PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Disk!

plan B
10-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I bought mercenaries 2 about a month ago and have never got around to playing it, so I decide to play it today and when I get to the main menu it freezes, I tried installing to my hardrive but It still freezes at the exact same spot =[

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ty

SSJ3
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Take it back to the store?

ansotica
10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
you should still be able to give it back. or did you lose the receipt?

plan B
10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Take it back to the store?

I would but the store only has a 2 week return policy and the disk looks fine =/

SSJ3
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Go back anyway and make a fuss about it, This is why I always check my games after I buy them.

Bleeding Star
10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I would but the store only has a 2 week return policy and the disk looks fine =/

It was probably cheap, buy another copy, replace disc with the failing disc, return it as faulty for refund

Take it as a lesson to ALWAYS try preowned games the day you buy them, you can easily then take it out and carry on with your other game and you'll know it works then

plan B
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
It was probably cheap, buy another copy, replace disc with the failing disc, return it as faulty for refund

Haha thats a really great idea and it was cheap, like 4, just need to see if they have it in =/

Gun-Nut
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
It installed to HDD fine? if so I see no reason its freezing at the menu screen it would not be due to a disc fault if its on the HDD.

All I can suggest is clearing the cache if you downloaded an update for it and see if works without the update.

plan B
10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
It installed to HDD fine? if so I see no reason its freezing at the menu screen it would not be due to a disc fault if its on the HDD.

All I can suggest is clearing the cache if you downloaded an update for it and see if works without the update.

Ill try clearing my cache later, and yeah I know I was confused after it installed onto the hdd fine and froze at the same spot =/

the Damage617
10-12-2010, 12:28 AM
I bought mercenaries 2 about a month ago and have never got around to playing it, so I decide to play it today and when I get to the main menu it freezes, I tried installing to my hardrive but It still freezes at the exact same spot =[

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ty

Dude this is rather weird. I never played the first Mercenaries. But awhile ago I picked up the 2nd one at my local gamestop it was like 9 dollars or something stupid so I decided to try it out. And the same exact thing happened to me, I could never get into the main menu it would automatically freeze on me so I gave up and brought it back and got store credit. So I still have never played Mercenaries 2.

But like everyone else said def try the game out right away especially if its used. Just to be safe.

:drunk