a bit of anger.

SWAT actually makes me more angry than anything else on Reach, lol

I just found it really ironic that you'd say that.

Reach is frustrating simply because of the accuracy/rate of fire reticule. A lot of veteran players get even more mad at this game because pulling off headshots just doesn't feel like it should.

True I Skill
10-11-2010, 05:07 PM

Change your gamertag. Im unsure if your a girl or not.
But with a gamertag like that it seems like somthing a girl would have. As long as your not talking down the mic telling everyone your a girl, or bringing attention to yourself they should leave you alone. Or just leave a little message in your Bio saying that you are 12 years old and try to get some sort of official looking warning that FBI Are watching all messages being sent to your profile. that should scare them off.

KeepEmRolling
10-11-2010, 05:18 PM

Your bio has it pretty well covered, so I'm guessing you recently updated it. If they don't get the idea that you're just online to game from that, just block communications from any offending sender.

ylwshakr
10-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Go into your communication settings and change it to friends only. You will still get random friends request but no more text/voice messages and you will not hear anyone in game unless they are on your friends list.

I enjoy COD much more now.

fuzzycat240
10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Your bio has it pretty well covered, so I'm guessing you recently updated it. If they don't get the idea that you're just online to game from that, just block communications from any offending sender.
Thanks for the advice, that is pretty much what I have started doing. I just don't understand why it keeps happening. I just want to play games and chat with people
Thanks for the help! :)

GrindPantera95
10-11-2010, 08:38 PM
SWAT actually makes me more angry than anything else on Reach, lol

I just found it really ironic that you'd say that.

Reach is frustrating simply because of the accuracy/rate of fire reticule. A lot of veteran players get even more mad at this game because pulling off headshots just doesn't feel like it should.

Well I meant it as if you play Team SWAT consistently you'll get angrier at it then you would playing on and off.

iBlessing 09
10-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Stop playing, that's as serious as it gets. When I get mad I just turn my Xbox off and do something else.

Vanilla Coke Zero
10-12-2010, 05:34 AM
just realize that it's just a game. it will mean absolutely nothing in a few years.

Snowwwwy
10-12-2010, 05:45 AM
I guess just stop playing for a bit, not much else you can do.

Chaosx721
10-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Try sucking less.

Cable Player
10-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Take your mic out is the number 1 thing to do. 90% of the time it works for me.
But if you're still going after that, turn your xbox off and leave it for the day.

Did you know your IQ temporarily decreases when you're angry... So if your getting pissed with the 12 year olds on halo, or us Lt. Colonols ( ;P ) just switch off and leave it for the day.

TacticalTodger
10-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Hahaha that's brilliant!

I remember doing the same with PS2 controllers. :cool:
Omg I'm not the only one the analogue cushions it :l

Jakez123
10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Take your mic out is the number 1 thing to do. 90% of the time it works for me.
But if you're still going after that, turn your xbox off and leave it for the day.

Did you know your IQ temporarily decreases when you're angry... So if your getting pissed with the 12 year olds on halo, or us Lt. Colonols ( ;P ) just switch off and leave it for the day.

Dont make me laugh, let alone angry.

On topic, if your on halo or something like COD just play another game because them games DO get frustrating, play a nice relaxing game like hannah montannah or my horse and me 2.

master_shake_350
10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Either turn the sound down or don't play online at all, its over the internet so of course people are going to be annoying.

Mr Snipey
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Either turn the sound down or don't play online at all, its over the internet so of course people are going to be annoying.

It's not other people who annoy me normally, I get annoyed with myself for not doing well enough.

CONKER1182
10-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Just ignore them their are assholes everywhere.

NomoreNiceGuy
10-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Yup, turn of the mic and if you hear them trough the TV you can use mute

UltimateAuron32
10-13-2010, 01:57 AM
boy can i relate to this guys problem! im just attempting to go through Halo 3 on Legendary solo and christ did i want to hurt something!

The games not really harder, just cheaper in its tactics, like Jackals who can seemingly Beam Rifle me through solid objects, or grunts that can magically appear behind me and plasma grenade my arse...

DogSoldier255
10-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Not particularly i tend to have the same problem as your here. The one thing i do if i get reallt annoyed is just to turn off the console and chill out for a bit.

wexnlex
10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't get super pissed at other people, but I dont play with a mic so I ussually just say motherfker and keep playing. Bonus points if you can knife who is annoying you. That seems to help lots.

Andreas_loel
10-14-2010, 10:48 AM
For MW2 play teamtac and dont use the noobtube, because when you start using that everyone follows and the game turns to shit.

For halo (reach?) Avoid swat on too big maps, avoid elite slayers. Roll with something that spawns you with a dmr, because when you master that shit you can only blame yourself for your screwups. Avoid rushing around like a fucktard and always try to keep yourself posted on where enemies are so you dont end up getting 4 in your ass

Deathlorddanny
10-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Im a serioud COD/Halo player and the best way that i found is to just chill. Laugh at whats happens to you. If you find that you just missed a no scope and the guy turns around and embarrass' you, then just laugh it off. you have to realize that its just funny, and nothing else!

Ways i deal with annoyment:

TAKE A BREAK!!

(can not stress this enough, go do something else till you cool down or play a different game, i recommend go getting some food)

Change your play style!

(Think about what role your playing like if your playing attack all the time and its not working then just camp it out) (works great)

Tsaako
10-15-2010, 01:34 AM
If your a smoker, having a cig usually helps with being stressed.

GhOsT SLaYeR
10-15-2010, 02:17 AM
just rage quit.. a lot of people seem to do it ;)

uh... like many suggestions play with friends
joke around every few games and not take it serious at all... (even tho your teammates get mad at you for doing this...) it can relieve anger.