PDA

View Full Version : Single player experience = pure nostalgia.

stuhp
10-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I dunno why, but after playing the campaign a wee bit, I feel nothing but a want to pick up my old Frontline and Rising Sun titles. That's a pretty big win on EA LA's part. :)

xDevilDawg64x
10-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Ok, I guess that is a good thing.

stuhp
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Ok, I guess that is a good thing.

Yes and no, for some. Yes, because the game plays just like the old titles. No, because ... well, the game plays just like the old titles. I won't lie to you, some of the stuff that happens in the campaign is pretty old school - and cheesy. But damn that's the shit I remember from the good old days! You know, when there was no such thing as achievements? :)

mattshotcha
10-12-2010, 11:57 PM
yeah and then an hour later when you've already beaten the campaign on hard, you wanna get yer money back...

stuhp
10-12-2010, 11:58 PM
yeah and then an hour later when you've already beaten the campaign on hard, you wanna get yer money back...

lol u mad?

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 12:06 AM
lol u mad?
gettin' mad would imply that i'm somehow beat... and no i'm not beat... this game ain't worth 60 bones tho...

stuhp
10-13-2010, 12:13 AM
gettin' mad would imply that i'm somehow beat... and no i'm not beat... this game ain't worth 60 bones tho... Suit yourself, Mr. Ellipsis.

You look like you at least played a bit of the multiplayer, though. Still think it's a bad buy? :D

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Suit yourself, Mr. Ellipsis.

You look like you at least played a bit of the multiplayer, though. Still think it's a bad buy? :D
umm absolutely... when was the last time you couldn't go prone in a multiplayer??? that's just stupid... and so far the connection issues and lag problems make the multiplayer element erratic at best...

imatt B4M
10-13-2010, 12:38 AM
umm absolutely... when was the last time you couldn't go prone in a multiplayer??? that's just stupid... and so far the connection issues and lag problems make the multiplayer element erratic at best...

You can't go prone in Halo:Reach and I love that game :)

stuhp
10-13-2010, 12:40 AM

I swear, if I hear that 'prone' argument one more time - go back to your Call of Duty, tool. :)

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 01:20 AM
I swear, if I hear that 'prone' argument one more time - go back to your Call of Duty, tool. :)
now it sound like yer mad...

lol you mad?

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 01:21 AM
You can't go prone in Halo:Reach and I love that game :) good for you buddy...

Takamura Bear
10-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Nostalgia, eh? Well, I haven't played the game myself, but I suddenly feel like going back and dusting off Allied Assualt off the shelf and giving it another run-through.

Funny how the release of certain games makes you want to go back and play the older games in the series all over again.

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 02:31 AM
maybe thats to say that this is in fact an older quality game... by modern standards this game fails... so yeah nostalgia for sure... cause this game might as well have come out 4 years ago...

elephantd
10-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Teir 1 mode> any COD mode. It's almost as relastic as it comes in video games. Yeah this game feels and plays like a 40 dollar game, I bet they would have made more money at the price too.

Tha Mantis
10-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Prone is for campers, it seems the people who dont like this game online, are the ones who just lay down and camp the shit out of an area. No battlefield title has prone and they are the BEST multiplayer games out there. Dice games never have and Im glad they left it out of this one as well.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
10-13-2010, 05:52 AM
troll who talks bullshit ? let me guess your trying to say you completed the whole campaign within an hour xD my a**hole. But hey your from jersey so i best watch what i say :

edit btw First mission completed 2:43pm and last mission 4:22am the following morning so for someone who thought this game was not worth the morning you played it for over 10 hours the 1st day it came out . huh :/ and you havent completed it on hard. fail troll . fail .

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 09:47 PM
troll who talks bullshit ? let me guess your trying to say you completed the whole campaign within an hour xD my a**hole. But hey your from jersey so i best watch what i say :

edit btw First mission completed 2:43pm and last mission 4:22am the following morning so for someone who thought this game was not worth the morning you played it for over 10 hours the 1st day it came out . huh :/ and you havent completed it on hard. fail troll . fail . have you never heard of exaggeration? yeah it took me more than an hour... but still not long enough to make the game worth the pricetag... the campaign honestly took about as long as sniper ghost warrior and that was only like 40 bucks... for the way they hyped this game to be an answer to mw2 it fell way short of that claim... bc2 came closer... and yes i played for hours because i gotta try and get my money worth...

forums are for people to state their opinions... stating mine makes me a troll??? with little to no effort a person can easily complete this game on hard in one sitting... that's too short... period...

the multiplayer is pretty much the same old nonsense from older titles... no major improvements or genre changing tweaks... it plays like all the other titles by their company but with less vehicles... choppy and erratic mp, and a ridiculously short sp... overall, not a good buy at 60 dollars... that's my OPINION...

funny how that makes me a troll, meanwhile you're checking my time stamp achievements like a stalker... hahahaha...

stuhp
10-13-2010, 11:48 PM
have you never heard of exaggeration? yeah it took me more than an hour... but still not long enough to make the game worth the pricetag... the campaign honestly took about as long as sniper ghost warrior and that was only like 40 bucks... for the way they hyped this game to be an answer to mw2 it fell way short of that claim... bc2 came closer... and yes i played for hours because i gotta try and get my money worth...

Hype? You kidding me? lol the only thing I ever saw anyone get riled up over with this game was the Taliban multiplayer controversy. The thread was dead before that, and it was dead again the moment it was resolved. The kind of hype you must be talking about is your fellow gamers', and that isn't saying much. Opinions, opinions. :)

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Hype? You kidding me? lol the only thing I ever saw anyone get riled up over with this game was the Taliban multiplayer controversy. The thread was dead before that, and it was dead again the moment it was resolved. The kind of hype you must be talking about is your fellow gamers', and that isn't saying much. Opinions, opinions. :)
the television spots...

stuhp
10-14-2010, 12:06 AM
the television spots...

So, what then? 31 seconds of commercial air time compared to minutes upon minutes of unnecessary discussion from ill prepared radicals on the news, and even government intrusion overseas in the UK?

Television spots my ass! :D

mattshotcha
10-14-2010, 08:30 PM
So, what then? 31 seconds of commercial air time compared to minutes upon minutes of unnecessary discussion from ill prepared radicals on the news, and even government intrusion overseas in the UK?

Television spots my ass! :D huh? government intrusion in uk?!? ill prepared radicals?!? what the hell are you talking about now?

i was referring to the commercial that showed a quote from a review of the game that said something about "look out call of duty" or whatnot... all the reviews have compared it to call of duty...

your just rambling incoherently now...

stuhp
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
huh? government intrusion in uk?!? ill prepared radicals?!? what the hell are you talking about now?

i was referring to the commercial that showed a quote from a review of the game that said something about "look out call of duty" or whatnot... all the reviews have compared it to call of duty...

your just rambling incoherently now...

You must be talking about Bad Company 2, then. Medal of Honor had nothing like that.

That's ok, it's easily mistakable. It is DICE, after all. :)

mattshotcha
10-14-2010, 09:12 PM
YouTube - Medal of Honor Limited Edition Trailer

stuhp
10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
YouTube - Medal of Honor Limited Edition Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Spz8mXd11A)

"Seems to be the perfect combination of Call of Duty and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ... Medal of Honor offers the best of both." - IGN.com

Offers the best of both. Did it say that it trumps either? No. No "look out" or "better than" at all.

Check your sources next time. :)

mattshotcha
10-14-2010, 09:23 PM
do i really need to post the other video that says and i quote "finally an answer to call of duty"???

DiGGeR
10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Medal of Honor have gun in it me shoot people with. Me pick up tonight, be good or disappointed. thanks for trailer, hyped mE!

mattshotcha
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Medal of Honor have gun in it me shoot people with. Me pick up tonight, be good or disappointed. thanks for trailer, hyped mE!
hahahahaha.... sweet post... wanna buy a copy off me for cheap?

stuhp
10-14-2010, 09:47 PM
do i really need to post the other video that says and i quote "finally an answer to call of duty"???

Well gee you should've put that one up instead, because now I just don't give a damn! Posting the other vid won't make a lick of difference for your argument now, because now you're without an audience!

In short, you done fucked up! Have fun posting in an empty and abandoned thread! :D

Dr Popodopolus
10-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Funny you say Nostalgia, I have ordered my copy for the PS3 seeing as it comes bundled with Frontline HD as that used to be one of my favourite games of all time on the PS2 and I cannot wait to play it in HD :D The other reason being that my PS3 is covered in dust haha..

being an idiot though I forgot to cancel my order of the 360 copy and that is on it's way as well lol.. will probably try and trade it in, still SEALED and save my 360 from over-use! Until Black Ops of course!

The Frontline HD remake on PS3 gets 51 trophies as well! Insane seeing as 360 arcade games are limited to about 12.. haha but yeah can't wait for my 2 copies of MoH to arrive through the door, hopefully I don't make too much of a loss on the 360 version.