PDA

View Full Version : The Vitamin String Quartet

Joker0fLife
10-13-2010, 05:14 AM
I recently found out about this group, and I have to say what they do is beautiful. They also have SO MANY good covers. Some of my favorites so far that I've heard are:

YouTube - Vitamin String Quartet-Yellow (Coldplay)

YouTube - The String Quartet Tribute To Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit

YouTube - Snow (Hey Oh)-The Vitamin String Quartet

YouTube - Vitamin String Quartet- Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N Roses)

BarbaricGoose
10-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Yeah, I've heard a couple of their songs. I like the covers they did of Bjork's songs. As well as Mr. Brightside by The Killers. I hate the original version, but I love the quartet's cover. I tend not to listem to them that much because it just sounds so familiar, ya know?

YouTube - The String Quartet Tribute To The Killers - Mr. Brightside

YouTube - Bjork - Human Behaviour [The String Quartet]

dakisbac
10-15-2010, 02:52 AM
I discovered them some time last year and I quite agree that they're amazing. Half the songs they cover sound better by them than by the original band, which is very impressive.

Their discography is floating around somewhere on the net via torrent if you're looking to dl it, and although it's quite large it's worth it.

Joker0fLife
10-15-2010, 03:44 AM
I discovered them some time last year and I quite agree that they're amazing. Half the songs they cover sound better by them than by the original band, which is very impressive.

Their discography is floating around somewhere on the net via torrent if you're looking to dl it, and although it's quite large it's worth it.

Their discography has to be like 6gb's worth :p I think I'll just knit pick until I get a nice computer capable of downloading gigs at a time