PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think?

lololmao7
10-12-2010, 08:47 PM
What does everyone think about this game so far?

xDevilDawg64x
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
So far I have only done the first mission but I am loving it so far.

Wrothgar
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm on the 4th level and I'm liking it so far, just seems like the levels are too short. The multiplayer is a piece of shit so far and that's only because I can't get it to work 99.9% of the time. When it does work I love the multiplayer. EA seriously needs to fix their shit.

qpRELENTLESSqp
10-12-2010, 09:18 PM
its been fun, but the single player is glitchy. i've had a glitch happen a few times right at a checkpoint, so every time i try to load last checkpoint it loads right into the glitch, which of course results in me having to restart the whole mission...:mad:

xDevilDawg64x
10-12-2010, 09:22 PM
What glitch exactly?

Venomized
10-12-2010, 09:24 PM
What does everyone think about this game so far?

I would have said great, except I hate EA for many reasons now, as I did before too though. But now even more!

One of the MANY reasons is that I can't play online cause of the servers!

Venomized
10-12-2010, 09:26 PM
its been fun, but the single player is glitchy. i've had a glitch happen a few times right at a checkpoint, so every time i try to load last checkpoint it loads right into the glitch, which of course results in me having to restart the whole mission...:mad:
What glitch exactly?

Was it the Mission "Running with Wolves..." where you got on your ATV but couldn't drive it, and then restarting last checkpoint got you into the same position? Or where dusty broke through the door on that level butr you couldnt go through be cause of invisibile barrier? Or team mates not destroying the DHsK?

Trust me, I have encoutered many of them

Barad
10-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Don't get to play this till friday! :/ still I'm sure its an awesome game!

jcantu000
10-12-2010, 10:21 PM
So far I have only done the first mission but I am loving it so far.

^^ This and I've gotten to the third mission.

qpRELENTLESSqp
10-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Was it the Mission "Running with Wolves..." where you got on your ATV but couldn't drive it, and then restarting last checkpoint got you into the same position? Or where dusty broke through the door on that level butr you couldnt go through be cause of invisibile barrier? Or team mates not destroying the DHsK?

Trust me, I have encoutered many of them

yup, that damn ATV, i just stopped right there and thought i'd play multiplayer, but now it's saying EA servers are down, surprise surprise....

lololmao7
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah I got the "servers are down" right when I set everything up, so instead of tdm (not sure of the official name), where the message came up, I went to sector control and it worked perfectly. Just the typical EA lag now and again.

Please don't flame me, but for the first hour i played as....... a sniper :(

Boosta
10-12-2010, 11:11 PM
strongly dislike EA because they can't get their shit together ever. Other than that, I've only finished the first mission and I liked it.

Numbthumb
10-12-2010, 11:19 PM
So far the missions lack some impact on the visceral front, but they're well paced for the most part and I actually think the game looks quite impressive.

That said, I've run into more than my share of enemies that seem frozen in place as I walk past them, up to them, or behind and knife them.

I'm also baffled by the fact that you can knife enemies on the other side of walls sometimes - got my knife kill cheevo that way, but it seems sloppy.

Not bad overall - but that's just single player.

Pazuzu91
10-12-2010, 11:22 PM
im half way done, i feel like a loser hah

Pwny
10-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm on the last mission now, and I quiet enjoyed the single player campaign so far. I haven't experienced any glitch as the others have, but I felt the game is well paced. I just wish the AI was slightly smarter, enemy wise. I haven't tried multiplayer yet though.

Venomized
10-12-2010, 11:30 PM
yup, that damn ATV, i just stopped right there and thought i'd play multiplayer, but now it's saying EA servers are down, surprise surprise....

Unfortunately, that is only the beginning of many.

JuniorMT
10-12-2010, 11:32 PM
i am actually considering returning Medal of Honor. i was expecting more from it as far as the single player.

It was small, super easy on hard only took 3 1/2 hours to finish, and to me, felt like a replica of CoD. The story was cool, and I loved the ending dedication, but there was nothing there to keep me going.

Tier 1 is stupid as you die from things that you cannot see, and have to redo the ENTIRE level! dumb! A lives system should be in place, with maybe a time penalty when you die, from the invisible rpgs in all the levels.

The multiplayer when it works, seemed extremely generic. Nothing appealed to me to keep playing. For once, I actually thought that a HALO game was better than this (speaking of Reach of course). Thats sad...as I hate halo games.

EA made this game bigger than it really was, and it is a huge let down.

Out of 10, I give this game a 6.5 for lack of story, depth, and replay value.

And No, I am not a CoD fanboy, as I cant stand that damn game either.

Venomized
10-12-2010, 11:40 PM
i am actually considering returning Medal of Honor. i was expecting more from it as far as the single player.

It was small, super easy on hard only took 3 1/2 hours to finish, and to me, felt like a replica of CoD. The story was cool, and I loved the ending dedication, but there was nothing there to keep me going.

Tier 1 is stupid as you die from things that you cannot see, and have to redo the ENTIRE level! dumb! A lives system should be in place, with maybe a time penalty when you die, from the invisible rpgs in all the levels.

The multiplayer when it works, seemed extremely generic. Nothing appealed to me to keep playing. For once, I actually thought that a HALO game was better than this (speaking of Reach of course). Thats sad...as I hate halo games.

EA made this game bigger than it really was, and it is a huge let down.

Out of 10, I give this game a 6.5 for lack of story, depth, and replay value.

And No, I am not a CoD fanboy, as I cant stand that damn game either.

Huh, you like no major games then eh. And why green font? Use default

mattshotcha
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
this game is shit... single player is entirely too short and the multiplayer is like a retarded throwback to socom days on ps2... i feel cheated for getting this turd at midnight for 60 bucks...

Pazuzu91
10-13-2010, 02:35 AM
this game is shit... single player is entirely too short and the multiplayer is like a retarded throwback to socom days on ps2... i feel cheated for getting this turd at midnight for 60 bucks...

i agree with the short story, but i find the multiplayer a refresh from cod and battlefield

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 03:49 AM
i agree with the short story, but i find the multiplayer a refresh from cod and battlefield
i guess i am a bit rough on the multiplayer, and i can see your point, but it does seem a bit lacking... they could of done more with it... include prone... include the slide to cover and peek features from single player... tighten up the gameplay a bit... how many times are you gonna put up with your character suddenly not being able to fire at an enemy while being killed??? don't get me wrong, if i was just trash at this game i would put more time in to get better or move on quietly... but certain things about this game are just not up to the current standard of first person online shooters, in my opinion...

Tha Mantis
10-13-2010, 03:55 AM
DICE never have prone and Im glad of that fact. As far as the Sp goes I just finished it , and yes WAY too short. Multiplayer is great in my opinion, but the SP definitely needed more to it. I am for sure disappointed in this as I had high hopes, but it will hold me over until Black Ops.

GreenMegaZord
10-13-2010, 06:14 AM
I think its a pretty good game. I really like the multi-player too. Enjoying every bit of it. :)

DokMMz
10-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I think its a pretty good game. I really like the multi-player too. Enjoying every bit of it. :)

Same. Plus a little bit more!

H0p3sfalL
10-13-2010, 12:01 PM
a lot of mixed reviews......... may have to put this in the rent list rather then buying it.

StumblesMcGee
10-13-2010, 06:20 PM
a lot of mixed reviews......... may have to put this in the rent list rather then buying it.

I was on the fence yesterday after reading many mixed reviews. I had pre-ordered two copies months ago; one for me, one for my dad. Decided to just pick up one copy for him and play it until I gave it to him. It's a pretty fun experience. I've only played the single player campaign, but like what I've seen thus far.

I wouldn't say this is a solid $60 purchase by any means as MP is still having its kinks worked out and some have experienced glitches, but it's definitely worthy of a $30-40 price tag.

ZOMBINOX
10-13-2010, 06:58 PM
In my opinion the game is all right, not a Call of Duty Fan boy, but to me MW2 has way better graphics and it came out a year before this. With all the hype and comments in Game Magazines about Call of Duty finally having a challenger I was expecting to be blown away.
To me, just a decent shooter with ok visuals, with no huge replay value unless you fancy the extremely bad multiplayer servers.
REACH has more replay value to me right now and Black OP’s looks amazing. Just hope that game isn’t over hyped like this one was to me.

FucUEse
10-13-2010, 07:09 PM
For me personally I thought this was a great game. True the game may have it's weaknesses, I can confirm that there are parts where the game does get glitchy. I haven't played the Multiplayer yet. And yes the game only runs a little under 5 hours to complete on the hardest difficulty. But storyline wise, this game triumphs over many military FPS'. Personally I have never seen war or have friends or family in the military. But the story they tried to get across was pretty epic. It was fun, fast, exciting, and very emotional. I know they tried to give you an authentic representation for everything that is currently going on "over there" and if this is anything like what is truly going on, I give every member of the armed services, men and women much respect. For the military to ban this game from being sold on military bases, I think they should have played the game first rather than knocking it for it's multiplayer aspect where you can play as Taliban soldiers. I felt the game was very respectful, and they even had an epilogue dedicated to the service of our armed forces. If this game was a movie, I'd have to put it up there with Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down.

FucUEse
10-13-2010, 07:23 PM

I actually enjoy Tier 1. I wish more games are like this. I would prefer to play a game where you don't have self replenishing health, but have a VERY LIMITED supply of health and med pacs. I blame Halo for that stupid regenerating health, dive for cover and wait till your healed then go back into the battle get blasted and hide again. 1 life, 1 chance, no restarts. Like real old school gaming back in the 8 bit days. No checkpoints, that would make military FPS' more fun. It'd be more realistic, and you don't die from "Invisible RPG's" I've never been hit by 1, they call out when guys carrying RPG's appear. I only have 1 more stage to beat on Tier 1. It's all about speed and accuracy. Hence what Tier 1 is supposed to be about. I've been able to rank in 3rd on some of the world leaderboards and I'm not very good. So I'm sure you can do it if you keep trying. Patience is a virtue my friend, of coarse it does suck when you see that timer counting down in the right corner of your screen and you go into panic mode, haha...

GamingEconomist
10-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Honestly it is a good game but there is something i cannot explain......it doesnt get me like CoD.

I think MoH is good but boring in a strange way but good nevertheless. But i think i was too hyped because of the taliban thing

ExtremeRugburn
10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
This is why I love our forums. I have little time to play games so I truely value the opinions of the members of this site when it comes to new games. Im definately not going to get this now. If im gonna play a game it better be A quality without a bunch of annoying glitches.

GamingEconomist
10-13-2010, 09:44 PM
its not that glitchy but its as we say in germany Knochentrocken which literally translates like

bonedry

FucUEse
10-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Just started playing Multiplayer... and I'm having a blast... the game is just fun and chaotic in Team Assault... I haven't had any problems with the servers as of yet... for me personally I enjoy it. Once again this game may not be for everyone... if your unsure of something test it out rent it... you can't go wrong there... you'll just be out $10 at most rather than buying it for $60 and hating it. We all like different things in games... like me personally, I don't understand how anyone can buy a game JUST for the multiplayer... all around I enjoy this game now that I've played every aspect, SP, MP, and Tier 1. This is a nice game to hold me over till Fable 3 and CoD: Black Ops since Halo Reach lost it's replay value for me... no offense to Halo fans... it's just a personal opinion. :)