PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2010 Dashboard Update

CraZ x360a
10-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Does anybody know the release date for this update as I can't wait for it! I have heard people say it will release the same day as Kinect and I have heard some people say it will be released before Kinect.
Thanks for any help.

imatt B4M
10-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Idk but I would love to know I miss party chat :(

the Damage617
10-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Does anybody know the release date for this update as I can't wait for it! I have heard people say it will release the same day as Kinect and I have heard some people say it will be released before Kinect.
Thanks for any help.

maybe 11/4. but no idea, id also like to know the date.:Bounce:

MangledRex
10-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Probably safe to assume it will be a day or 2 before kinect's launch

GUINsomniac
10-13-2010, 12:55 AM
not sure but from a purely visual point i am not really looking forward to it, i just got used the the last dashboard change and now it seems like they have just made it look even more overly simplified

MangledRex
10-13-2010, 12:56 AM
You'll get used to it eventually and them bam! a new one is released

InfamousVuk
10-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Hopefully they will make the skins more visible.....
you pay 400 m$ points for a skin only to have 60% of it covered with all kinds of crap.

gamerguy69
10-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Probably safe to assume it will be a day or 2 before kinect's launch

I'm more in agreement with this.

Usually the Xbox Updates have always occurred on a Tuesday early morning. Since the release of Kinect is on November 4th which is a Thursday I'm going to say that the update should go system wide on November 2nd during the early morning hours. (U.S.A. Pacific Time)

People purchasing Kinect at launch (midnight release) will then be able to play right away rather than having the system get overloaded all at once with the Update.

November 2nd.*

*Just an educated guess. Subject to change, of course. :)

That's also Election Day in the U.S.

Chaosx721
10-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I say a week before Kinect. So they can fix any bugs that may come from after releasing it, and they can have them done and fixed by the week of Kinect.

gamerguy69
10-13-2010, 05:37 PM
I say a week before Kinect. So they can fix any bugs that may come from after releasing it, and they can have them done and fixed by the week of Kinect.

That's what this whole Update PREVIEW is about in the first place.

Chaosx721
10-13-2010, 07:19 PM
That's what this whole Update PREVIEW is about in the first place.
Not going to catch everything. Preview was mostly to make sure everything worked right, and catch some bugs. Once it goes live, something will happen or come up that they will have to take time to fix.

But I could be wrong, either way its going to be out around there. If it were me I'd release it a week before to make sure everything works and fix any problems, then come the next week of Kinect and have support for that if anything comes up.

TacticalTodger
10-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I wish there was just one thread on this, I just keep wishing :/

Eminent
10-13-2010, 07:41 PM
I thought I read or watched a video saying November 1st