PDA

View Full Version : Does Expert Pop with Modded Settings?

Lordacris
10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Hello guys n girls,

Has anyone started an Expert season, changed say the gear changes to automatic and still had the achievement pop? As the AI, fuel and damage etc is still on Expert but the assists are custom? Does that work at all?

pdean52
10-12-2010, 09:25 AM
i honestly don't think that would work but i'd be interested to hear if it does as when it comes to this achievement i can't bear the thought of having to use a sequential manual gearbox. i got the manual gearbox achievement but on an easy course (1 lap of monza) from pole and it was not a pretty sight.

i'm thinking of investing in a wheel just to make this particular achievement closer to becoming a reality for me. seems like it would be easier to use the manual shift with the paddles.

Slowinfastout
10-12-2010, 09:54 AM
I got this achievement last night but i didn't change the settings from expert once, so I don't know if that way would work. I got a bit worried that I didn't get it first because I won the championship in Brazil and the double champ achievement unlocked but not expert, but after the Abu Dhabi race it did.

f1ferrari
10-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Changing anything during that season away from expert setting will void the achievement and you'll have to get it next season.

pdean52
10-12-2010, 10:17 AM
what's the general consensus of the difficulty on getting this achievement everyone? more people seem to be picking it up than i had expected to see, specially so early in the life cycle of the game.

i'm thinking this will be my last achievement to 100% the game and i'm not sure i have the skill or patience to achieve it, but then i've read other threads saying it's not really all that difficult.

plus are you playing with a controller or a wheel? i really don't get on with manual gear changes with a controller but again i'm not sure if this is just me being pig headed and not embracing change.....

f1ferrari
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
right now it's not that hard, after the patch, will be a different story, if that all you need to 1k it, then do it. I'm in no rush to be honest, it's not like the achievements are miss-able, I'll get everyone at some point, mainly when I stop going online lol.

Slowinfastout
10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
what's the general consensus of the difficulty on getting this achievement everyone? more people seem to be picking it up than i had expected to see, specially so early in the life cycle of the game.

i'm thinking this will be my last achievement to 100% the game and i'm not sure i have the skill or patience to achieve it, but then i've read other threads saying it's not really all that difficult.

plus are you playing with a controller or a wheel? i really don't get on with manual gear changes with a controller but again i'm not sure if this is just me being pig headed and not embracing change.....

I used a controller to get the achievement and once you get used to changing the gears it's not all that bad. Some of the tracks I had diffuculty with and some others I found easier. The more you use the manual gears the more you'll get used to them. Just keep practicing and you'll get there.

Shelton
10-12-2010, 10:50 AM
right now it's not that hard, after the patch, will be a different story, if that all you need to 1k it, then do it. I'm in no rush to be honest, it's not like the achievements are miss-able, I'll get everyone at some point, mainly when I stop going online lol.

Can you explain your reasoning behind this? The patch is supposed to fix the pit bug (getting stuck in the pits for a long time) and also the AI not pitting. Both of these work against you... What is coming in the patch that is going to make it harder?

defiant4eva
10-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Can you explain your reasoning behind this? The patch is supposed to fix the pit bug (getting stuck in the pits for a long time) and also the AI not pitting. Both of these work against you... What is coming in the patch that is going to make it harder?

The patch is also going to fix the AI lap times. As the AI are driving slower than they should on some of the circuits and races. It wll apparently fix the pit release glitch, the AI not pitting glitch. The online raceline and sound glitch.

f1ferrari
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM

in a nut shell we have all noticed, at least I know a lot on here have noticed the AI are strong at some places and very weak at other tracks, with the patch we will see the AI being more consistent with their racing, and becoming much stronger and unless your in a good team I feel that the racing will become much harder which lets face it, is what we want.
Unless your in a top team with Legendry AI you should not be able to consistently do well with a lotus for example, more Malaysia experiences will be felt throughout the season struggling to stay on pace. the pit bug is more of an annoyance, changing the strategy removes this annoyance some what, although this does not prevent you from experiencing teams not pitting.

So with the AI tweeks I feel this will make it harder for some CM have already said they are looking into the AI race pace. We'll only know on patch day 1 if this is the case. just my feelings right now.

OctagonQontrol
10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Just an idea... Since you start a season on Expert, with autosave on, it will save the moment you select "Go to Track" on race day and then only save after you finished. Afaik, there is no save-point in between.

So my reasoning, for anyone who got time to try it, start a race in Expert, once the lights go Green, switch to any custom assist setting, race the race to 1st and before finishing, switch back to Expert again?

defiant4eva
10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Just an idea... Since you start a season on Expert, with autosave on, it will save the moment you select "Go to Track" on race day and then only save after you finished. Afaik, there is no save-point in between.

So my reasoning, for anyone who got time to try it, start a race in Expert, once the lights go Green, switch to any custom assist setting, race the race to 1st and before finishing, switch back to Expert again?

Thats an intresting idea, however I think the game records the stats through the race. So even though it saves at the start and end. It will still have noticed you switch on and off assists.

OctagonQontrol
10-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Thats an intresting idea, however I think the game records the stats through the race. So even though it saves at the start and end. It will still have noticed you switch on and off assists.
You might have something there... What's being recorded? Fastest laptime, top speed and finishing place. Maybe, but unsure, don't use any replay as well because that needs interfering with what you done in the last 20s or so.

I might give it a go though; about to start season 3 (out of 3) for the triple WDC-cheevo but I can always do Expert on the 7-season-cheevo as well...

Anyone got a way of tracking how many races you completed on Expert? Probably not...:confused:

defiant4eva
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Anyone got a way of tracking how many races you completed on Expert? Probably not...:confused:
I record all my results on excel. what assist I use, AI diff weather, tyre sim, etc etc. Because the game does keep that much detail. Which is a shame...

Xterm1n8or
10-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I have a question hopefully you guys can help...

I'm half way through my season on expert and in the lead. Between a few of the races I have done some single player grand prixs with custom settings. After doing these I have gone back into career and the difficulty has automatically changed to "custom". Each time I changed it back to expert and carried on with the season.

This has happened a few times, will I still get the achievement?

defiant4eva
10-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Since this thread is talking about ways to trick/glitch the Expert achievement. I thought I would post this here.

I was looking at the description of the Expert achievement "Win the Formula 1 Drivers' Championship on the Expert Difficulty setting" and I thought maybe you can do it in Grand prix mode, as it does not mention anthing about career mode. So I set it up on race only, 1 lap and expert.

Guess what??? EPIC FAIL.

So anyone else thinking of doing it this way, don't waste your time. I will say this, The AI career times might be a bit slow in some races, but in GRAND PRIX mode. They are unbelievably quick.

ARC Trooper
10-13-2010, 05:04 PM
I can confirm this does work, I have been trying this since the weekend and unlocked the expert achievement this morning.

The way I was doing it was as follows:
Start the race weekend with the difficulty set to Expert (obviously)!
Now once I was in a session (Practice, Qualifying & Race) I would go to the track and once I was in control of the car I would pause the game and turn on the assists I wanted. Then before returning to the pits or finishing the race I would turn all the assists off again so it said Expert again at the top. Also if I needed to restart the session/race I would turn the assists off before doing so and then on again after restarting.
I don't know if you need to turn the assists off when restarting but I didn't want to risk it.
This way when you return to the paddock after the race it still says Expert on the difficulty when starting the next race.
Doing this I won the Championship after Singapore, crashed out of the rest of the races and the achievement unlocked on the Championship Standings screen after the last race.

Hope this helps.

defiant4eva
10-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I can confirm this does work, I have been trying this since the weekend and unlocked the expert achievement this morning.

Now once I was in a session (Practice, Qualifying & Race) I would go to the track and once I was in control of the car I would pause the game and turn on the assists I wanted. Then before returning to the pits or finishing the race I would turn all the assists off again so it said Expert again at the top. Also if I needed to restart the session/race I would turn the assists off before doing so and then on again after restarting.
I don't know if you need to turn the assists off when restarting but I didn't want to risk it.
This way when you return to the paddock after the race it still says Expert on the difficulty when starting the next race.
Doing this I won the Championship after Singapore, crashed out of the rest of the races and the achievement unlocked on the Championship Standings screen after the last race.

Hope this helps.

Sweet, I can now finish the rest of my expert season, with less stress. Nice research dude big props. Am also guessing, but you know CM will patch this soon. So get it quick everyone.

mark21667
10-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes, but it can be done offline, patch free. This was the one cheev Ithought I'd miss out on.

OctagonQontrol
10-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Sweeeet news... Will see if I get this as well this week; not much time tomorrow but hope to make a big dent in Expert season on Friday.

Xterm1n8or
10-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow that's annoying, everyone will have the 1000 on this game, a lot of them illegitamately. Meh, they'll get found out when they play online :P

Shelton
10-14-2010, 04:31 AM
Wow that's annoying, everyone will have the 1000 on this game, a lot of them illegitamately. Meh, they'll get found out when they play online :P

This sort of thing occurs more often than not. Blame the developer for including the loophole. I used to argue with people all the time, that these methods are "cheap". Now, I just accept it. If you get it legit, you have the pride and satisfaction.

I'll put this in my guide, as it helps people and is not against the rules.

pdean52
10-14-2010, 08:46 AM
well i'm rather pleased to hear this.

i will now "cheat" my way through the 2nd season to unlock what i thought was going to be a hard achievement. in all honesty i think the rank 50 online was always going to be the hardest anyway due to the sheer time involved.

i play on average only a few hours online a week and my xp is around the 40k mark currently which means i have absolutely months to go before i'm anywhere near 1,000,000.......!!

Xterm1n8or
10-14-2010, 12:17 PM
This sort of thing occurs more often than not. Blame the developer for including the loophole. I used to argue with people all the time, that these methods are "cheap". Now, I just accept it. If you get it legit, you have the pride and satisfaction.

I'll put this in my guide, as it helps people and is not against the rules.

Yeah I don't mind to be honest. To be honest I don't think this makes it a lot easier anyway, once you get used to having TC and ABS turned off it's actually easier to play with assists off, a lot faster, and a lot more fun because you are always on the edge.

Lordacris
10-14-2010, 03:12 PM

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Just what I was after, does this work after the recent patch and connected to live?

pdean52
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks! Just what I was after, does this work after the recent patch and connected to live?

has there been a patch then and if so what did it address?

:confused:

OctagonQontrol
10-14-2010, 03:31 PM
a) What patch?
b) If patched, then not work

c) Once game asks for a patch, just ignore it, disconnect 360 from XBL, get cheevo, patch, play online.

jacobite
10-14-2010, 03:31 PM
No patch that iv noticed (UK here) I had to clear cache yesterday and nothing was added when I stuck F1 back in the drive.

tmg100
10-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Im just about to start a 4th season with McLaren, when i goto new season can i select expert from there and play through the year, or does it have to be a new career and then start on expert?

Ive heard differnet people talking about it online that they have flicked to expert at the begining of a season and the middle of a career and they haven't had the cheevie pop?

Anyone know any different?

Slowinfastout
10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Im just about to start a 4th season with McLaren, when i goto new season can i select expert from there and play through the year, or does it have to be a new career and then start on expert?

Ive heard differnet people talking about it online that they have flicked to expert at the begining of a season and the middle of a career and they haven't had the cheevie pop?

Anyone know any different?

Yes you can start at the beginning of a new season. I did it on the second season after doing my first season on medium/hard.