PDA

View Full Version : Monaco is an Acheivement Treasure trove.

DrkStar47
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
I suppose this strategy could be used for any track, but I was looking for a way to get: Unforgetable - In single player take pole position and win in Monaco.

Monaco is a very challenging track. From extreme corners, to tough pitting, this track can kick your butt. Heavy Rain track setting is a great equalizer.

With all assists on including the noob line and auto braking, etc. I set up a Grand Prix Race at Monaco in heavy rain with 20% laps and a long race weekend. I kept the Line on all the time so it would be easier to see the track, even in traffic. The AI was also set on Amature, and all the sim settings were off. I too chose the fastest Dry setting from the engineer. I tweeked the gear box setting to increase top and bottom-end but that is my preference.

By following the line and in heavy rain your times should be from 3 to 8 seconds faster than your competition in practice, qualifying and on race day. Because the AI seems to be less agressive in heavy rain conditions, it is a lot easier to get all the fastest practice lap, sector times and capture the pole. During the race, because you are in rain, you don't have to pit, so the pit glitch is nulified.

I was able to get 5 chevos while trying to get this one. When it was all done, I was able to get: Rain Meister-You won a single player Grand Prix of 20% distance or higher in heavy rain, Full house-You were fastest in practice, qualified on pole and finished first in a single player event, Made perfect-You placed first at the end of all 3 Practice Sessions of a race weekend, Clean sweep-You qualified in pole position with the fastest time in each sector in a single player game.

I reloaded with the same settings, went right to race so I would be in 24th spot in the grid and got: Against all odds-You won a single player race after starting in last place.

Bottom-line, on one of the toughest tracks in the game I was able to score 6 achievements.

Good Luck

CaRvErS HeRe
10-13-2010, 12:07 AM
cool cheers mate shall give it a go

ian333333
10-21-2010, 07:29 PM
monaco in the rain qualified pole used "safety car" tactics as i was spinnin out all the time with assists off so goin slowly an blockin everyone behind me worked great, as it was my 1st season with lotus i even got trulli into the points as he was one of the 1st drivers to pit an when they came outa the pits they rejoined the train behind me

Sgt Mole
11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
There's potentially another 4 'cheives you can get at this race, they can be done at others but if your going for maximum 'cheivage from 1 race you can do them here, so you could get 10 from 1 race!

The other 4 are for driving with manual gears, driving the whole race in cockpit view, winning a race using your own car setup, and using a flashback then going on to win the race

nevermindaboutme
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Followed this. Couldn't get anywhere clear of the A.I. at all and then in the second to last corner Massa just steams past me. It was rediculous, took me four goes to stay in first after the first corner (apparently the A.I. can overtake by skipping a corner) because after they were in front of me I couldn't catch them, was a Red Bull too =/

Nostromo1976
04-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Nice, I am going to give this a go as Monaco is my nemisis, thank you for the info. Love getting achievements, have not been relishing getting the Monaco win though as I am pretty much always holding up the back of the field by the time 20% race distance comes round. Cheers

TekkerzLAD 7
05-28-2011, 06:15 PM
thanks for post was wondering how to get this one.