PDA

View Full Version : GFWL question

SteeVSRT
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Me and my roommate like to split the cost of games a lot and were wondering if GFWL games can be played by two people off one copy. Install and register on my laptop and then can he log in a play it? I don't have any GFWL yet and not really sure how it works. Thanks in advance.

Gun-Nut
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I've had it work with a few titles some that come to mind are Gears of War, GTA IV & Fallout 3 but I got DiRT 2 and that seems to lock the key to one account I'm not sure how many games do this for all I know it could just be a Codemasters thing.

MangledRex
10-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I've just tried Shadowrun, Red Faction,Dawn of War 2 and Street Fighter IV with a different gamertag than the one i purchased them with and they seem to work fine...I also tried** Dark Void but that wouldn't work...I had recently uninstalled most of my other gfwl games :/

SteeVSRT
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the fast responses. Should try to get a list of this started since there is no way I'm the only one who's wondered this.

Gun-Nut
10-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the fast responses. Should try to get a list of this started since there is no way I'm the only one who's wondered this.

Would be useful since I tend to install the games for family also so can do Multiplayer but I guess the list so far is Dark Void and DiRT 2 all the others I own seem to work with more then one tag I can make that into a list :)

Batman: Arkham Asylum
BioShock 2
Fallout 3
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
FUEL
Gears of War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Halo 2
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Red Faction: Guerrilla
The Club

Above have been working just fine for me on multipe computers at the same time :)