PDA

View Full Version : help wiv Seeking Performance

CaRvErS HeRe
10-13-2010, 12:10 AM
how do i do a R&D test and where do i go?

LFC2K6
10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Should come naturally during career.
You need to have long race weekend set and eventually you'll get to a race where in 1st Practice the engineer says "Right, we're going to run a few performance tests today. See if you can beat the target time"
Once you have control look right to the engineer, there should now be an option on the menu that says "R&D Objective" press A to look at it, it will say for example you have to do a 1:40:000 lap or better within 5 laps, you then accept the challenge and you'll drive straight out of the garage. Then just beat the time. They've all been really easy for me so far so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Remember though, once you've beat the time, you have to do it again in Practice 2 and Practice 3.

CaRvErS HeRe
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
oh right damn, i dont have it as long weekend lol shall have to do on 2nd play through cheers for the info thou mate :)

LFC2K6
10-13-2010, 12:27 AM
You can change it before each race anyway.
When in your trailer, go to the option that shows you what track is next. Something that looks like this should pop up...

Silverstone
Long race weekend <>
20% <>
Custom <>

Just change the top option for 1 weekend :)

pdean52
10-13-2010, 08:33 AM
i play short weekends and still get the r&d options.

;)

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 09:12 AM
R&D is in both long and short weekends, 7 year career with lotus, i got R&D at Melbourne, China, Istanbul.
***Please Note*** DO NOT QUIT during an R&D session, i.e once you start the objective do not quit to paddock, retire to paddock until you get to qualifying.
You can once completed Skip to Qualy and then quit. but if you have auto save on and quit before Qualy you will lose your save game file as it will corrupt.

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Im struggling to see how people find this difficult ?

This is what i did ...

1. Start a practice session
2. Select the engineer
3. Click on R&D Test
4. Complete the test, e.g beat the time

And then the achievement popped up ...:woop: