PDA

View Full Version : The Quiet Professional

clementsjd1
10-13-2010, 05:28 AM
This achievement took me some time to figure out.. Maybe this will help..

1st When you go prone to crawl through the rocks..
2nd Run up behind him and melee
3rd and 4th on the ledge before the enemy patrol
Let the enemy patrol pass, and sneak past them do not attempt to melee them because they are watching each other.
Once you meet up with mother after the cut scene go up the hill to the right at the fork make a left and follow it down to the rock right next to mother.. Be patient and let the enemies get some space between them so they don't spot the dead bodies.. I started from left to right furthest to closest to the fire.
5th the guy walks damn near right up to you.. Let him get between the 2 rocks before taking him out.
6th The guy standing on the right of the bridge
7th The guy on the left of the bridge.
8th In the creek bed on the right
9th in the creek bed on the left
10th in the creek bed almost directly below you
11th wait a moment for this one he will walk towards the rocks above the fire.
12th wait a moment for this one as well he will walk directly towards the fire.
13th straight across from you if you have a hard time finding him hit up on your D-PAD.

As long as No enemies were alerted the achievement will unlock at this point for you.. I hope this helps.. I wish I had the ability to record video but at this time my dazzle is broken..

HOPE THIS HELP HAVE FUN.

Tha Mantis
10-13-2010, 05:35 AM
I could not get the achievement to unlock by reloading, I just kept restarting the level. Side note, I think you have to be VERY quick about killing the two guys at the start near the edge of the cliff. I kept reloading and restarting, thinking I would get it after you hide under the bridge and kill the guy pissing, eventually I killed them 2 quick, before the other noticed really, and when I killed the 9 at the camp it popped up. You can also get the head shot achievement hear very easy as well.

upindat
10-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Great info!! Going to try this tonight!! This one was a pain!!!!! Tried it like eight times before i said to hell with it and just slaughtered them all!! Thanks

mattjv2099
10-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks. Worked like a charm. Got the 7 headshot cheev at the same time.

Psymon
10-14-2010, 05:58 AM
The only difficult part is the two guys near the ledge. Numbers 3 and 4. I couldn't swing the pistol around fast enough to get 2 headshots. Creep up behind the one on the left, headshot the guy on the right and then quickly knife the left guy. The rest are a piece of cake.

SoleAssassin
10-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Easy acheevo to get.

TrevorDaddy
10-14-2010, 08:44 AM
This is such a stupid achievement the way it's set up. You are forced to watch the stupid ass cutscene over and over if you have to redo it, and console games just don't give the kind of control you need to set up the quick 1-2 punch on kills #3 and #4. On top of that, it'll randomly do gay shit right in the middle like NOT kill a guy when you are very much aiming at their head.

silverhawk97
10-14-2010, 05:29 PM
this worked great got it on my third try. not sure but voodoo killed # 8 and 9 but it stilled popped after killing the last one.

x_Silxx_x
10-14-2010, 05:48 PM
YouTube - Medal of Honor - 'The Quiet Professional' (Achievement Guide)

Try that ;)

xDevilDawg64x
10-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks I will give that video a try.

baddad117
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
does it matter what order you kill the guys in the camp? I ran through this about 8 times last night and didn't alert anyone (right until the very end of the mission) and never got the achievement. After reading though I think my problem is/was #3 and 4. I don't think I was fast enough, I'll try again tonight.

Edit: Tried again 5 times F this achievement and F this game. Another glitched achievement in an EA shooter. I really hoped after the glitched DLC achievements in AO2, 40th day they would have tested this ahead of time. Never again will I buy an EA shooter....never.

Balc0ra
10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
I just stod where you get up when all the targets are marked on your hud. Did the one on the far right first. Then the two on the bridge "right then left". Then the guy that walks towards you form the campfire, Then the two at the fire camp, The one in the tunnels. And the last one at the far end. The guy that walkes up the path was taken by my team mate, but I still got it.

Only ended up standing down there at the tunnel exit. Cus that guy would see some of the dead guys every time.

Stropter
10-14-2010, 11:23 PM
i tried it now over 10 times and still no achievement. i also think itīs #3 and #4 what is my problem. will try again tomorrow

Venomized
10-15-2010, 01:22 AM
This is such a stupid achievement the way it's set up. You are forced to watch the stupid ass cutscene over and over if you have to redo it, and console games just don't give the kind of control you need to set up the quick 1-2 punch on kills #3 and #4. On top of that, it'll randomly do gay shit right in the middle like NOT kill a guy when you are very much aiming at their head.

Don't know what you are saying, but this achievement is quite easy.

[ Vehemence ]
10-15-2010, 04:11 AM
I tried to unlock this several times, and every time I was unnoticed and got 16-17 kills before moving on through the last cave where you are spotted. Evidently, it must be at the campsite where you need to wait for your dumb ass partner to tell you how many are left. I did not do that, and I took them all out while getting all but 2 headshots....stull undetected, still no achievement.

I will retry this while taking the same exact steps as in the video and see if it's glitched or not.

TrevorDaddy
10-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Don't know what you are saying, but this achievement is quite easy.

Need to work on your reading comprehension skills I suppose. What I said was quite clear. It's a stupid achievement for consoles where your level of control is basically inhibited into a pile of steaming shit because of the console controller. This kind of achievement is best left for mouse/keyboard systems.

I'm mainly talking about #3 and #4. Trying to headshot them both before they know what hit them is garbage on consoles, and no freaking way someone walking through the snow sneaks up on two guys like that for a point blank head shot and melee without them knowing they are coming.

DokMMz
10-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Cool. Will give this a go again tonight!

Psymon
10-15-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm mainly talking about #3 and #4. Trying to headshot them both before they know what hit them is garbage on consoles, and no freaking way someone walking through the snow sneaks up on two guys like that for a point blank head shot and melee without them knowing they are coming.

It's unrealistic, yes, but doing the headshot/melee works. I couldn't get the double headshot thing down. I could get one headshot, but then swinging the gun around to get the second one was too hard. I would always miss on two. Just try it.

Rock Karoly
10-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Same here, I unlocked it even after realoading my last check point.

DokMMz
10-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Worked! Quite simple really. Thanks!

[ Vehemence ]
10-15-2010, 01:46 PM
It's confirmed that doing the headshot/melee on #3 & #4 at the cliffside is the action to take. I'm not sure if you need to wait at the campsite for Mother to take a shot, but taking the exact steps in the video unlocked it for me finally.

Stropter
10-15-2010, 03:12 PM
;3619494']It's confirmed that doing the headshot/melee on #3 & #4 at the cliffside is the action to take. I'm not sure if you need to wait at the campsite for Mother to take a shot, but taking the exact steps in the video unlocked it for me finally.

donīt know if this is right, because i unlocked it today finally during my first try, and tried it over ten times yesterday and it didnīt unlock although iīm pretty sure that my first try today wasnīt different with my tries yesterday. maybe it helps, while not unlocking, going back to the dashboard and starting over again.

Chris261287
10-15-2010, 10:34 PM
LOL at the 'I cant double headshot'

Use your melee knife ;)

vithzeral
10-16-2010, 02:20 AM
I can confirm that reloading a checkpoint works; I think those that said it didn't must have been spotted already without realizing it (probably at 3 and 4), and not reloaded until the big camp.

Chris261287
10-16-2010, 08:18 AM
I have this one now. Im sure its another cumulative achievement as theres no way I killed 13 people in one go. Mother killed a few in that camp too. I even used the 'reload checkpoint' option

Psymon
10-16-2010, 08:25 AM
LOL at the 'I cant double headshot'

Use your melee knife ;)

I know that the headshot/melee is what works best. That's why I suggested it. I figured that out before this thread was even made. I was saying that I couldn't get the double headshot down, so I used the shot/knife method. It was advice for others who had the same problem.

NaK Quinn
10-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I just stod where you get up when all the targets are marked on your hud. Did the one on the far right first. Then the two on the bridge "right then left". Then the guy that walks towards you form the campfire, Then the two at the fire camp, The one in the tunnels. And the last one at the far end. The guy that walkes up the path was taken by my team mate, but I still got it.

Only ended up standing down there at the tunnel exit. Cus that guy would see some of the dead guys every time.

I did it very simular. Approach the camp and go right. Kill the guy standing above the campfire infront of you. Snipe the two guys up on the bridge. Turn around and look down at the path, head shot this guy. Run towards where he was going and enter the cave, shot this guy. Go back to where you were over looking the campfire. Kill the guy standing by the fire, the guy behind him, then look to your right and kill that guy. If you do it fast enough you get them all with headshots. If you didnt get the achievement and the alarm hasnt sounded carry on with the mission. Right after this part you crawl under a bridge and wait for tangos to pass. After this he will tell you to go left and wait for more tangos. When the guy runs to go pee, shot the guy on the bridge in the head. Go under the bridge and up the hill. He will tell you to wait again. As soon as Mother is beside you pop the guy closest to you in the head, then RUN right and knife the guy in the back (do it quick because he runs up the hill). As soon as you knife him, shot the guy closest to you in the head, then shot the shit out of the 13th guy. If done right no alarm and 13 silent kills.

Note: You can also use this method for Tier 1 mode. Also, if you silent killed the guys before this (4 I think) it should pop after you kill the last guy in the camp.

o Aldo o
10-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I've just done this even though I alerted them, I just died and then redid the camp fire area and I got the achievement, so dont restart the whole mission you may still get it

Keno
10-16-2010, 04:54 PM
rofl how is this hard to get? I got it without even trying!

Kokswijk
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
rofl how is this hard to get? I got it without even trying!
Go show off somewhere else, noob.

Barad
10-17-2010, 01:23 PM
I got this achievement without trying, was very careful when I came to the big group of guys though, had to wait for them to split and take em out quick.

ChizCafe
10-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Why does nobody follow the videos people post exactly how they are showed. I followed mine exactly like the RoosterTeeth Achievement Hunter video.
Knife guy number 1, Headshot the second guy ( I was going for the 7 head shots). Now on guys 3 and 4, maybe I am just a good twitch shooter but I had no problem headshotting both of them (watch the video to figure out how far the second guy falls back and just quickly throw your aimer there).

Got to camp, killed guy in front of me. Right to left on the bridge. Killed the guy running up to Mother because if Mother takes him out then you wont get the achievement here you will have to progress further and kill the guy pissing and what not. Turned around got the guy point blank, then the dude in the cave, guy by the doors, guy by the ammo thingy or whatever hes croutched then the dude closest to you standing by fire I believe. Bam Achievement unlocked and my 7 headshots unlocked.

Now I only had to restart once because the guy by the gate the first time wouldnt fucking get headshoted at all, I dont know why and then he got alerted with everyone else.

Yes I agree it is fucking retarded that we have to watch that whole intro again to get this achievement but what can you say (except why is there a skip cutscene action for all the other levels and not this one).

Now to say this would be easier with a mouse and keyboard...well no shit.
Thats like saying it would be easier for me to buy a car if someone gave me a million dollars, its fucking obvious.
You have more control and precision with a mouse and keyboard, thats why I think RTS games for a console are fucking retarded. You have maybe 10 different things to press and move on a controller and you need to perform like 500 actions a minute on an RTS.
But if you dont like playing this game on a console then play it for PC, dont bash it because it uses a controller....your playing a fucking console game what would you expect.
I gave my tips and advice, go watch them videos a bunch of times but honestly if you take your time and place them shots good. This is fucking easy, took 2 trys and only cause the dumb thing wouldnt register my headshot. Guys #3 and #4 if you cant double headshot them like I can then do the melee shot tactic.

[ Vehemence ]
10-17-2010, 06:42 PM
You don't need to watch the whole intro to start it over. Right after, there is a Checkpoint while you are on ground. Check it again, because my disc pops up Load Last Checkpoint time after time again.

Like I said, I did them step by step as in the video with the headshot/melee @ #3,#4 and when we came into camp, I waited for Mother to take that one shot and I finished off the last 3. I got the achievement then, so you can get it with Mother taking out at least one asshole.

If you count all the enemies that are shootable (minus the 4 strolling towards the cliffside), there are 4 before you reach camp and exactly 9 at the camp. Mother did shoot one, so that makes 12 and I still got it.

TheBarry
10-17-2010, 07:01 PM
YouTube - Medal of Honor - 'The Quiet Professional' (Achievement Guide) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zftAFmNwE9U)

Try that ;)

I did it a little differently, but this cheevo is super easy if ur an fps veteran like me. BooM HEADSHOT!

Kokswijk
10-17-2010, 11:52 PM
I did it a little differently, but this cheevo is super easy if ur an fps veteran like me. BooM HEADSHOT!
Noob Flame...

TheBarry
10-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Noob Flame...

Not at all

I just like yelling boom headshot everytime i scored one on that mission

SOTG Ace
10-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Let the enemy patrol pass, and sneak past them do not attempt to melee them because they are watching each other.

When you hear your partner come on the mic saying a patrol is coming, don't wait for them to pass, it takes to long. Run up to the right, behind the trees, once they pass just run on. You will need to do this is you want to shave valuable time off your Tier 1 times.

Otherwise, it's a perfect tutorial.

codename76
01-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Annoying Achievement.

Guys 3&4 were the problem for me. When you hit guy 3 you have a short window of opportunity to kill Guy 4 otherwise you won't get the achievement.

I just got really close headshotted guy 3 and stabbed guy 4 before he could react. The rest of the kills were pretty straightforward.

Owen H Brown
01-09-2011, 02:42 AM
I will have to add my name to the list of frustrated people who cannot unlock this.

I have had about 6 tries today and no achievement unlocked. The ONLY issue here would be enemies 3 and 4 who stand side by side on the cliff.

I watched the video in the guide and the guy on the left seemed to react slightly before being killed, maybe I was wrong, but I will definitely try the shoot/knife method and let you know how it goes.

I also think that it does not matter what order you kill the guys in the camp, just as long as you are not seen.

I'll get back to you...

EDIT: I would like to confirm that this achievement is Delta Hotel and that the method of shooting the guy on the right in the head before knifing the guy on the left works, you just have to be VERY fast. I managed to get the knife into his back, on my prior attempt I only got the knife into his side and assumed that would be classed as a detection so just restarted to be safe.

So if you want some sort of gauge of a successful stab, if it's in the back then fine. It should mean he has not reacted or noticed you, it worked for me.

Also, you CAN restart from the last checkpoint if you mess up the camp part!

DborKnowsBest
01-11-2011, 05:22 AM
You can get it easily on the running with wolves mission. Start by getting a head shot on the first guy patrolling the wall. After Dusty kills the guy in the first building you enter, run ahead and down the stairs and get 2 quick headshots off on the guys your supposed to take out with dusty. After this you will come up to those two guys in the towers you can easily headshot, and after that happens 6 AQ will rush Dusty and you should be able to get two headshots off, just aim for the bridge and two guys will usually run over and kneel in the open right beside each other at the end of the bridge.

Never Final
08-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I just got this with only killing 12 guys.

1st - the one you have to knife thats scripted.
2nd - the guy patrolling in your path
3rd and 4th - on the cliff edge.
Get to the camp with the 9 enemies.
5th - to the very right by himself.
6th - high up on the ledge in the same line of sight as the 5th.
7th - On the same ledge but farther left.
8th - guy walking the path to the left.
9th - guy heading to the archway under 7th.
10th - guy in the cave.
11th - guy near fire.
12th - guy walking away from fire.

Note I did not kill the guy that your ally gets. I guess it counts in the chain though.

So while the achievement states you need to kill 13 guys you in fact only need to kill 12.