PDA

View Full Version : Problem with pre-paid points card

Corrupt.
10-13-2010, 01:06 AM
So I bought a 2100 points pre-paid card thingmajig, and I have entered the code. The code doesn't work. I originally tried it on my US account (to download Scrabble for Family Game Night), and it said the code was invalid. I thought it maybe a region thing, so tried the code on my main UK account. Still no joy. I have double and triple checked the code is correct.

Anybody else ran into this problem who can advise on what I need to do?

CraZ x360a
10-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Was the card activated at the register at the store? Because that happened to me before.

Chaosx721
10-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Call Microsoft, they should be able to give you a new code.

Corrupt.
10-13-2010, 01:20 AM
In the UK you can buy off the shelf. They don't as such activate the card, you get the card in a regular game box. I have never had this issue before either.

How will Microsoft know I am being honest?

Chaosx721
10-13-2010, 01:29 AM
You give them your info, then the code that's on the card you bought and they see if its been used, then they should give you a new one. I've never done this but read in another forum someone that had the same problem and they called them up and they fixed it.

the Damage617
10-13-2010, 01:32 AM
In the UK you can buy off the shelf. They don't as such activate the card, you get the card in a regular game box. I have never had this issue before either.

Hmm it must be different in the US. when i buy points card at gamestop they have to active the card before I leave the store. Try calling the store you purchased the item from and ask them about activating cards. if that's no help try calling microsoft like others stated..

Corrupt.
10-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Cool, thanks for the quick help guys :)