PDA

View Full Version : Random Updates

the_b1ues
10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I keep getting random update when i go on games does anyone esle get these and no why?

Shelton
10-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Clear your cache, should fix it.

SSJ3
10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
You must have cleared your system cache.

the_b1ues
10-11-2010, 03:31 PM
You must have cleared your system cache.

ive never cleared as i have never wanted to reset gears rank. The thing is ill update a game go on it again couple days later and i have to do it again.

Shelton
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
ive never cleared as i have never wanted to reset gears rank. The thing is ill update a game go on it again couple days later and i have to do it again.

Well, either learn to live with it, or forget about your Gears rank and clear the cache. Those are pretty much your options. I'm 99% sure that clearing the cache will fix the random update problem.

SSJ3
10-11-2010, 03:38 PM

You'll have to deal with it then, it only takes a few seconds anyway.

the_b1ues
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
You'll have to deal with it then, it only takes a few seconds anyway.

yeh thought there might be a reason maybe my xbox wasnt saving the updates or something no matter

CovertDog
10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
If you are switching between games and getting an update for both of them, it probably a conflicting updates. For instance, if you switch between BF2 and Hawxs 2 you get a conflicting update. This are updates that are usually for fixing a system problems (mics, graphic, etc). Say you have game A an B and update A and B. Game A uses update A for in game communication problem. If you put in game B, the system has to switch it update B for in game communication. This overwrites update A. So when you switch to game A again, the system then has to download update A again.

dakisbac
10-11-2010, 06:15 PM
If you are switching between games and getting an update for both of them, it probably a conflicting updates. For instance, if you switch between BF2 and Hawxs 2 you get a conflicting update. This are updates that are usually for fixing a system problems (mics, graphic, etc). Say you have game A an B and update A and B. Game A uses update A for in game communication problem. If you put in game B, the system has to switch it update B for in game communication. This overwrites update A. So when you switch to game A again, the system then has to download update A again.

Hmm, this is news to me. I thought that when this happens that just means your memory unit can't hold anymore updates so when you add a new one it deletes another.

Either way though, we know that clearing the cache will solve your problem. You won't lose your Gears rank just by clearing the cache, it only happens if you clear your cache then play Gears without updating it again.

CovertDog
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Hmm, this is news to me. I thought that when this happens that just means your memory unit can't hold anymore updates so when you add a new one it deletes another.

I'm basing it on what happened with the first Gears. It had a mic problem and when they updated it conflicted with a lot of other games and you got the constant update thing. So when it happened with other games I assumed that was the reason, but it may not be either.

chickenhead87
10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I had that problem every single game would update even if i played it 10mins before hand unfortunately my resolution of the Halo Reach console came out and i got that and now dont have the problem wont help but i think what Shelton said above is the only way to make it stop such a pain in the ass.

TacticalTodger
10-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Clearing cache resets your gow 1 or 2 rank?

dakisbac
10-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Clearing cache resets your gow 1 or 2 rank?

No.

If you clear the cache you will delete the update that added the current rank system on Gears 2, but if you install the update again before playing you'll notice no change. It's only if you remove the update then play offline (ie, without reinstalling the update) that causes your rank to reset.