PDA

View Full Version : How Many games on the go?

French_Kid
10-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Just wondering how many games ppl play in thesame time frame?

Do you start and play randomly a few games at a time? Or do you play the one til you have as many achievements as you can gain before moving on to the next?

I, myself, play a few games at a time...and then after a month (or in the case of a couple of games...a year later) or so I play clean up where I will focus on a game til I max it out.

Right now trying to max out Forza 3 and eventually 2. AC 1 would be nice to complete as its not a hard game...just got restart lol

spinflux
10-13-2010, 03:28 AM
I usually go one game at a time and complete as much as I can with that one game before moving onto the next one, save the achievements that require excessive grinding or boosting.. but atm I've got 4 going at once, and its difficult to decide which one to put in... so I guess I like focusing on one at a time.

ExplodingRat
10-13-2010, 03:35 AM
I end up starting games constantly (Most big releases), and playing anywhere between 5 minutes and 3 days straight on it. >.>

The only problem is, I will either beat the game, or it will go on my shelf of "I will eventually beat this, I promise." And.... I have a few dozen games on that list. :(

Otherwise, I'm pretty glued to Plants vs Zombies, Dawn of War 2 and Dead Rising 2 right now. :)

The Tarbender
10-13-2010, 03:40 AM
I tend to do the same thing, I will find a game I want on sale or in a used bin and pick it up and start playing it and end up with upward of 10 games on the go at the same time. When one starts to frustrate me or just starts to get kinda boring I quit playing it and start playing the next one.

Every now and then I all of a sudden go on a kick where I am looking at all my saved games and achievements and go 'hey, why don't you finish some of these games, eh?' and then go on a spree of finishing off some of the easier games or trying for some of the more difficult achievements. What especially gets to me are the ones that have achievements for different difficulties, either not stacking up or where you have to play through the first time in order to get the hardest difficulty unlocked.

Corrupt.
10-13-2010, 03:41 AM
I have a rotation of 6 retail and 4 arcade. When I have 100% I move on to the next one.

Braiiins
10-13-2010, 04:09 AM
I usually switch between a couple retail and arcade, not completely finishing before I switch. I do this so I don't get sick of the games.

I just finished red dead and all the DLC so I went back to transformers. I stopped playing Cabela's Alaskan Adventures 2 weeks ago so I don't get super frustrated/so I can decide whether or not to sell it.

I want to play some games I haven't really started, or haven't started at all before Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and connect get released next month.

Snowwwwy
10-13-2010, 05:18 AM
Yeh, I only go one game at a time. Gets to confusing otherwise for me if Im playing a few games at the one time :)

KeepEmRolling
10-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Usually only one at a time, and never two of the same genre at once.

Aceman417
10-13-2010, 08:04 AM
I actually just play a game till I get bored and then play another one... It keeps me free to do other stuff as well instead of grinding one game, it also means i can play it for longer.

ashleary
10-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I normally have 2 or 3 running at a tmie. I get bored after about an hour on the same game.

At the minute I'm running a few races on F1, a couple of matches on FIFA 11 and then kicking some ass on Halo Reach :D

RuYi
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
When it's a brand new game, usually just one. I don't want to juggle between them, rather just concentrate on one game and fully enjoy that one.

If it's games I've already finished once, usually two, rarely three.

mitchcraft1980
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
hmmm i have changed the way i play since i got my xbox due to the achievements. Before i would have to stick to one game and play till the end or if i switched to another game i would not go back to it but now i play a different game each day to try get more achievements for each one

Importz2k9
10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I load up a few games at a time and try to complete them as I can. I tried doing one game at a time but quickly found myself getting bored.

Pentexrx8
10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I usually have 4-5 "active" games at any time with 1-2 more that I am "working on." I try to play the games I get from gamefly first to maximize my money spent there. When I am waiting for a game from them I will work on a game I own, like Reach or GOW2 or BioShock2. I do this to maximize my gamefly dollars but also push my gamerscore up as fast as possible without getting too bogged down. If a game is really good, like BioShock2 I will concentrate on that for the majority of my gaming time, but rare is the day that I go without popping it at least 2 different games.

eXoTiC Zebes0
10-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I Have a few games that i switch on and off from so i don't get bored :)

RickyMcG
10-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I should work on one at a time, and fully concentrate on that game. However, I'm at a point now where I'm constantly flicking between games I need to finish. It doesn't help when a new release comes out, because then it becomes a +1 to my already huge backlog. I'm looking at you Fallout New Vegas/Borderlands GOTY. :p

Games like FIFA 10 and 500 matches with your Pro, FFXIII side missions, RD:R MP, and YET to finish the SP, L4D2 and Expert campaigns. Too many achievements in my backlog that require a lot of work! I'm juggling FFXIII and FIFA 10 at the moment, but I have so many other games I need to work on.

Once Borderlands GOTY hits on Friday, I'll be making sure I stick to that for the completion as I only need to complete each DLC; then onto Fallout:New Vegas which I most definetely stick to until completion. I can't wait to get back on top of my backlog. If that ever happens.. xD

Seddo
10-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I used to have loads on the go and sometimes i would be swapping games very quickly whilst playing because i was thinking of one game whilst playing another. It got quite annoying so for the past few months i've been playing one game at a time, although that means i'm missing out on quite a few new releases. I suppose it could be a positive as by the time i've completed a game then the newer titles have gone down in price.

Cornholio
10-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I just started doing this; I randomly pick a game from my collection and try to comple as much of it as I possibly can. Its huge fun until you get games like DOAX2 / Rumble Roses XX :P

Opiate42
10-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Right now two. Normally one.

I'll be eyebrow deep in a campaign until I beat the game then max out what I care to get in its achievements.

If I have two at all which is the case now, the second game is what I'm going MP on and playing that when my friends are online to team up with.

I've got a backlog of about a dozen unplayed games as yet, flitting between discs constantly makes it harder to finish the campaign in any individual one.

ginge88isfun
10-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Kinda on a rotation between FIFA 10, Left 4 Dead 1/2, Fallout 3 & Gun at the moment, currently on FIFA 10 so I can get a few more achievements before I get FIFA 11.

admp
10-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I try to concentrate on one at a time, but playing a sports sim or another game that is not too story driven at the same time can sometimes stop a big role playing game for example from becoming stale.
So i end up playing between two and three.

Starstrukk X360A
10-13-2010, 11:11 PM
About two or three at the same time...recently it's just been one as I haven't played anything new in a while.

Giptuc
10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
If i get a new game I'll generally play that until i get bored (generally about 3 - 5 days) then i swap my games depending on what is fun.

If i get 2 games at once, i play whatever is more fun, swapping them occassionally

xx Mike 93 xx
10-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I usually try to play one at a time but usually end up mixing two or three games.

HeartSkull
10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I usually concentrate on one or two but at the same time I'll usually play bits of other games I have that i'm either playing for fun or to to do more achievements. I usually play a game till i've finished the story or get bored at which point I'll play something else, this can result in games being left for a month or two to over a year!

Vincent Bros09
10-14-2010, 05:01 PM
I always take one game at a time to make it less confusing for me. Once i get bored i either go online with friends or play a different game and go after achievements on it

If i buy a new game, i first play the campaign and then for the next playthrough, i'll go for the miscellanous achievements.

Eimii
10-14-2010, 05:05 PM
when i get a new game i play it a lot. till i hit some sort of block or start dying a lot. in which case i take a break from it and come back. it can be anywhere from a few hours, to a few days...to even months (*cough* ff13 *cough*). Generally though, i have at least 2 games to keep me busy on my DS and two or three on my 360.

but yeah, i'm the queen of unfinished games...
http://backloggery.com/eimii <-- proof.

MackeMan
10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
About 3-4 games at a time, depending on how good a game are. If really good then 1 game at the time.

Markii92
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I usually play 3-4 games at a time. And when i buy games i buy 2+ at once.. Always a big problem wich game to play first haha. Latest games i bought the same time was saint row 2 and bioshock 2, and actually i completed bioshock before even trying the other game (First time ever..)

Shiryoyami
10-14-2010, 05:40 PM
The amount of games I play at the same time differs depending on what I feel like. Sometimes I start over three games at once, other times I just focus on one to try and finish entirely. Completely dependent on my mood.

My average would be two games at a time, I guess.

HoraceVanBasten
10-14-2010, 07:19 PM
I just play whatever game takes my fancy. I've probably got 2 dozen games on my shelf still in the cellophane and maybe another 20 I've not played yet that I got off ebay.

OneSweetShannon
10-14-2010, 08:36 PM
In my pre-360 days I would play only one at a time, but then I played mostly RPGs or Action Adventure games and never any multiplayer. I never felt a need to play more than one. When I crossed over to the 360, I soon started having multiple games going at once. I usually have one *main* game that I'll be working on, and one or two other games that I'll play if I just need a break from that one. I may also have a game or two that I've completed single player and just work on multiplayer depending on when my partners are available. Throw in the occasional rental that I'll try to finish quickly. Then there are the games that I've aborted or at least semi-retired. I try to pick one to clean up any remaining achievements and get off my incomplete list.

I'll usually have 2-3 and sometimes as many as 6 active games going at a time.

Chipsonfire
10-14-2010, 08:40 PM
If I have more than one available, I tend to play several at once. I tend to 'binge' on one at a time until I'm sick of it then go to the next, but I will usually have 2 or maybe 3 that I consider myself to be playing at the same time.

rdw040
10-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I have Loads that I'm Playing at the Moment but I try to limit them so that I have a better chance of completing one. At the moment I have F1, Halo:Reach and Dead rising 2 on the go

master_shake_350
10-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Loads. I just play games, get bored, insert new one and then go back a few games and start the cycle again.

KAG1092
10-17-2010, 07:01 PM
It's pretty random with me. Nowadays I mostly play Reach, Alan Wake, Minecraft or StarCraft 2. Just those. Thirty minutes here and thirty minutes there, most of the time I'm not going for the achievements.

Jakez123
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Well normally one or two but at the moment, im playing, naruto rise of a ninja, well basically look at my sig lol and most likely naruto ninja storm 2 will be added shortly

prosmits
10-17-2010, 07:14 PM
I get 2/3 games and alternate between them so i dont get bored of one. I try to get as many of the achievements as i can in each game.

Qonok
10-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I will usually have several going at once. One would be a "main" game and the rest as I get a bit bored/frustrated with that game. If I finish the campaign in a game and it requires several playthroughs (i.e. FEAR) than I will play it through once and then I may play it for another run through up to 12 months later.
Too many games that are good to get bogged down on just one.

iBlessing 09
10-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Two, Call of Duty 4 & Modern Warfare 2. Three soon, Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2 & Black Ops.

M14CHU
10-17-2010, 07:44 PM
I also play a few games then clean up afterwards seems the best option but it also depends on what game i play

A Moldy Stump
10-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Too many since my disc drive doesn't work. I occasionally borrow friends but rarely have time to complete a whole game. Right now though I'd consider Reach, the orange box, Oblivion, Fable 2 since I'm playing it right now but long ago I decided to start buying the episodes... big mistake. I only have a couple arcades on the go since i've been completing them pretty quickly Comic Jumper, Splosion Man, just finished Dead Space Ignition last night, and Monday Night Combat. I still also have a bunch of forgotten Unfinished games. and games that would be to time consuming to finish.

TuMaBlAcK
10-17-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm use to play three at a time which was Forza 3, Final Fantasy XIII, and Blazblue CS but I've had enough of Forza for now and are playing the latter two, also been playing Pokemon on my DSi recently when I haven't felt like turning on my 360.

BulletH0l3s
10-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Just wondering how many games ppl play in thesame time frame?

Do you start and play randomly a few games at a time? Or do you play the one til you have as many achievements as you can gain before moving on to the next?

I, myself, play a few games at a time...and then after a month (or in the case of a couple of games...a year later) or so I play clean up where I will focus on a game til I max it out.

Right now trying to max out Forza 3 and eventually 2. AC 1 would be nice to complete as its not a hard game...just got restart lol

I usually skip between games, I'm more an online player at the moment, as I'm still trying to get 1k kills in R6V2, but if I'm going for achievements, I'll try and stick to that game as along as possible.

Dz06lt
10-18-2010, 12:55 AM
I play one game to completion PER SYSTEM. Once i beat that game i move on to the next if i have one in the backlog. The only exception to this would be sports or racing games i will play those in conjunction with other games if i have them to play

Virgin
10-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Two at the most usually, switching between control schemes is annoying so I try to avoid it.

FFFreak1129
10-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Usually just one. It depends on the game. If its an RPG or a long single player campaign then I will concentrate on that one specific game. But if its something like Rock Band or a racing game that is easier to pick up and play I might juggle two at most.

SKIBADABOMSKI
10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
I keep the ones on the go out of the shelf... so let me see I have Forza 3 and Blur as gap fillers. Gears for online fun. My main ones that I shall do one at a time , Halo Reach (just want to finish of Legendary by myself) and in line are Dead Rising 2 and Mafia 2

So thats how I tend to do it. Like I couldn't play The Saboteur and Mafia 2 and RDR all at the same time... My main is usually a campaign. Secondary is racers and online type of thing.

kall5ter
10-18-2010, 11:37 AM
i usually play randomly thats why i have loads of games played and rubbish gs

katalanos7 gr
10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I usually play a story driven game and make breaks with Fifa.

godofwar211
10-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I play many games at once. Only because I rent all the ones I play. I'll be playing New Vegas, Arcania and Fable 3 at the same time when they come out. As my wife would say, I'll be MIA for the next few days...lol.

allusiveturtle
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Normally, I start a game and play it to completion. But with so many great games this month I've been hoping from one to another. Just this month, I've bought and played Halo Reach, Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, Enslaved and Medal of Honour, and I've also got Fallout: New Vegas and Vanquish on preorder for this Friday. Now all I need is a 48 hour day and I'll be able to complete them all!