PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 3 User Review/Q&A

Sticki
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey guys! I just wanted to share my thoughts and review very briefly of what I think of this game. Honestly, it's great, no disappointment from the last game. I will say this though, I do not like the setlist because I am more into hardcore/screamo but it's still a fun setlist.

I'll talk about more features when I get to them.

Also, ask any questions and I will try to answer them or find them out in the game.

mikachu93
10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
According to a surprising number of players who got the game early, Black Hole Sun and Dani California are (for reasons unknown) missing from the Rock Band section in the Music Library. If you have DLC from either band (Soundgarden or the Chili Peppers), can you confirm or deny that any other songs are playable?

I've seen too many reports from too many different people for it to be coincidence.

Sticki
10-11-2010, 05:25 PM
According to a surprising number of players who got the game early, Black Hole Sun and Dani California are (for reasons unknown) missing from the Rock Band section in the Music Library. If you have DLC from either band (Soundgarden or the Chili Peppers), can you confirm or deny that any other songs are playable?

I've seen too many reports from too many different people for it to be coincidence.

So far, I haven't unlocked any songs by either band. But I'll keep an eye out for em and post back if any do show.

ponypo2001
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
So far, I haven't unlocked any songs by either band. But I'll keep an eye out for em and post back if any do show.

They're DLC you buy, not unlocks.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
10-14-2010, 06:15 AM
dont get me wrong i think the game is ok but tbh just feels like rock band 2.5 , rockband 2 with colourful visuals and the ability to play the piano other than that nothing new also im dissapointed theres no career ? just challenges etc...

SebastianSB
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
dont get me wrong i think the game is ok but tbh just feels like rock band 2.5 , rockband 2 with colourful visuals and the ability to play the piano other than that nothing new also im dissapointed theres no career ? just challenges etc...

...pro mode.

You know, the most massive change made to any music game ever? Obviously you can't play it yet since it's pretty hard to leak peripherals, but calling this Rock Band 2.5 when it's gone through the most major changes any music game ever has is, well... stupid.

ponypo2001
10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
...pro mode.

You know, the most massive change made to any music game ever? Obviously you can't play it yet since it's pretty hard to leak peripherals, but calling this Rock Band 2.5 when it's gone through the most major changes any music game ever has is, well... stupid.

This is one of the best replies I've EVER read on these forums. Spot on mate, spot on.

Poisonheadcrab
10-14-2010, 10:09 PM

I may go look myself. While doing the road challenges, I DID get an option for an RHCP list, but that is the road challenges, not quick play...I'll be back with what the game gives me.

EDIT: Note that this is after a title update that apparently they've put up within the last 2-3 days.

I can confirm that Dani California is NOT on my list of QP songs. Forgot the check for Black Hole Sun, but I'm sure it is not on there either.

mikachu93
10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I may go look myself. While doing the road challenges, I DID get an option for an RHCP list, but that is the road challenges, not quick play...I'll be back with what the game gives me.
Thanks. It concerns me that two songs I payed to export months ago would suddenly stop working with no explanation whatsoever.

JohnnyR74
10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Is it true that Breakneck Speed doesn't work in practice mode, like TBRB and GDRB? If so, that is a huge letdown for me. I eventually worked my way into playing with BNS, and it's so difficult to play otherwise.

SebastianSB
10-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Thanks. It concerns me that two songs I payed to export months ago would suddenly stop working with no explanation whatsoever.

Sounds like a freak incident, so I'd expect some minor patch or something. I doubt this will remain a problem.

NoThru22
10-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Theories being floated for the missing tracks:

1. Guitar Hero RHCP is rumored.
2. Soundgarden may be exclusive to Guitar Hero after they had their greatest hits come packed into the latest (bomb of a) game.

I think it's BS if they can take these tracks away.

Also, almost all of the DLC from the week that the Tenacious D songs came out is missing. Rock Your Socks, the two Dinosaur Jr., the two Guess Who, and the Anvil pack are all missing, but that might be from some kind of error. Only the other Tenacious D track works from that week.

SebastianSB
10-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Theories being floated for the missing tracks:

1. Guitar Hero RHCP is rumored.
2. Soundgarden may be exclusive to Guitar Hero after they had their greatest hits come packed into the latest (bomb of a) game.

I think it's BS if they can take these tracks away.

Also, almost all of the DLC from the week that the Tenacious D songs came out is missing. Rock Your Socks, the two Dinosaur Jr., the two Guess Who, and the Anvil pack are all missing, but that might be from some kind of error. Only the other Tenacious D track works from that week.

Everything here is almost guaranteed to be an error. Even if RHCP was somehow exclusive to GH now it wouldn't effect old DLC/exports. Wait on word and/or a patch from HMX.

Buddha DS9
10-18-2010, 09:33 PM
here's a simple one that i have had a hard time finding an answer to.

ONLINE multi-player. what's new? lol, that's it, thanks ;)

ChiccoC1
10-19-2010, 05:37 PM
No career? The challenges are included in your career trip, you go from crappy locals to super gigfest like the other one, but instead of doing stupid powers related stuff like GHWOR, the game will reward you for doing simple important things, like playing note series or deploy overdrive with max multiplier.
Rock Band 2.5 ? With Pro Guitar, Pro Bass, Pro Drums, Keyboard, Harmonies and one of the best integration between menu and actual playing? Not to mention the online improvements and the crazy community support?
What were you expecting from a new Rock Band, crazy fans coming for real into your room after a FC ?

NoThru22
10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
If you're going to use the 2.5 comparison, I'd say it feels more like Rock Band 4 or 4.5 in comparison to Rock Band 1 -> 2.

yippy smalz
10-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Can you use the ion drums for pro drums?

TwistedFate
10-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Can you use the ion drums for pro drums?

Yes. (10 chars)

Braiiins
10-24-2010, 04:37 AM
I started playing it today, I really liked it. I was confused by some of the menus and stuff and had to ask how to do/get to a lot of stuff.

PHART007
10-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to ask a question ready for next week when i get mine. :)

How do you go about exporting your Rock Band 2 songs over to RB3 ?

The only code i have on the back of my RB2 instructions is for the 20 free dlc songs, so i was just wondering how you go about putting RB2 songs onto your hard drive like RB1, Lego, AC-DC etc ??

mikachu93
10-24-2010, 12:18 PM

The only code i have on the back of my RB2 instructions is for the 20 free dlc songs, so i was just wondering how you go about putting RB2 songs onto your hard drive like RB1, Lego, AC-DC etc ??
Hasn't been announced yet.

Braiiins
10-24-2010, 02:26 PM

I think there's going to be an update around Tuesday that will allow you to access an export menu on RB2.

Chazzi27
10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm really excited about this game...it's got one of the best Set Lists I've seen in a Rhythm game (I haven't really been a fan of harder stuff since High School lol) and now we only have a day left till it drops...so yay!

Weeeezy Carter
10-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Actually it does feel like 2.5 if you are using old instruments. The pro mode features are impressive but the majority of RB/music genre players are casual gamers. The lack of a structured career mode is a let down. The setlist is lethargic & dated and I'm kind of surprised at the lack of a decent mix.

Don't get me wrong I am sure the RB3 will grow on me eventually, but it hasn't exactly blown my socks off. Its stock should rise when I'm able to link everything and play my dlc.

Judging from the prior remarks from fanboys, if you don't like or agree with my opinion you can build a bridge and get over it.

NoThru22
10-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Actually it does feel like 2.5 if you are using old instruments. The pro mode features are impressive but the majority of RB/music genre players are casual gamers. The lack of a structured career mode is a let down. The setlist is lethargic & dated and I'm kind of surprised at the lack of a decent mix.

Don't get me wrong I am sure the RB3 will grow on me eventually, but it hasn't exactly blown my socks off. Its stock should rise when I'm able to link everything and play my dlc.

Judging from the prior remarks from fanboys, if you don't like or agree with my opinion you can build a bridge and get over it.
(Despite the fact that I'm playing Pro Drums) The update song tracking makes this feel like Rock Band 6.5, especially for those of us with 1,000+ songs.

Creed Braton
10-25-2010, 04:49 AM
my guess people who say its like rock band 2.5 Havent played it yet. I havent played it yet but I'm very excited for it. BUT i can imagine people who haven't played it thinking its a mere expansion. its like people who say fallout new vegas is an expansion of fallout 3. yes, its a similar game, but i dont remember an expansion ever being that large!

onua694
10-26-2010, 10:37 AM
On another note, a "vast majority" of rb2 songs are exportable.

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 11:02 AM
On another note, a "vast majority" of rb2 songs are exportable.

All except Give It Away, Any Way You Want It, Battery, Spoonman, and Let There Be Rock.

daenius
10-26-2010, 12:03 PM
All except Give It Away, Any Way You Want It, Battery, Spoonman, and Let There Be Rock.

What about exporting RB1, AC/DC and Green Day:RB? Is there an extra fee for each export or are they automatically exported?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 12:05 PM
What about exporting RB1, AC/DC and Green Day:RB? Is there an extra fee for each export or are they automatically exported?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

You never have to pay for songs that are already on your hard drive.