PDA

View Full Version : This game isn't bad when you can play it...

Tiamat66
05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
The cut-scenes in this game are ridiculous. I hate having to wait for the characters long-winded explanations on shit I either already know, or don't care about at all. The first half hour of the game, you spend literally 5 minutes playing. While I enjoy the fighting part of the game, otherwise it's just annoying.

dchispirtle
05-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Cutscenes and dialog are part of any role playing game. This game isn't as bad as others, not necessarily in the same genre. The MGS series, although very good, it notorious for its lengthy and many cutscenes. The actual gameplay time is under 10 hours.

Tiamat66
05-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I really don't mind cut-scenes most of the time. But, for example, the three assholes on the train. The save point is right before you fight them. But if it takes you multiple times to beat them, you have to go through the same stupid conversation over and over again. The cut-scenes you can hit start once you've scene it. But that you have to keep hitting the A button. It just pisses me off.

Drunk3nR4d
05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
i actually didnt mind any part of this game and enjoied the hell outta it..... im not sure if i am a fan of the basic just beat the game and get all 1000 points though.... this game was kinda short too, beat it in under 20 hours..

blackmagic16
06-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Well theres not many online cut scenes exept for boss entering and boss dying.

JC Elite
07-05-2007, 02:29 AM
I think the game is pretty much crap. But for some reason, it's somewhat addicting crap.....if that makes any sense? I played the original PSO for the Dreamcast for more hours (several hundred) than most people on this planet and was really hoping for SOMETHING to get me hooked with this game. Unfortunately, I can only stand playing this game one chapter at a time. If I try to go longer, it feels like my head is going to explode.

The 360 Dragon
07-08-2007, 07:38 AM
This game is good, but it SUCKS if that makes sense, you can't pause (i dont care if its part of this kind of game its gay) the cutscenes are bloody horrible and you should be able to skip them. sry for the flamey post but i would prabably love this game if i didnt fall asleep in the first five seconds every time i turned it on, thx to the no pause and cutscenes and non-playing times from hell, cheers!

JC Elite
07-09-2007, 01:58 AM
I actually find the storyline more intriguing when you compare it to the awful, repetitive, & mind-numbing combat. Of course, that's not saying much considering the story & the characters are lame. Basically I have to do alot of this ----> :drunk before I start to play this game or I lose my mind. It only gets worse as you get later in the game as the chapters are WAY too long.

I know this is an "easy" 1000 pts, but they sure make you earn every damn last one of those points. :uzi:Sonic Team

The 360 Dragon
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Good idea man, think I will finally complete this game Friday, cheers! :drunk

The Wicker Man
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Ugh it makes me cringe to think I still have to finish this one soon. The game was quite a snoozer at points, but the one thing I do like is the stories structure as a tv series. Some of the dungeons just look the same all about and its easy to get lost. It is with 20usd though.

Ho5tiLe D
08-03-2007, 08:08 PM
thats what you get with a japanese RPG, they are way into dialouge. just relax and try to enjoy the game and not be in such a rush