PDA

View Full Version : Clearing cashe + playing game offline without doing update = Rank reset?

TacticalTodger
10-13-2010, 12:28 AM
So recently I got reset on RDR, due to clearing the cashe then playing the game offline. Also I heard if you do this on Gears you get reset as well, is there any other games where this happens as well?

DERSTY
10-13-2010, 08:30 PM
what do you mean by clearing the cashe? i also was forced to reset on RDR last night and do not understand why

N-Forced
10-13-2010, 10:45 PM
How did you guys get reset on Red Dead by clearing your cache? I've done that before when they nerfed the gang hideout points and never got reset for it. Are you guys sure you or someone you know never hacked your mp save file? I know they were resetting and banning people for that.

TacticalTodger
10-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Nope I never hacked it. I cleared cashe then played offline to see if that would help my savefile, to see if that would uncrash my multiplayer and single player which it didn't so.
then I deleted the save file(Single player) Kept the multiplayer one even backed it up. Next thing I know I did the update and I was level 1 in multiplayer. And I read on RDR wiki if you do this you get reset so.

mickspawn
10-14-2010, 12:28 AM
to OP if you actually go browse and read the red dead forum where you should of posted this in the first place you will get the answer to your question. Also you spell cache like that, not cashe