PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer is such a let down.

LOLFESTS
10-13-2010, 03:51 AM
I had such high hope, but I should've guessed Dice would never change their ways. I FINALLY got online tonight and played about an hour and every match was just a let down. MW2 nailed it years ago. Might I add I've been a MoH sac rider saying how much better than Cod it's going to be and now I know it will lose horribly. Clunky, choppy, Battlefieldish etc etc etc... I guess the story mode was worth $60 and staying up till 12am.

mattshotcha
10-13-2010, 03:53 AM
I had such high hope, but I should've guessed Dice would never change their ways. I FINALLY got online tonight and played about an hour and every match was just a let down. MW2 nailed it years ago. Might I add I've been a MoH sac rider saying how much better than Cod it's going to be and now I know it will lose horribly. Clunky, choppy, Battlefieldish etc etc etc... I guess the story mode was worth $60 and staying up till 12am. i'm with you...

BlazeDaGanjaGod
10-13-2010, 03:56 AM
Multiplayer wasnt bad but it was pissing me off when i first picked up my game i couldnt get online, it kept saying lost connection to EA servers. COD Black Ops will dominate MoH but i dunno about the single player being worth 60 bucks, i shouldve waited to get this used.

U2MOFO
10-13-2010, 03:57 AM
So exactly what dont you like about it? I am having plenty of fun with it.. it feels like a fast paced DICE game.. not sure what you expected.

LOLFESTS
10-13-2010, 04:02 AM
I didn't mind not being able to connect so much because I was going to finish the Story mode. Which took about 6 hours on Hard. I doubt I'll even try Tier 1 because I don't feel like smashing random objects in my room.

I honestly thought the MP achievements were going to be cake seeing as how I played CoD for like 6900000 hours in every class. Not the case now hah.

LOLFESTS
10-13-2010, 04:06 AM
So exactly what dont you like about it? I am having plenty of fun with it.. it feels like a fast paced DICE game.. not sure what you expected.

I guess I haven't played many Dice games. I sure a shit won't be doing that anymore. The MP just looks and plays silly. I feel like i got set back 10 years.

CANNONFODDER52
10-13-2010, 04:22 AM
I had such high hope, but I should've guessed Dice would never change their ways. I FINALLY got online tonight and played about an hour and every match was just a let down. MW2 nailed it years ago. Might I add I've been a MoH sac rider saying how much better than Cod it's going to be and now I know it will lose horribly. Clunky, choppy, Battlefieldish etc etc etc... I guess the story mode was worth $60 and staying up till 12am.
Um... sorry what did MW2 Nail? I don't mean to burst you bubble but MW2 is not a good game. Its broken far beyond any form of repair. As-well the developers have given no support to the game when its very apparent that its needed.
Yes it is very popular, but so is Fox News.

While i have yet to purchase MOH (Tomorrow has a purpose) Im sure they will fix the server issues very soon.

Also i really hope Dice never changes their ways, they make great online games (Battlefield 1942PC, Battlefield 2PC, Bad Company 2Xbox)
They support their games far after launch, one of the aspects of a great developer that many seem to have forgotten.

Everyone loves to bring up the "Why is there no Prone" Well previous Battlefield titles had the ability to go prone in them but Dice smartly decided to remove it since it encourages camping, as-well it makes it very hard to spot snipers in larger maps.

Inked and Pierced
10-13-2010, 04:48 AM
i had such high hope, but i should've guessed dice would never change their ways. I finally got online tonight and played about an hour and every match was just a let down. Mw2 nailed it years ago. Might i add i've been a moh sac rider saying how much better than cod it's going to be and now i know it will lose horribly. Clunky, choppy, battlefieldish etc etc etc... I guess the story mode was worth $60 and staying up till 12am.

i completely agree...huge letdown....multiplay achievements then to singleplayer, then back to halo reach till black ops comes out.

Tha Mantis
10-13-2010, 05:08 AM
I enjoy the multiplayer alot actually, the single player was a complete letdown in my opinion, I mean it was good, but just WAY too short.

YOTESLAYA
10-13-2010, 05:11 AM
Exactly why I cancelled my reserve after playing the BETA

Buck a Fuffaloe
10-13-2010, 05:15 AM
Really? I love the multiplayer. Single play I don't give a fuck about but multiplayer is awesome!

el Trev806
10-13-2010, 05:22 AM
so then this game will not be a good buy then i havent bought it yet and by the comments i see here iam getting secound thoughts

jcantu000
10-13-2010, 05:27 AM

I agree with you completely. The campaign isn't too bad, but I see some things that could have been cleaned up. For the time I tried mp, it was bad, huge lag problems.

ConfusedGeek
10-13-2010, 05:43 AM
not to toot my own horn, but i kicked ass on bfb2 online. kicked ass. loved every sec of it.

so far, after about 4 hours on moh mp, i hate it. cant see me playing past getting a 15 as rifle man.

never got into cod mp.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
10-13-2010, 06:08 AM
lol you know multiplayer is made by the same people as battfield yet you expect it to be different ? xD you deserve to have felt hard done by . Fool.

GreenMegaZord
10-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Am i the only person enjoying every single aspect of the game? Single Player and Multi-player....Its all badass to me

KNIGHTOFSERA
10-13-2010, 07:02 AM
looks like the BETA was a good indication then

I was hearing that the campaign uses different features like sliding into cover and peeking around cover...yet the multiplayer features none of that...

that just seems weird to me

ill give it a rent eventually and see if they fixed what I didnt like about the beta

BOSS OF BOSSES
10-13-2010, 07:55 AM
agreed...the online multiplayer BLOWS....average campaign...make this game a major waste...epic failure...glad the game was free

janhans888
10-13-2010, 08:33 AM
I like the whole Game !!!

Carrer is nice and Multiplayer is more fun to me then MW2 !!!

But im sure the Black Ops will be much better

Venomized
10-13-2010, 08:40 AM

You never really explained why it was a let down. So really, your opinion means nothing if it isn't informed.

DokMMz
10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I just picked up the game and man - multiplayer is a blast!

Sure it's not so in depth as some people may like it, but it's great!

ShaneForWax
10-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I beta'd the multiplayer which is kind of why I'm staying the fuck away from it. :P

TealPavelski
10-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Online has been fun, but getting into games is a joke, not to mention when trying to get into games with my friends. Me and a friend tried for over an hour yesterday to get into the same game, when we finally did we weer on separate teams...

ChizCafe
10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Um... sorry what did MW2 Nail? I don't mean to burst you bubble but MW2 is not a good game. Its broken far beyond any form of repair. As-well the developers have given no support to the game when its very apparent that its needed.

While i have yet to purchase MOH (Tomorrow has a purpose) Im sure they will fix the server issues very soon.

Also i really hope Dice never changes their ways, they make great online games (Battlefield 1942PC, Battlefield 2PC, Bad Company 2Xbox)
They support their games far after launch, one of the aspects of a great developer that many seem to have forgotten.

Everyone loves to bring up the "Why is there no Prone" Well previous Battlefield titles had the ability to go prone in them but Dice smartly decided to remove it since it encourages camping, as-well it makes it very hard to spot snipers in larger maps.
I agree MW2 got nothing right, they fucked up and failed big time. They could have easily made there game great and actually playable with just a few patches and glitch fixes with balance issue (remove commando, One man army danger close noob tubes and fix all the glitches) then theres really nothing wrong.

Dice ruined battlefield for me, I used to love this series (they say Vietnam was their worst game but its my fav next to the original's).
Thats retared to remove prone so its easier to spot snipers on large maps, dude hello almost every single sniper in real life shoots there targets prone, hell thats how they practice. Wanna know why? The fuck kick will knock your arm out and the scope will his your eye socket, I mean people will camp reguardless prone helps you stay a live, I mean it makes no sense to take this human function out of a realistic genre of gaming it just doesnt.

This games multiplayer is just like BFBC2 to me which I dont like. Feels very clunky and choppy and sluggish. It isnt a fluid game running at 60FPS with a fine tune engined to go with it. First game I was like fuck this feels just like Battlefield which is dumb, I really wanted this game but when i saw made by Dice I was like fuck, said no, got it anyway from cool video watching and disappointed. Will 100% the game and trade towards Black Ops which will blow everything out of the water. Plus no private matches wtf?
Playing Single player tomorrow. Multiplayer I give a C, I like how they did the killstreaks.

CANNONFODDER52
10-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I agree MW2 got nothing right, they fucked up and failed big time. They could have easily made there game great and actually playable with just a few patches and glitch fixes with balance issue (remove commando, One man army danger close noob tubes and fix all the glitches) then theres really nothing wrong.

Dice ruined battlefield for me, I used to love this series (they say Vietnam was their worst game but its my fav next to the original's).
Thats retared to remove prone so its easier to spot snipers on large maps, dude hello almost every single sniper in real life shoots there targets prone, hell thats how they practice. Wanna know why? The fuck kick will knock your arm out and the scope will his your eye socket, I mean people will camp reguardless prone helps you stay a live, I mean it makes no sense to take this human function out of a realistic genre of gaming it just doesnt.

the killstreaks. Im glad to see you dislike MW2, but your argument for the Prone ability is pretty weak. First off to the realistic argument, yes prone is used in RL but this is a video game its meant to be fun. There is a reason why single bullets don't incapacitate you, because that would ruin the game.
Your saying that Snipers in RL use prone since the kick "will knock your arm out and the scope will his your eye socket" well since that isn't a problem in video games why should we still incorporate Prone?
One more thing, people abuse Prone take for example the cod series Or BattleField 2PC where people will drop-shot or glitch into places using prone to get the upper hand.
Ok i'm done

Jarimy123
10-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I actually like it the more and more I am reading about how people say they don't like it.

It's sort of a mix of BFBC2 with Call of Duty World at War. It's a very fast paced BFBC2, but with a COD sort of feel because the maps are small and it's more frenetic.

It also doesn't have all the stupid shit that CODMW2 has. The more I think of it, the more I like it and can't wait to get home and play some more.

Darth Kris
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Am i the only person enjoying every single aspect of the game? Single Player and Multi-player....Its all badass to me

I think multiplayer is sweet, the story is average and has crappy graphics compared to the last battlefield.

Kronos1982
10-13-2010, 03:18 PM
The single player was short but sweet. The multi is fun when I don't get minor lag or I'm not faced off against people who are going 48-0 k/d at the end of the match. Seriously, that's unbelievable. I wish there was a kill cam so I could see how these guys are pulling this off.

Takamura Bear
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Just wondering, if I enjoyed Bad Company online a lot, will I enjoy the Mp side of MoH just as much? That's the only thing that will make it or break it for me at this stage

skyfire420
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
I think multiplayer is sweet, the story is average and has crappy graphics compared to the last battlefield.
Dice didn't do anything but make the MP, danger close is responsible for creating the models, worlds, skins and everything else in the game. This isn't a battlefield game.

stuhp
10-13-2010, 05:06 PM
The thing about the multiplayer not being as great as the makers made it out to be is because of the maps themselves. The boundaries and layouts on them seriously leave no room for interpretation, so you're left to run down one or two pathways which can easily become chokepoints when the other team starts to camp. I can't think of a single rock that you can actually climb, or even a pathway which snakes between the main ones and provides cover. (This mostly pertains to the Combat Mission and Objective Raid modes, not sure how Sector Control and Team Assault stack up to that statement.)

ZOMBINOX
10-13-2010, 07:07 PM

I love how you mock FOX News, then point out to other people how their OPINION is wrong and you are right. Kind of like our Pesident, doesn't care what people think, he has all the answers and knows what's best for everybody!

CANNONFODDER52
10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
I love how you mock FOX News, then point out to other people how their OPINION is wrong and you are right. Kind of like our Pesident, doesn't care what people think, he has all the answers and knows what's best for everybody! How many people do you know, who think that they(themselves) are wrong? Pretty much everyone goes around thinking that they are right, as do you, as do I.
As well a lot lot of what I was saying was factual. Such as Dice supporting their games unlike Infinity ward. As well its pretty well accepted that MW2 is broken, even among fans of the series and competitive players.

Also, looking in from a Canadian perspective i don't see whats so terrible about your current president. The health care reform was a step in the right direction(or left) and at least hes not invading countries to secure oil supplies.

RYARNI
10-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Wonder if Obama is a COD or BC2 kinda guy

*wakes up*

Jean la Montard
10-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Everyone who has liked the beta says that the final game is even better, well i hope thats true...

PD: Hello everyone

xDevilDawg64x
10-13-2010, 08:59 PM
The maps are my main issue. The spawning needs to be fixed.

Disparity_RX
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
DICE should stick to BFBC2. Maybe if they had more time they could have made the MP better, feels clunky and rushed. Nothing like running away from bullets only to die seconds later when I am clearly behind a wall....

ZOMBINOX
10-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Wonder if Obama is a COD or BC2 kinda guy

*wakes up*

I don't think either, I think war scars him! lol

ShadyShall
10-13-2010, 11:36 PM
I think it's (the MP) better because you can't really exploit it (e.g. package glitch). You have to be good and be active... EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING SNIPERS! god i hate that! oh well, as you play and rank up, you get better weapons and can hunt down the defenseless snipers... at least, that's how I roll...:uzi:

maps are mad small too...

Tribes V3X
10-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Wow, since when do people play multiplayer for great customization and cheap things like heartbeat sensors (*cough* MW2)... its for the game play. Sure there are some server and lag issues in the first few days, GET OVER IT ya babies. jeez. Actually, on second thought, please go back to your precious call of duty fanboys and leave these games alone and stop crying about how bad it is.

ShadyShall
10-14-2010, 01:32 AM
wow, since when do people play multiplayer for great customization and cheap things like heartbeat sensors (*cough* mw2)... Its for the game play. Sure there are some server and lag issues in the first few days, get over it ya babies. Jeez. Actually, on second thought, please go back to your precious call of duty fanboys and leave these games alone and stop crying about how bad it is.

**like!**;)

ConfusedGeek
10-14-2010, 01:48 AM
DICE should stick to BFBC2. Maybe if they had more time they could have made the MP better, feels clunky and rushed. Nothing like running away from bullets only to die seconds later when I am clearly behind a wall....

this . . . at least it isnt only happening to me.

Iv AJay vI
10-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Tried playing online last night, and kept getting disconnected from the EA servers. I wasn't surprised. EA servers are always.. ALWAYS terribad.